Is a god who created our nerves and brains and put us here to rip each other to shreds for survival laudable?

Asked by: steffon66
  • God does not allow for violence.

He created the Universe. Everything was in harmony; until sin came into the world BY OUR OWN DOING. Eve, the wife of Adam, disobeyed God, and as a result of this disobedience sin came about, along with war, pain, suffering, murder, and everything else that you can imagine that is bad and not corresponding to the Just and Loving God that created us.

• The God who put us here is the OPPOSITE of your claim!

I do not know where you get your information from, but God is nothing like that! God promotes love and peace and detests wrongdoing, and he wants us to do the SAME. Read these verses and tell me otherwise:

"The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."" -Mark 12:31

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," -Matthew 5:44

""You shall not murder." -Exodus 20:13

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." -Romans 12:9

He sent His one and only son to DIE for us on the Cross to save us from our wrongdoings. Even if we do wrong, we are STILL forgiven! We are here for the exact OPPOSITE purpose you stated.

• Suffering is good!

Suffering is good! Who doesn't love a little pain-fest? Just take a bunch of humans, cut off the unimportant bits, and have a little fun! It's not like their pain matters or that enjoying said pain makes you a psychopath. Fun experiment: Hold somebody over the edge of a building, with the full knowledge that you can stop their death, and let them fall anyways. Lovely blood splatter, am I right?! Considering that a god that gave us pain when pain need not exist, this is exactly what that god is like. And that's just the kind of god that I want to exist!

• That is, if a god exist.

For argument's sake, let's say a god did create us. Because we can't truly distinguish if anything in the universe could be structured more efficiently or if it already is structured the most efficient way, we can't really say if the current make-up of neurology and survival is a necessary result of a universe that can only be a certain way or not. Then again, if intelligent life would exist in a "better" universe, they would probably say the same, since we can't compare the theirs with ours and vice versa.

My point being, even if the development of life is a violent process, there is no real way to tell if it would've been made any better. Besides, in accordance with observed physical and psychological principles, if there wasn't any contrast between suffering and happiness, sentient life wouldn't last long.

• Please place the blame where it belongs .... On man.

The choice is man's to rip each other to shreds not God's. If we were 'programed' by God to do that, why is the minority the ones who do the ripping? Hate is a learned behavior from others we see do the same. So is the greed, & power grabbing that creates the 'ripping to shreds' need.

• Sympathy without trial is not authentic--

A God who provided us the ability to feel pain also provided us with the ability to support others who are in pain. If we cannot feel pain, then we also lose the understanding of pleasure. The rain falls on the wicked and the righteous. As my life falls apart, then I manage to put the pieces together once again, I can now help others whose lives have come apart. I can sympathize, but further more I can empathize. I can speak to them in their pain. I can offer support and advice. I can't have a testimony without being tested.

Secondy, why would a good and juste God seeking authentic fellowship with humanity stop anyone from doing evil? That would take away my free will, and without free will then i would merely be a zombie walking through this world. I would be stupidly-good because I have no choice do evil -- that would be an act of free will which i don't have because the god-concept being argued for would prevent me from doing evil. Therefore, I have no understanding of evil and therefore no free will. My love for anyone would inauthentic, my words would be empty, my actions would be empty, my life would be meaningless and worthless because I don't know the difference from good and evil, pain and pleasure, suffering and prosperity.

• Absolutely not! I need one more word

Like i said in the question he put innocent beings here to be ripped to shreds. He created our nerves and brains and decided we would feel great pain for no reason. Our suffering is gratuitous. There is no good reason for our suffering if we have an all powerful god because anything our suffering could accomplish an all powerful god could accomplish without it or he isnt all powerful. I think its moronic to believe in a good god. Thats the truth. Fyg... F your gods

• That's like cutting yourself with a knife, and getting mad at the knife manufacturing company.

We cause our own suffering. God gave us emotions and feelings. He gave us the good along with the bad. We choose how we feel. Our decisions come with consequences that affect us negatively or positively. God put us here so that we could make our spirits into a counterpart of love, not to hurt one another. Humans choose to hurt each other on our own. He loved us enough to give human beings free will, and its up to us on how we use it.

• The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom

Wise people like Job go through pain trusting in God and not doubting His sovereignty. Unwise people think that God owes them an explanation for all the suffering in this world--Like they are seated on the board of directors of the universe. But their egos are to the universe what microbes are to us.

• The problem of evil

The world is filled with suffering, lions kill antelope, and humans kill...Well everything. Why would a just God allow for violence. The answer to that is no good and righteous follower of God would would harm another, the problem of free will. God gave us free will and since we are not like him we do evil things. But, if all were to become one with God suffering would cease. When one seeks to help and not harm he/she becomes more Christian.