• Abortion is murder!!!

When the sperm meets the egg and the egg is fertalized and attaches to the uterus, it is given its own set of DNA, making another human being, because everyone is given their own set of genetic codes. To abort the fetus, no matter how soon from the time of fertilization, is to be considered murder. There is also the argument of when the soul enters the body. Many people believe the fetus is not another human being until its soul enters it. That would mean that a fetus is another being from the time of it's creation, because the soul enters the body when the sperm meets the egg, and life is said to begin in the womb. The word "life" implies that something--or in this case, someone-- is living its own life. It is another human, and to abort it is morally incorrect.It's comparable to murdering a 6 month old child.

• Abortion is morally wrong

I think abortion is morally wrong because you are killing a growing baby. The growing baby or fetus whatever you want to call it has no choice in whether he/she gets to live. Killing a baby after its born is illegal, so why is it legal to terminate a pregnancy in turn killing a growing, developing child.

• Abortion is morally wrong

I feel abortion is morlly wrong because your killing a child before the child is born into this world. Abortion should be illegal because if murder is illegal then killing an unborn child should be illegal. Also if we keep having abortions our population will go down because people werent ready to have a child

• It's Just wrong !

Saying that abortion is not killing life is like trying to spell the word "Cat" without the letter "A" which is impossible. The definition of life is the existence of an individual human being beginning with reproduction. So if reproduction was taken out (abortion) then where does life begin ?

• Is it really YOUR choice to CHOOSE?!

There are soooooo many alternatives out there. Like ADOPTION! Its selfish to think that YOU, oh yes, YOU, could make a conscious educated choice to kill your baby that your sex created. Why are we so quick to say the 'fetus' would grow up to have a terrible life and be malnourished and have no family?! This is a LIE! By spreading this detrimental attitude we are degrading a whole society and creating this FALSE sex with NO responsibility. For the record, SEX HAS A LOT OF RESPONSIBILITY! If you choose to have sex you are choosing to take the 'risk' of creating new human life! Thats taking in to consideration that you didn't use contraceptives...

I hope, one day, the world will finally get it. They would understand that life in the womb is precious and needs to be protected and not killed for 'convenience'.

• It is morally and ethically wrong

It is the absolute murder of a human being. Imagine hot chocolate powder, without water would some say this is still hot chocolate? They call the powder hot chocolate because that is what it becomes, like the fetus, it becomes a human being. It is a form of life, therefore 'stopping' or what's really happening killing the fetus is morally wrong.

• Abortion is Murder

Murder is illegal, so abortion should be too. Abortion is killing a little life, therefore it is murdering! The little babies could have a wonderful life! People who believe that abortion is okay, are absolutely wrong. It says in the Hippocratic oath that doctors must say, to not harm a body. That is exactly what doctors are doing to the little life inside the mother, therefore they are not following the laws of the Hippocratic oath. Abortion should be illegal.

• It is murder

I don't care how many people say "but a fetus doesn't feel yet" because a fetus is still an INCOMMING human baby. If people don't want babies, don't have sex, as simple as that. People shouldn't be having premarital sex in the first place. When people decide to screw around to early, they deserve to suffer the consequences and having to give birth...

• Strong moral of mine to have

I am pro-life because abortion is not a right killing a fetus is not right, moral, and the right thing to do. I am against it not for religious reasons, but for moral and integrity reasons. You can argue that we are a clump of cells, a parasite, lacks brain function, doesn't feel anything, and just a burden on some things. Now, realistically us humans have how many cells in us? A fetus does not fit the scientific term of a parasite. The Mentally retarded and autistic lack brain function should we kill them too? I understand that pregnancy can be hard and unwanted but abortion is pretty much says using safe sex is okay! Besides the use for STD'S. I just find it irresponsible that 2 people engage in unsafe sex and know what can happen and take the easy way out to get rid of a "problem". A child is not a problem, it is a blessing to carry such a beautiful thing and see a part of you that you made. And don't pull the "you don't care after birth". WRONG! I would adopt a beautiful child, and even a mentally handicapped child just to save a life and make a difference. I would do it in a instant. I just find it so ironic that people are more worried about tree's because "they have souls and feelings" but a fetus should be terminated? Where is the logic in that? You people should be happy that your mother did not abort you and chose life. If she did...For 1. You guys wouldn't be here debating this, you wouldn't have experiment life and all the fun, amazing things you have done in your life. Why take that away from someone? Yes, they're are bad times in life but that's just a part of life. Everyone deserves a life... Just because the dad is or mother is a drug addict/in poverty doesn't mean terminate the poor thing... Give it to a family that desires a child in their lives. People are willing to pay for all medical and full out. If it's rape or incest... Then it should be up to you. That's just how I see it but rape baby's still laugh, still cry, still walk, still talk, it's still a child but that's when it should be up to you. Just ironic how it's against the law to kill a woman on death row with a fetus growing inside of her. That's just my stand. If you're pro-choice, I respect that, you have a right to have an opinion. I will not bash yours, and I except mine not be bashed. I am open to debate, but I only debate with civil people.

• Yes. Abortion is MORALLY wrong!

There are 3 points that I would like to explain why abortion is morally wrong. So first, many people think that it is the mother who gave the birth to her child, therefore the mother should have an absolute power of decision for the baby. However, the truth is that when a infant has been given birth in mom's womb, it actually became a new, integral life. Although their bodies have not grew mature enough, but they already have some ideas in their little mind. From the ethical point of view, it is cruel and immoral to murder those lives which haven't even experienced all the beauty in the world.
    Now you may say that many mothers chose to abortion because they were not able to raise a child independently, and orphans etc. Well, here comes the second point. I admit that it is unfair for those children whose parents abandoned them. But it doesn't mean that they do not deserve the great things in our world, on the contrary, orphans are the people who have very good potential to become successful in their future. They have tough experiences when they are little, so it became easier for them to grow more mature than their peer. And there is no way the parents are able to determine the contribution their child may do for the society in the future.
    My third point is that abortion is not healthy. When a mother abort a baby, the operation will harm the body especially the womb, with a huge damage. This damage may be permeant. And it becomes harder when this damaged womb tries to pregnant again. The ratio of abortion will increase. And this increase of abortion will affect the birthrates of the country, which may lead to affect the development of this country. As long as our premiss is that people start to consider abortion as a morally right event, and becoming more and more popular.

Posted by: yino
  • It is terminating a pregnancy and that is it.

There's nothing morally wrong in terminating a pregnancy. It isn't killing a live breathing human being. A fetus doesn't breath and depends on the mother for survival. Life actually begins before conception with our DNA which is living tissue. Life begins in the womb at conception and life begins on earth at birth. Killing a live breathing baby who just started life on earth is murder, but not in the womb as a fetus.

• No

I still do not think abortion is wrong, in any way shape or form. First, there is a time period where a doctor can perform the procedure. This period is in the very, very, beginning of the forming of the baby. At that point, the baby really isn't a baby, its the two parts forming together. Saying abortion is morally wrong is like blaming a loving mother, who wants that kid more than anything, that has a miscarriage and lost the baby is morally wrong.

• Abortion is a private medical decision, not a debate.

You cannot tell a person what they have decided is the right choice for their body and their life is wrong or immoral, because you haven't walked in their shoes even one step. You don't know the reason for their abortion; you just assume that because YOUR morals or YOUR religion doesn't approve of it, no one should be able to see the reasoning behind it. Woman who have been raped shouldn't have to be judged by people who have no idea of the mental and physical torment she has to go through and carry the reminder that she was raped because some politician decided that abortion is 'morally' wrong.

• That would depend on your morals, since morals are mostly subjective.

While we can all (for the most part) agree that murder is morally wrong, whether or not abortion is murder is, at this point, subjective. I, for one, do not believe abortion is murder, at least up until a certain point. Even then, however, I see circumstances in which this “murder” could be justified depending on the situation of the mother. It’s all a grey area, which is why it is so important to leave the decision up to the woman in question.

• Life is a continuum

Life is a continuum and has been around for millions of years. It began millions of years ago and not with conception. The soul comes into a body once the fetus is completely developed. At first life begins with a clump of cells so there's no consciousness. It is simply terminating a pregnancy because the whole person comes at the end. I feel it is immoral to bring children into the world we can't take care of. Child abuse is immoral. What is immoral begins after birth and not before.

• It is hard to say.

I'm not religious, but from a religious standpoint, I could understand how some would believe that abortion is morally wrong. Whether it is right or wrong isn't really your decision to make, though- it's the female that is making the choice to have an abortion or not. A fetus, until some point in the 5 week period, does not have a brain. In the 20-28 week period, does not have developed nerve endings. By that point, the abortion would not be legal. Most abortions happen within the first term of pregnancy, so basically- It doesn't even feel anything. Nor does it have real thought. So that argument is invalid with scientific facts to back it up. As said above, abortion isn't murder by definition. So that's all based off how you see it. But whether it's morally wrong to abort a fetus- I'd say it is. But I'd also say that it doesn't matter and that the health of the person that is alive is more important than the health and life of a being that was not meant to be.

• It is hard to say.

• It is hard to say.

• It is hard to say.

• It is hard to say.

Mr.Thrash says2013-07-12T14:37:48.147
* Not using safe is okay
Mookt says2013-07-12T15:45:31.110
This is one of the most interesting issues there is in a debate context. Both sides start with an assumption (i.E., it is or is not a human being with a sole). There is no sound method for evaluating the correctness of either assumption. For me it's even more nuanced than that -- on one end of the spectrum I seriously doubt a single fertilized cell is much of a human life and at the opposite end I am reasonably certain that a baby who would otherwise be born the next day is a human life. So, unlike most issues where there is evidence that actually points to a correct conclusion (e.G., evolution, global warming, the relative benefits of oppression) or even conflicting evidence that can support various conclusions (issues of economics and political policy), there is no such evidence here. The correct conclusion derives entirely from applying logic to your starting set of assumptions. Change the assumptions, use the same logic and you come to the opposite conclusion.