Is a discussion of Benedict Arnold suitable for a discussion of the American Revolution for kids?

• I Suppose So

I believe a discussion on Benedict Arnold would be suitable for a discussion on the American Revolution for children. When speaking about history I believe it is important to be honest with children and present the good and bad in very matter of fact ways. I believe using Benedict Arnold would be more than suitable.

• Yes, kids need to learn history correctly

I believe that children should discuss Benedict Arnold when learning about the Revolution. History needs to be told as is, and not skewed by political correctness. History is all about learning from our mistakes so that they are not repeated in the future. If we don't teach children about the wrongdoers of history, they may make the same mistakes in the future.

• Lessons in the Revolutionary War should include uncomfortable topics such as Benedict Arnold

A discussion of Benedict Arnold is suitable for a discussion of the American Revolution for kids because it tells of the type of issues that affected the country at the time. It also gives children an idea of the difficulties and conflicts that people mentally internally battled in the Revolutionary War.

• A major part

The actions that Benedict Arnold took during the Revolutionary war was very important to the war, and was a major event that most certainly should be taught to the kids in todays schools. This man was a traitor to his nation, and should forever be remembered as exactly that forever.

• Treason is Punishable by Death

Benedict Arnold is an appropriate topic for the American Revolution for children because of what he did during that time. Constitutionally, there is one crime mentioned by name and that's treason, which is punishable by death. Arnold was a traitor to the colonies and was put to death because of it. It's perfectly appropriate as a topic because that's what really happened during the Revolution.