• Yes, abortion is right.

There are way to many unwanted children in this world. Society is punished as a result of all of the criminals that terrible parents create. These horrible people should be allowed to abort their worthless children. Parents should be able to "abort" their children up to the age of 25 years old.

• A fetus is not a baby

A seed is not tree. Dough is not bread. A fetus is not a baby. It may be the start of a baby, but it is not a baby. We know pretty well when consciousness develops this is when human DNA is considered both scientifically legally and philosophically considered a human being (or person)

• It should be up to the woman, not some Republican men

This is one thing I do not get. I am a 14 year old boy. I find it amazing how Republicans complain about how we restrict everything (which is not true) and then how they choose to interfere with the rights of women. In cases of rape, it should be there choice. This whole debate is stupid. Let the women decide, not some old fat Republican in Congress.

• Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

Abortion is best for both the mother and the unborn child. If the mother doesn't want it, then she's less likely to care for it well and it will end up being neglected and uncared for. It's the woman's choice. It's her body, so let her decide.

These conservatives are really something, aren’t they? They’re all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you’re born, you’re on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don’t want to know about you. They don’t want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re pre-born, you’re fine; if you’re preschool, you’re f*****.

Conservatives don’t give a s*** about you until you reach “military age”. Then they think you are just fine. Just what they’ve been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers.

• I favor the rights of the woman

Though this is a very touchy subject I have absolutely no problem with women getting abortions if that is their desire. So many people look at the situation and just determine that the fetus is a person and therefore has a right to life which it does, it just doesn't have the right to sustain its life at someone else's expense. If you don't think that it should be legal for the government to take your heart out and give it to me so I can live then it shouldn't be right for you to make someone go through with a pregnancy they don't want to continue. It truly is all about what the woman wants because the fetus has no desires. It's not even conscious so anything that the mother wants is what the fetus wants. And I'm sorry but the views of pro-choice being anti-fetus is just absurd. In my opinion if I could hook the fetus up to something to continue its existence then honestly I would because it will be sustained independent of someone who no longer wishes to carry it. But I could go on all day about this, my main point is it's her body so it's her decision and no one else's.

• It Really Depends.

I support it as well as don't support it. I don't believe that abortion is a form of birth control. If you're carrying a perfectly healthy baby and it poses no health risks to you, then you shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion.

However, if the child will be born with missing limbs, deformities, or some other problem, then abortion should be allowed. The children shouldn't be forced to suffer through such hardships. An innocent child.

I also believe that if the child poses a health risk to the mother, it should also be allowed to be aborted.

Like I said though, if there are no health risks nor risks of problems with the child, abortion should not be allowed. Abortion is not a form of birth control. If you didn't want a kid, you shouldn't have had sex. It's a very simple concept.

• Keep abortion legal.

If you don't want an abortion, don't get one. If you think there are medical reasons for abortions and need one because of that, good for you. If you want to use it as birth control, then that should also be your right. Restriction on abortions is a moral issue only, and this attitude belongs in churches, not the public square.

• Abortion hurts women

I am pro life and I love women. Most people on the opposing side of this issue state that when we are pro-life, we hate women and we don't want to give them their rights. This is conclusively untrue. The fact of the matter is, that abortion companies capitalize on instances when women are in a rut.

Http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=9INmDswEzGg

Thus in reality the one's that believe abortion is right actually don't care about women. And they definitely don't care about the sanctity of life. They care about their freedoms and their right to choose rather than sacrifice, and love for another human being.

• This is a very debatable issue.....

Everyone is going to have their own personal opinion of this situation. Many think that you are "killing" a human and is a crime against humanity. I think that it is the women's choice, whether or not they want to care for another human. Many who are pregnant in their teens need to make the ethical decision whether or not they want to carry on the pregnancy. Many want to finish high school and go to university, and if they have the baby, they won't be able to do that. Saying that, they won't be able to provide for the baby as they won't have a job, and education, and in most situations the boyfriend leaves and the parents don't want anything to do with them. Abortion is really the only way to go in order to be successful academically. Once you are emotionally and physically ready later on in your life, you can then be prepared to have a baby. Also, some people who are raped should be given the opportunity to have an abortion. They didn't plan on getting pregnant or being raped, and they don't want to ruin their lives by carrying a baby that they truly don't want. Also those who are older should be able to use abortion, as they might not have planned it and won't be able to live and give their child the quality of life they deserve. Abortion, in my opinion is about trying to give the mothers a better chance in life, as many don't plan for pregnancy to happen . There will be people who agree with my statement, but their will always be people that stand outside abortion centers protesting against this act.

• Anyone who proposes abortion is a hypocrite

Think about this: everyone who ever breathed air was at one time a fetus, deep inside a womans' womb. If that woman would would allow that baby girl to live inside her, so too should that girl allow another baby to live insider her as well when she matures, else she would prove her hypocrisy.
    However, there are a select few cases in which abortion would be justified, I contend. For example, if the baby is a hazard to a sickly mother who cannot physically bear the child at the risk of death, then that woman has a right to her own life, of which the baby cannot survive without anyway, so an abortion would be justified.
    Abortion should not be seen as a means of contraception, that is a stark insult to the sanctity of life. If the mother does not want the child, she can just give it up for abortion. Sure the child may be raised in a foster home, but that would still serve as a preferable alternative to death.

• Abortion is murder!

Abortion is the sickest thing that is legal in our country! Abortion takes the life of innocent babies just because their mother doesn't want them. Abortion goes against the famous line of the Constitution, "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Just because it is still in the womb, doesn't mean that it is not an innocent baby.

• It is not right

Abortion is murder. You can't just kill an innocent human life because it is still in the womb and the
    mother does not want it. Abortion is sick and ungodly. I think that if you had an abortion, you should feel guilty and repent. Abortion is basically just taking the life of an innocent child of God because the mother doesn't want it. Still being in the womb doesn't make the baby any less an innocent human being.

• The S.L.E.D. Case

The only differences between adults and the unborn are Size, Level of development, Environment, and Dependency. (remember it, S.L.E.D.) Size is clearly irrelevant, would we consider those smaller than us inferior? If so, why don't we kill midgets if they are inconvenient. Okay, if size is not a matter, what about level of development? Many claim that if the unborn have not developed a sense of pain, we can dispose of them. But what about, say.. Teenagers? They are not as developed as adults, and they are often inconvenient, so why don't we just go around killing them? Because they have rights! So shouldn't the less developed have rights? How about environment? This one is obvious. If a child hugging her mother has the right to life, but a child 6 inches closer doesn't, what use are any rights at all? If the right to live depends on your location, it is no right at all! Finally we arrive at dependency. Because the child is completely dependent on its mother, the mother has the right to kill it. Do doctors have the right to kill those in a coma because they are totally dependent on them? Neither should mothers kill the children dependent on them, however inconvenient. Another argument that is often brought up is that the Zygote is part of the mother. Actually, this zygote has its own individual gene code, blood type, and many other processes. So what it comes down to is that a fetus is a human. A full human. There is no use denying it. But what about the touchy subjects? What if the mother cannot support the child? What about rape? The argument that the mother cannot support the child is barbaric if the child is already a human, with full rights. So what if the mother does not think that she can support a child? She has to keep it (or give it to an orphanage) because killing it is not an option if the child is a full human with rights. The same applies to rape. Even if the thought of keeping the baby is distasteful, she is required to do so because it would be murder to get rid of it. This is your decision, and you have the responsibility to not kill children. I hope that this gave you something to think about,

Posted by: ibla
  • A foetus is human, there is a human right to life, therefore a foetus has a right to life

A foetus is human be the fact that it has its own, unique, human DNA. It is accepted that life is a human right, and that it is wrong to negate one's human rights. Therefore, as abortion negates the foetus's right to life, it is wrong. I cannot see how any abortion advocates can ignore this logic.

• What if that fetus was you?

No, I am not religious.

No, I am not a homophobe.

Yes, I am female.

That doesn't mean I'm not against abortion.

I am against abortion because it's infanticide to me!

Sure, it may not have the mental capacity yet to know what's going on, but we were all fetuses once!

This life could be our next president!

No, I am not against women's rights.

Why would I EVER be against women's rights if I'm a woman?

I, with all my heart, wish there was a possibiltiy for a win-win situation for the mother and fetus. The fetus lives, and the mother doesn't go through any severe pain during the pregnancy and during labor.

• In Response to this...

If I put a 6 year old child in front of every single one of you and said that this child will be a burden to you and will cost you a lot of money and will cause you to cry uncontrollably, would you kill that child right there and then? 99% of you would say no, that is cruel and disgusting. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?!?!?! How can you kill an innocent child even if it will bring you pain? There is this sound monitor while getting an abortion and it shows the baby screaming in pain, crying for its mother, screeching for its life... And scientists and doctors call it a fetus... That's no tissue or A FETUS! That is a human being suffering... Just gasping for a breath of the world's air... This is the truth. Abortion is sick, and I am ashamed to live in a country that accepts it as a normal thing. This is murder. This isn't justified.

• There is no good case for abortion, except when a mother's life is in danger

All of the arguments on the YES side can be rebutted easily:
    1. I hope this is a joke
    2. A fetus isn't a baby, but neither is and adult. Does this mean that adults don't have rights? Baby is simply a stage in the life of a human. We don't value babies because they are babies; we value them because they are human.
    3. The Constitution states that the US government has a responsibility to protect the life of all Americans. If a homicide was committed, the murderer couldn't simple tell the government to stay out.
    4. I see. Just kill everyone in the world so we won't have wars. Then claim that conservatives only kill about lives, because they want soldiers, even though you have no proof.
    5. Liberals seem to have a belief that a baby isn't an undeveloped human, it is a part of the mother. I have no problem with a woman choosing to get her tonsils removed, however a fetus is not equivalent to a tonsil. The fetus is a human, just a human that hasn't gone through the process of being born yet. If you want to make your point valid, please explain how being born makes something human.
    6. I agree with you on the "threat to a mother's life," but the missing limbs seems close to eugenics.
    7. People are not against abortion because they disagree with it on a personal level. I don't think that women should have buzz-cuts, but I am not in favor of making it illegal. Abortions are special, because instead of being about hair, they are about a human life.
    8. I think this was meant to be in the NO side
    9. Women can't decide if a fetus is not human, in the same way that a plantation owner can't decide if a slave is subhuman. One can't just arbitrarily decide if someone is human or not. Later Hailey argues that abortions can help a woman. How about the baby? You can't just kill someone simply because it is convenient.

• Abortion is not what any decent human could agree to

Whenever I hear the word abortion, I want to cry and scream and yell. I feel rage, I feel pain, and I feel helpless frustration because I cannot save those babies.
    Do you know what abortion is? What it REALLY is?
    Abortion has been compared by experts to being like a shark attack in the womb. The babies are physically ripped to shreds. It is brutal. It is bloody. It is murder.
    How dare any human being argue that the mother has rights over that baby before it is born? How dare anyone with even a black, stone-cold heart suggest that the baby is a "problem"?!
    How did you get here? Were you aborted because your mother thought you were inconvenient? NO!! You are here because you are a treasured human being with a right to life. If you were murdered, someone would want a trial for the murderer, someone would want a funeral, someone would want to grieve.
    But if that baby is torn ruthlessly and mercilessly from inside its mother in the most horrible way possible, no one cares.
    That baby will never laugh, never smile, never cry. That baby will never make friends, never be hugged or kissed goodnight, and never be told "I love you". That baby will never be walked up the aisle, never have children of its own, and never have a chance to be anything more than an inconvenient scrap of tissue and blood that someone didn't care enough for to let it live.
    Because she didn't want it, that life is gone forever.
    Because the mother decided her life might be ruined, she tossed the baby away like a used tissue.
    That is why abortion is wrong.

• Abortion is the killing of an unborn child.

An organism is described as "An individual living thing that can react to stimuli, reproduce, grow, and maintain homeostasis. It can be a virus, bacterium, protist, fungus, plant or an animal." A species is described as "A group of living organisms consisting of similar individuals capable of exchanging genes or interbreeding." Thus, applying these two definitions, we can see that a fetus is in fact a living organism, and is in fact a member of the species H. Sapiens.
    Aborting an unborn fetus, therefore, is the killing of the individual, and thereby in direct violation of American law, and due to the existence of intent, should be considered murder in the first degree.