• It is big government.

No, a national database of children is not a good idea, because the government should not start labeling children. It is too reminiscent of totalitarian governments. People would be afraid that the information would later be used against parents, or to force children into programs that parents do not agree to.

• National database for children is not a good idea

National database for children is not a good idea. Anybody could look up into that database. What's even more dangerous is that pedophiles, rapists and other offenders can have access to that database, which is bad for the communities. No such thing should ever exist in our country. It could potentially put many children and families at risk from potential criminals and offenders.

• We Don't Need It

I do not believe a national database of children is a good idea. I can't even fathom the reason that would be used to justify this idea. There is no reason for there to be a national database of children. The government already tracks everyone, that should be sufficient, in my opinion.

• No, I don't think a national database of children is a good idea.

I don't think it's a good idea because I don't see the point of the database, I don't see when it would ever be useful enough to justify the enormous cost it would take to create and maintain with up to date records, I believe the biggest database of children should be at the local school districts in their communities.

• No, a national database of children is not a good idea.

I think that a national database of children would be a bad idea. It is just another tactic for Big Brother to keep an eye on the citizens of the United States of America. There is no need for such a program. It will not keep citizens of th nation safer.