Is a parade float with Obama in a outhouse actually racist (yes) or just political satire (no)?

• Yes, a Parade Flora Outhouse is Racist

The image of Obama in an outhouse is inherently racists and should be prohibited from being included in a parade. By attributing his skin color to our history of slavery, we are degrading him, which is considered racist. Just as a woman candidate would not like to be portrayed as a homemaker who cannot vote, a black man would take offense to this. We should move on from racists historical comparisons.

• Uncomfortable at least

The idea of President Obama being depicted in this way leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth in a way that other 'satires' don't. I doubt anything was done deliberately, but I also think that a white President would be depicted in this way. There is an element of racism to it, conscious or not.

• Could be a mix of both.

When it comes to President Obama being "advertised" in a parade float in an outhouse, I think that could be looked at as a combination of both racist and political satire. A lot of people have mixed feelings regarding our current President, but that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with his race.

• It's tacky, but not racist.

Out-houses were used by all races, especially in the South. In rural areas, where sewer lines & septic tanks were yet to be installed, even the wealthy had a privy. The obvious message is that the President is in "deep sh*t". Of course, the real joke here is that EVERY PRESIDENT EVENTUALLY ENDS UP IN IT!

• Nothing to do With Race

What's an outhouse got to do with race? Nothing.

Obama being mocked =/= racism.

You make a mockery of actual racism when you continually cry wolf. Mockery of a man may or may not have anything to do with his skin color. When you cry "racist" every time that a black man is mocked, it is you who are the racist, for your first thought is clearly that he is black.

Stop slapping REAL victims of racism in the face by crying wolf.

• Is this a joke?

Some people in this country really need to stop thinking with emotions. Its amazing how someone can see something, convince themselves it means something entirely different, then accept that as fact. If your someone with half a brain and follow current events this float goes right along with Obamas presidency.. Right in the crapper.

• If it is racist, I don't see how.

When I see an outhouse I don't think of slavery or black people. I think of how lucky I am to have a toilet with plumbing that works. I think of bodily functions.

So, no I don't think it is racist, but even if it were -- racism is not a crime.

• No, I don't believe it is racist.

I think the float is completely disrespectful, but I'm not really sure how it could be considered racist. People have done some very similar things or even worse, when George Bush was president. While I do feel like it was in poor taste and not very creative, I do not see any racism in it.