• The Hunger Games, etc.

Here is one example of a book being 10000000 times better than the movie. The Hunger Games as a book is enticing, adventurous, romantic, and it makes you feel like you're actually with the characters. The movie was just a shame to watch because it falsely showed many things and Peeta.....Omg. So annoying. The book is always better most of the time. It helps you enhance your imagination and makes you a more literate and knowledgeable person. Not to mention it is great vocabulary building :)

• I've read17 novels this year?

Its not a question of whether a good book is better than a movie. They are different occupations (pleasures). A book has the quality of the writing and the way the author can paint word pictures. A movie depends on good direction and acting and sitting around for an hour and a half watching moving images that have been made into a story.
    A book requires effort and dedication. A movie is easy to watch and is an instant fix.
    I like both, but given the choice and I was alone at home I would choose a book every time. Socially I would go to the cinema with friends and discuss the film over a drink or two afterwards.
    A book is nearly always superior pleasure to me at least.
    A film for me has to be original with fine acting and superb photography. Both book and film can be superb in their own right!

• A good book kills a good movie

Not just because of the academic pluses but because the small details in a book and the things in a book that a movie cant recreate. Harry Potter is one of the main movie and book comparisons that support the argument. No matter how good the movie is it cant give you the emotional effects or the amazing events a book does.

• A good book is better than a good movie.

Reading helps students at school by building their vocabulary, helping their spelling, grammar and writing. Also authors are cautious of what they write, while movie writers don't care what is said. Most movies use inappropriate scenes and language. Finally, most books are read by children. They love to snuggle up in their beds, hold a book in their hands and let their imagination run wild! But movies destroy this, as the producers want to add and take away parts of the story. Many children are disappointed when they see the characters as they are so very different to what the book describes them as.

• A good book is

A good book is positively better than a good movie. A book lets your imagination run wild whilst a movie only shows how the director interprets the story. Books also can be taken anywhere. For movies, you can't lug a cinema screen around with some popcorn. Simply impossible. Finally, books help with education. It is like a grammar, English and writing lesson all wrapped into one!

• A good book is positively better than a good movie.

A book lets your imagination run wild whilst a movie only shows how the director interprets the story. Books also can be taken anywhere. For movies, you can't lug a cinema screen around with some popcorn. Simply impossible. Finally, books help with education. It is like a grammar, English and writing lesson all wrapped into one!

• Duh of course

When you read a book, you can imagine what is going on. Reading improves more than just your imagination. It improves your vocabulary and your knowledge. Plus, books can be more enjoyable than movies because you actually have to think about the book. I know a lot of people don't like to think, but those who do enjoy books more. I am one of those people so I like to think. That isn't the only reason I feel that way.

• Books Are Better Than Movies

Yes, a good book is better than a good movie. While movies can provide terrific acting and visuals, books require more of an intimate connection between book and reader. The reader must use his or her own imagination to supply the acting and visuals, thus creating a unique experience that cannot be duplicated.

• A good book leaves so much more to the imagination, and leaves time for thought, and prolonged enjoyment.

While many would argue that a good movie is better than a good book, I would strive to state the opposite. A quality work of cinematography is always a delight to behold, but a good book leaves so much more to the imagination. Based on written descriptions, readers can personally visualize things; the characters, their facial expressions, what they’re wearing, how the places they go to appear; instead of being shown everything on a screen. A good book also allows more intellectual thought. While reading, you can put down the book and really digest the information on the page, before picking it up to continue. But a movie is crammed with fast-paced scenes and action, with no time to properly think about what you’re seeing. You can always keep referring back to the words on a page, and are able to read at any pace you want; you control your own reading experience, not the director of a movie. To me, a good book is so much more meaningful than a good movie.

• My personal preference

For some reason, I'm finding that people who read books think that they are the smartest people in the world. I'm going to say it, I don't like reading! That does not make me an illiterate person. I don't have the dedication to sit down and read for more than half an hour. I don't find it entertaining.

• Well, I don't think so.

Literature and movies are different art forms. If you asked me this question a few years ago when I had less movie viewing experience, I would probably have agreed since I've long appreciated the beauty of carefully constructed words, but didn't really see much point in a flashy, thrill-seeking movie that could hardly out-screen two hours. However, having extended my views and opened myself up to more films recently, I wish to say that a top-level movie (which had became really rare these days) could easily rival a good book. They use different means of communication that both have their pros and cons and should, theoretically, be able to achieve similar levels of effects. Movies these days, however, often resorted to mere entertainment and had very few meanings wrapped into them, only cliched teachings that the public never ceases to get bored of. The real good movie should be a piece of art in itself; however, the market condition for movies these days doesn't allow a producer to do that without serious financial concerns. That is why movies are gradually valued less and less by the critics, resulting in even less people seeking art in them, putting producers in a position where they desire even less to make art with their movies, which had became a vicious cycle. To give you an example of a good movie that is also a great piece of art: Trainspotting. I don't wish to elaborate here since I've got limited time, but Trainspotting is truly the first movie that really opened my eyes to what this art form could really do and how it had been terribly under valued.

• Movies are better

I think that movie are better because you can go out with your friends and you can visualize the scenes better and it is less time consuming instead of reading a book. Some people say that books are better but they are really not because I am better than you.

• Visuals are words

I like visuals over words because if you're reading a book don't you sometimes wish that you could see what's happening, other than reading what's going on. Like when you were reading a book, like hunger games, it's an action book. Didn't you hope to see that in real life.