• Could have ended slavery with a war.

Every country but America ended slavery without a war. How come Lincoln didn't do that? President Lincoln also gave the Federal Government more power than the states. We must look at another side of Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln also gave us the income tax. He gave us the most unnecessary war in the United States of America's history.

• Jsksksksk iciicixixixi I i

Uxixjdjxjxjxjxjxjxjj j just he h h h g g uh I j I b in I h I h u h h uh h. Hi hi mom on on on on on on o non oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

• Jsksksksk iciicixixixi I i

• Lincoln was a racist warhawk who violated the constitution

Lincoln was largely racist. He shares many of his views on slavery with his idol Henry Clay, who was also a huge racist. Lincoln wanted to buy off slaves and send them back to their native land. Basically, he wanted blacks anywhere but America. The civil war was only to preserve the union. Lincoln used slavery to gain support for the war. If you look back at abolitionist writings during the war and pre-war, many abolitionists despised Lincoln. Also, Lincoln dismissed Habeas Corpus, had people executed for opposing his regime, and media sources shut down that spoke against him. Lincoln was a tyrant.

• Lincoln only wanted to keep the union intact

People always credit Lincoln for his strong conviction about slavery, but he actually did it for political reasons. Lincoln was losing the war at the moment and thought that freeing the many slaves in the south would cause them to revolt and take arms against their masters(Which it did). It was an astute political move, but it was all it was. Keeping the union intact and winning this war was what convinced Lincoln, and not strong convictions. Thus, Lincoln is clearly overrated.

• No he's not

Abraham Lincoln only had one term and got shot whIle he was attending the theater. Also, he helped free the slaves which is very generous and important to our history. Lastly, he was 6ft 4in which is very off topic but if you were thinking this made him over rated then you are 100% wrong.