• Health Benefits of a Sugar Tax

The most recent data (2005–2006) show that children and adults in the United States consume about 172 and 175 kilocalories daily. There are many children who don’t see the dangers and health issues in sugary drinks, lollies and various sugary products, their obesity gets worse and it’s not too long when the doctor says that they have a type of diabetes or health condition. According to Professor Colagiuri, a leading expert in diabetes screening and prevention, a sugar tax is just one way that we could tackle the problem of Diabetes. Diabetes is only one health issue that is caused due to sugar but insulin resistance is also another health issue. If there were sugar taxes there would be cheaper and healthier options for people to choose from. Sugar tax would benefit many people from different ages, different countries and different genders.

• It's a breakthrough on obesity

I've seen the 'empty calorie' problem in schools, children simply don't take part and don't see that dangers of their "favourite" sugary drinks, the more they drink, the worse their health gets and before they know it, they would have been told by doctors they have type 1 diabetes or even type 2. I want this tax. It would make the UK improve health everywhere, and only then, the NHS have some clarity over these diet related diseases once and for all

• Obviously its good

Sugar tax is good due to the fact that it can seriously help cause like if u go into a normal grocery stall its more expensive to get fresh produces then going to McDonalds and getting a burger for $2which is why a lot of people have grown obeist and unhealthy due to the products prices

• Obviously its good

• Hi hi hi

Hi ho hi hih ih hih hi hi hi hi hi hi hih hih hih hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi himhi hi hi hk hi hih hi hi hi hi hi

• Hello my name is millie

So, yesterday i was painting my hair purple, and then i found myself eating it???? I have never tasted something so yum. Its kinda like how me and my friend eat my cats fur, it goes so moist when you lick it, i recommed you to do it hehe lol

• I am for sugar tax

Save lives- A 20 percent tax on sugar- sweetened beverages could save more than 1600 lives and raise at least $400 million a year for health initiatives.
    -type 2 diabetes
    people will switch to a healthier option because it cost less.
    Companies will lower sugar levels to lower tax levels

• We need sugar tax!!!

Sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good sugar tax is good

• Flick the sugary death known as soft drinks!!!

Soft drinks are not only becoming a water substitute but are slowly but surely decaying the future of the coming generations. They are killing the health of ourselves and our children. Flavoured milk is 'ight though! I need 14 more words, but I feel like ive gotten my point across already!!!

• WE should bring the sugar tax to New Zealand

I think that this will increase the amount of people that will buy fruit and vegetables and will decrease the amount of overweight and obesity New Zealand residents .
    LETS BRING SUGAR TAX
    LETS BRING SUGAR TAX
    LETS BRING SUGAR TAX
    LETS BRING SUGAR TAX
    LETS BRING SUGAR TAX
    LETS BRING SUGAR TAX

• Sugar is good sugar is life.

Sugar is important to the diet of kids. It has been scientifically proven that children need to consume sugar or they will die of sugar deprivation. It is also written in the bible that God commands you to eat sugar in the third of Ten Commandments and if you don't the devil shall claim your soul

• Sumo wrestlers for the olympics?

When we go to the olympics in Rio 2016, we are going to get absouletly wrecked in the SUMO WRESTLING there. We need fat people (like myself) to sugar so we aint gonna be rubbish at the olympics. Imagine... We are going to be the laughing stock of Rio 2016. Not nice is it. Keep sugar and we'll be better at the olympics. Another point, the more fat people there are in britain, im gonna look better at football and my friend ryan is a skinny idiot anyway, but he is worse at sport than me, so imagine what it would be like when hes fat. It would be COMICAL! YOU MUST READ THIS I SPENT A WHOLE 10 MINUTES ABOUT A VALID POINT IN SCHOOL!

• Kid like SUGAR and some SUGAR is good for you

What if you go to party an you need get a drink or some thing that has sugar and you don´t have a lot of money so you would go empty handed with nothing and also kids like it and they would want SUGAR!!!
    And they don´t have a lot moey

• Worst idea i've ever heard

Its up to you if want to be fat or thin. By the way in some countries like mauritania a woman needs to be fat and they want to keep and preserve their heritage passed on by their ancestors. How can we live with this non sense in the world
    we have rights and we can fight for our rights

• Sugar tax sounds like a horrible thing to hear.

I am against the idea of sugar tax. We've been paying taxes to the government almost every thing that we get. You cannot purchase something without added tax. What's more disgusting is the fact that even though we are paying proper taxes, the government is not progressing as much as it should be. Why? Simply because they are doing something with our money. And as a tax collector, as much as I know, their primary duty is to spend the money for the betterment of the welfare. That is, revenue (taxes collected) should be equal to the government expenditure. Deficit happens because of their ability to corrupt the money of the people and spend it to baloney stuffs. So obnoxious. With that, I am against the sugar tax.

• No, I think people will resent an added tax.

No, I don't think a sugar tax is a good idea. I think people will resent both the added tax and the fact that the government is using the tax to control what people eat. The tax will have a ripple effect that no one is considering. By increasing the cost of certain foods, there's a good chance people will either curb or completely stop buying a lot of these foods. This will ultimately impact jobs and the economy.

• It has ruined Coca Cola.

No, a sugar tax is not a good idea, because there is no reason that we should all be eating corn syrup instead. Sugar is more natural, and yet we all eat something that is not as healthy, because of sugar lobbies and farmers that are considered sacrosanct. Corn syrup in Coca Cola is not as good as real sugar.

And they don´t have a lot moey

• "bantair" - willie rennie

"this is banterous" said my friend Willie Rennie. "It took me a nanosecond to decide that this is a bad idea". Then he went doonstairs to speak to his pal Tim farron and he said "traditional liberal values". This is compelling argument that it shouldn't be did or whatever. Dead Metal Is A Great Club Manager Simulator 16. Heafty Snaw Faw Hen.

• Bantair willie rennie

This is banterous it took my friend willie rennie a nanosecond to decide that it is " sacrosanct" whatever that means and "Incompatiple with traditional libneral vyoos" like yeah. Dead metal is a great club manager simulator 16. Heafty Snaw Faw Hen. LOl did you know that when you are me the I is possible.