• Yes its good

This is a great idea. I am in high school right now and i believe we should have 4 day weeks so that we have more of a break and can spend time with our family because think about it for a second, high schoolers spend all their time either at school or at work and to have an extra day off would take off some of that load so we can rest and not over work ourselves.

• 4 days of school should be a thing!

School Community:
    • School – removing a day removes extra expenses such as buses, foods and other - The budget cuts in the schools are holding back the activities we can apply to. Materials are really cut back and the four day week would have two extra hours per day anyway. Most students feel rushed on mondays and if your day off will be friday its a fun time for students. Either way mondays would be the day off from my studies. The things that your child has leaned will be retaught/studied on those 2 extra hours so a four day week would help with budget cuts. A reduction in system spending may be a significant factor considered when moving to a four-day school week. Transportation costs including fuel, bus maintenance and driver salaries are reduced. Also, if facilities are used only four days per week instead of five, there is a significant reduction in utility costs to the system. Money spent to fund school breakfast and lunch programs are reduced by 20 percent, as is spending associated with all hourly cafeteria and custodial workers.
    • Increases attendance by students and teachers during the day
    Individual:
    • Helps students with projects and assignments
    • Colorado schools switch to 4 days a week and saw increased math results
    • More time for extracurricular activities – health
    • Many schools have reported higher test scores
    • Teachers can get the benefits too as they are able to plan their lessons properly and get the rest that they need after working.
    • we are at school more than we are with our families.
    • There are high school students that are only getting about 5-6 hours of sleep just to study and do homework which is an unhealthy amount of sleep for a growing adolescent.
    • Mental health

• I like cheese

Butt burger butt burgler butt beer CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE
    sjfjfn cdxmd djc d c c d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d

• Four day school week is probably better for some people.

A four day school and three day weekend sounds lovely and wonderful to me. A matter of fact, why students should have five school school weeks when they have a four days with a double block schedule of 200 minutes which might equivalent to four instruction day. All it takes is five subjects to teach and that is math, science, geography/social studies, language arts/reading. Including technology and other subjects. For example mathematics from 7:00 to 8:40 through 8:40 to 10:30 equals 200 minutes on one day. Twice weekly all equal to 8 instruction days. Language Arts/Reading from 10:30-12:10 to 12:10 to 1:50. At least two of the most core subjects could be taught first of the given example. When homework is given it could be changed to a weekend study packet to help in force the skills learned in class. A three day weekend might give some students a little more independent Learning instead of being in class five days a week. Some students hate school and others love it.

• Yes, it is.

If a child was currently working on a very important project, he or she would have a much larger amount of time because of the extra day. Another factor is how most schools that use the 4 days a week format have longer school days, and even extra school days in the year. In many situations, this amounts to more work done, therefore more learning. This can also be a way for schools to save money, as there are less days of the week to pay for. This would be especially helpful for a school that provides rather expensive activities for the students every day (one day less).

• Yes it is.

One extra day off can help students study more for tests and kids get more sleep with an extra day off. The students and the teachers can regroup and get more accomplished. Kids can also spend more time hanging out with friends and family. A four day school week would be better for everyone.

• Yes, I think it is

If you have a lot of homework, it will stress us out, and then what? We can't sleep in which makes us cranky and irrational. I know, because I am in school now, and I am really tired everyday because of these 5 day school weeks. I would rather have time to sleep than go to school.

• I strongly Believe that we should have a four day school week!

First of all, I think kids do not get enough sleep. They'll have to wake up at certain times in the morning which is very early because I have to go to school.Kids might not get good grades because they are tired because they have to get up early in the morning they might not get good grades because of that reason.Also some kids might want to get up early though because they can manage your time wisely and get things done in the morning.

• Yes yes yes

I feel that having a four day school week is a great idea. Mostly because the students might get sleep deprived, because of how early they wake up each and every school day. We, as parents, should make sure that our kids well educated,but that does not mean that our kids should have to go through five whole days of school. May I add that these students have more school time then they have to relax and not be stressed. More school days can cause our children to be reached over the limit of stress, for me that is NOT an option!

• I think so

It is a great idea because studies say that kids should have at least sixty minuets each day to keep them healthy . Kids should have more time to sleep so they are not tired for school . They need to have more time with their family so they can learn more about their culter

• No. Not good, people!

I'm and 11 year old who goes to Grandville Public Schools. I think that a four day school week is wrong because Sunday and Saturday is good enough for me. Also, parents would have to change work schedules if a kindergartner doesn't ride the bus and is picked up by mom or dad. And that means not as much money in the family if they have to change the work schedule.

• A four day school week is not good.

No, a four day school week is not good because I think that children should be in school as many days as possible. Although, a weekend is permissible, the five day school week is a good thing. I think that children should have homework every day, and they should have to do it every day.

• No. I do not believe that a four-day school week is good.

No. I do not believe that a four-day school week is good, because children, or students in general have a hard enough time keeping their grades acceptable in a regular school week. They need all the time with an educator as they can possibly get. Cutting the school week to four days would only increase the drop out rate.

• No, students need time to learn.

No, a four-day school week is not good, because students need the time to learn. Losing a fifth day of school would make it hard for students to remember the material. Students receive taxpayer funds for the purpose of an education, and taxpayers want to see their students in the classroom where they are learning.

• Five-day is fair.

Even though obviously most students would love the idea of school weeks being reduced one day less, I think a five-day school week will always be the best way to go about it. In a way, it gets a young person ready to ake on a full time job, putting in 40 hours/week.

• No it is not.

School is very demand especially when you get to college. The students need to have the skills to succeed when they get there. There are too many breaks and lax standards as it is. If anything they need to go to school longer and year round. Perhaps this will increase America's educational standards.

• Noo bish you thought

I believe that students should be tired all the time, and exhausted, and have to deal with wasteman teachers 24/7. I believe that students should be tired all the time, and exhausted, and have to deal with wasteman teachers 24/7. I believe that students should be tired all the time, and exhausted, and have to deal with wasteman teachers 24/7.

• No way ho say

Work needs to be done, loosing a full day of work is the same as loosing a full day payment, that will draw Australias economy down, and with that the meals that are put on the table. Having five weekdays would mean less stress on the weekends knowing there is less to do on Monday.

• It is gay

I hate school ghshasasghgshgashsahghagshashahsgahsasahsaghghsghshg\ssagsgsaghasghsaghsaghsghsaghasghsahgashgashgasghasghsahgsagh hgahghgshgashg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g 6g 9g6 9g 6g9 g6 9g6 g9 6g 9g 6g9 6g 9g69+

• No, obviously not!!!

The one extra day, you could argue that kids will do extra activities. Well, if they do activities all day, they will be tired. It is better if it is all spaced out during the week. Also, how will this change be for the parents? They can't just leave their young ones at home?!?!?!