• I Agree And Disagree

I think the overall value of a degree depends much more on what the degree is for rather than where it was obtained at or how much it cost to obtain it. I have poured well over $20,000 into my education and have yet to graduate. I doubt I will earn my money back, but that's okay because I chose the wrong field. If you want to get a degree and make it worth while, don't pick the subject you find interesting, pick the one that has plenty of employment opportunities.

• Yes it is a long term investment

I think that it is because it is a long term investment think about how hard it is to get a job without a college degree it also have been know to make people happier because they make a good amout of money and they do not have to worrier as much about bills

• A lot of jobs require college degrees

If you have been looking for a job and don't have a college degree then you probably know how hard it is to get a really good job without one. A lot of really good paying jobs require you to have a degree. Yes it may cost a lot to go to college but once you get a degree and find that high paying job then you should be able to pay off your debt without a problem.

• Better Educated Populace Leads to Better Quality of Life

The more education one has, the better overall quality of life in society. Statistics have borne this out for years. The Baby Boomer generation is getting older and people with nursing/medical degrees will be in high demand for the next two decades. Industries that need college educations are willing to shell out extra money to retain qualified help. The trick is, when trying to get a college degree, is to find an industry that can cover the expenses of going to college. Save money before college, be frugal during your education and keep expenses low and there is no reason why college debt should be a burden to anyone with grants, scholarships and benefits.

• No they're not anymore today

People are getting in debt; tuition rises; salaries of labours don't change so much; graduates are unemployed and families worry about the financial situation. It is not anymore a college degree for a price of $53,000 a year which will be in 4 years equals $212,000 in a best known college; thats the price of a property already. Since demand for degrees are rising it will get more terrible: competition rises beyond college graduates; tuition rises so crazy that there is no point when the time will come to get the tuition 400%. This were times in the 1960s when it was so perfectly cheaper than today. We all wish the cheapest prices back, would you?!

• A college degree only guarantees debt, not a job.

It used to be that a college degree could guarantee you a job. It was an advantage that you had over your peers that allowed for a competitive edge. You could garner a higher wage and therefore justify the expense of the degree. However, this is no longer the case. There are fewer jobs available because people are taking longer to retire. More and more people have a college education, so it's not necessarily an advantage to have a degree. Experience is now more valued than education. It is increasingly difficult to even get a job which can pay off the debt that a degree gives you. The only advantage to an expensive degree would be the connections that you make within the college or university. One can garner a higher wage working blue collar positions than you can careers which require a degree. The price of the degree is no longer worth what you get in return.

• No a college degree is not worth the high price

The way I see it, a college degree anymore is little more than a piece of paper. That piece of paper comes with it a high cost, financially and in time spent. Money wise, you pay thousands and thousands of dollars for the promise of a career that once you finish, often times just is not there, leaving you out all that money and in most cases if using student loans, with a pile of debt to deal with as well.

Time wise, you spend several years of your life for this career, where you could have learned what you needed to just fine on your own faster, along with having the time to do other things along the way, something the college life doesn't really allow for. Not only that, but a good portion of this time you spend in school, is taken up by classes that are entirely unrelated to the field you wish to go into. So that adds up to time and money spent on things really not of value to you, but are required of you for your degree. All of this time of course you cannot get back.

So no I don't believe a college degree is worth the high price, don't see it as worth the investment at all.