Is a college education the birthright of every citizen?

• College is not a birth right

College is not a birth right. Kindergarten through twelfth grade is. College is supposed to be something for more ambitious people to get ahead in life after high school. Or at least that's what it used to be. Now it's turning into something every thinks they deserve just for being a citizen.The sad thing is many colleges have caught onto this and are okay with it as they realize they can make more money by admitting more people as students, even if they don't truly qualify for or belong in higher education. I mean, it would be mean to turn any individual down because everyone deserves higher education, right? The only problem with this is the more peope and unqualified individuals they accept, the lower the standards for the curriculum become and the more dumb undeserving people who now have college degrees they churn out. This lessens the value of w college education in two ways. If more and more people have college degrees, it becomes less valuable. It basically becomes the new high school diploma. Secondly, if we keep lowering the curriculum as we already have to a pretty significant degree, higher education becomes less valuable. It turns into a cheap commodity or an expectation on a job resume instead of a perk. The high degree of liberal stupidity, entitlement, and manufactured synthetic /deformed version equality liberals support is starting to ruin our nation. If this keeps up, our children will have to start going to grad school for masters degrees just to stay competitive. People want to tell me it's not right that everyone can't go to college? I'll tell you what's not right. It's no right and it's not fair that we force our future generations to take another 3-4 years of school on top of a bachelors degree just to have an edge in the workforce. It's not right that so many under serving and unqualified people are allowed into colleges and universities this lessening a college degrees worth. People need to suck it up and find alternate avenues of making money if they can't make it into college because higher education is at its fundamentals not something designed for everyone. It's something you work for, not something you give everyone because you'll feel mean for not letting them in. Basically college is becoming the young adult equivalent of a participation ribbon.

• A college education is not the birthright of every citizen.

Every American should have a college education but it is not and should not be a right. Currently, the Pell Grant and other Financial Aid provides for many low-income students to go to college if they would not be financially able to otherwise. It still must be up to the individual to prove that he or she has the intelligence and motivation to get into college.

• No It Is Not

I do not believe a college education is the birthright of every citizen. As a student coming out of high school, I was 100% opposed to going to college because I couldn't stand the education I was receiving in high school and I felt I was ready to enter the workforce which I was already involved in. When I tried college at 25 I was amazed at how easy and enjoyable it was, but I also ended up running out of funds and couldn't afford to continue without taking out massive loans. Another thing I was opposed to. I think people should have the option if they want to go, even if they can not afford it, however, not every single person is going to be interested coming right out of high school.

• How is it a right?

No, the college education is not the birthright of every citizen, because citizens do not have a right to have everything handed to them. Our only rights are to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We don't even have the right to have someone else find food for us.

• There should be more help with it, though.

No, college education isn't a right. The public school system is having enough trouble without adding college to it. College costs much more than basic school and would be a big burden to pay for, unfortunately. There should be more government and other assistance out there to help pay for it, though.