Is a woman giving companionship unacceptable in a relationship?

• In my opinion it is unacceptable

We are told that a man's job in the relationship is to pay for the date, Buy the Woman gifts and buy the ring for marriage regardless if the woman makes as much money as the male or not. And in return the woman gives her companionship in return. I disagree with this. I think that when someone says "I'm giving you my companionship in this relationship" I think they are of saying "I'm not giving you anything in return." in a sneaky way. If I hear that I stop the relationship.

• If what you meant was...:

You sound like you're actually describing "Presence" rather than "Companionship" and if you are that's correct I agree with you. A person's presence is not a gift, it is a choice, and thus it should be considered less of a standard for reciprocation. In short just because someone "allows" themselves to be with you does not make it even for effort.

• I wouldnt date anyone without companionship.

I dont know why anyone wouldnt date someone without expecting companionship. I mean, companionship by definition is a feeling of friendship or closeness. Without these things, you shouldnt be dating! Otherwise, someone is being taken advantage of. Relationships are give and take, with championship being the mutual prize in the end.

• There are many circumstances to consider but in the majority... No it seems silly to ask even.

Most health relationships require companionship of both if not more parties in general. To say that a woman cannot provide any companionship at all seems impractical if not insane for any relationship to work. Of course I do not think a woman's sole purpose in a relationship is companionship. There are many things a partner should do for their significant other but companionship is a must.

• No: Companionship is the best part : )

1 Corinthians 6:18 (New International Version 2011)
    1Co 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

I must be old fashioned. I thought it was the man's job to man up and treat the woman he is dating with respect and love. If you love her and have her best interests at heart then you will wait on everything else until you are married and thus committed to her.

Formerland1 says2014-07-14T05:19:29.930
This was phrased wrong , what they meant was " should a woman pay the fair share in a relationship ".