Is a citizen's safety more important then a citizen's privacy?

• The fact I can

The fact I can get my money and on a Friday afternoon in this case it was not immediately available to all of them in my head and a lot more fun and addicting and I don't think that it was not immediately available to all of them in my head and I have to be a good day to be able and a few weeks and I'm still not sure what I was just about to be

• The fact I can

• The fact I can

• Safety is 100% more important than privacy

What if you contacted a person on the internet, and they kidnapped you. The only way you could have cops track you down is to show them this freaks username and information. That if they didn't go through your private messages they would never be able to find this person, and save you.

• We need privacy

Many people think there is privacy in the world but that is not true. What most people don't know is that the government literally will pay loads of money for our privacy. There are cameras and face tracers and licence plate recorders and even more ways that they can steal our privacy. We as citizens are selling our souls to the government but none of us realize it and think we are safe. We need to protect our privacy and make sure that we are truly safe in society these days. -Written by a 14 Year Old

• We NEED Privacy

• We shall listen, not lecture; learn, not threaten. We will enhance our safety by earning the respect of others and showing respect for them.

Gun control impinges upon the Second Amendment; involuntary commitment impinges upon the liberty clause of the Fifth Amendment; curbing 'entertainment' violence impinges upon First Amendment free speech. That's a lot of impingement, a lot of amendments. But there's no free lunch. Increasing public safety almost always means restricting liberties. Law enforcement officers are never 'off duty.' They are dedicated public servants who are sworn to protect public safety at any time and place that the peace is threatened. They need all the help that they can get.

• It is important our safety.

We should be safe and dont matter our privacy or anthything else in the world we matter and that is why the government is protecting us from our enemies. The government needs to take care of their community and be sure we are safe our children need to be safe more than everything!!!

• It is important our safety.

• Yes it is.

Our safety should always come first. I think it is understandable to give up a little privacy if it means being safe and feeling safe. Of course that leaves us open for having people in power to abuse it and take away too much privacy, so we have to find a safe and good middle ground.

• Privacy is a personal privilege

Big Brother doesn't need to be watching me. My privacy, and my freedom, are of utmost important to me. I agree with the Ben Franklin quote on this side of the argument. Giving up freedom for the feeling of security isn't worth it. A gilded cage is still a cage. A citizen deserves his or her privacy above the needs of everyone else's safety.

• V for Vendetta

Safety is an illusion we conjure up to make ourselves feel better. I have always loved the movie V for Vendetta because of V's speech about giving up privacy for security. If safety is important then why not insure it yourself by making use of the second amendment which allows for the right to bear arms. When people put their safety in the hands of government entities it has the potential to become tyranny. "Cruelty and injustice...Intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors, and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission" (V for Vendetta). When we give up privacy for safety and security we open the door to losing everything.

• We need privacy

• We need privacy

• We NEED Privacy

• Privacy is far more important.

Safety in this country just doesn't exsist. Please note the ones who are suppose to "serve & protect" citizens have been doing just the opposite. Killing innocents and getting away with it. Our privacy is the only thing somewhat protecting us. And the government is already invading that. Privacy is the only thing somewhat protecting us I guess you could say.

• No, it is not

Although we should have some security such as police and stuff like that, we don't need the government seeing us naked, seeing what we do on the internet, security cameras in bathrooms and bedrooms are just plain stupid and shows the government is paranoid. We have privacy for a reason.

• There is no safety.

No matter what you think safe is, you never are safe. The governments idea of "safety," is surveillance. Life itself will take its course, and no amount of safety precautions will protect it. We can fix car crash ratings and make them safer, but in reality you could die in your own home at any given moment. What safety procedures will really be done? None. Just more cameras that will watch you constantly, and POTENTIALLY catch the person that did the damage. So clearly Privacy is more important to the citizens. That's one of the only things we really have control of!

• Privacy is a personal privilege

Privacy is a personal privilege that should be given to every citizen. It’s what makes the Land of the Free what it claims to be. If citizens give up their privacy for protection, who’s to say that the ones protecting them will keep them safe. Once your privacy has been invaded, you’re not safe anymore.