• The date for adventism continues to be pushed forward.

The trouble with adventism is that there has to be a day. The day has to be within a reasonable timeframe that way the 'believers' can make it to that day. This gives the followers a goal, and meaning. The great disappointments that have followed the multiple sects of adventism keep re-interpreting the dates and nothing continues to happen. Some adventists have devised that the thing has happened, we just have yet to realize the implications of that event.

• Adventism In Crisis

I personally think that As a "remnant of the remnant", Seventh-day Adventism's early years were distinguished by the leadership of women, most prominently the visionary and prophet Ellen White. However, after 1915 the number of Adventist women in leadership began a dramatic and uninterrupted decline that was not challenged until the 1980s. Tracing the views of the church through its official and unofficial publications and through interviews with dozens of Adventist informants, Laura Vance reveals a significant shift around the turn of the century in women's roles advocated by the church: from active participation in the functioning, spiritual leadership, teaching, and evangelism of Adventism to an insistence on homemaking as a woman's sole proper vocation.

• Adventism was Never a Factor

Adventism was barely a factor among Christian sects as the minority religion never truly gained ground. Adventism is about to become extinct simply because young people didn't catch on to the religion like their parents or grandparents. It's not a crisis for the religion, it is simply a natural progression.

• People want authenticity.

No, Adventism is not in crisis, because young people are turning to religion more than ever before. Young people do not want gimmicks. They want an authentic religious experience that speaks to them. The Adventist movement with its enthusiasm is growing, not shrinking. The movement is anything but in crisis.

• No It's Not

I do not believe Adventism is in crisis. I believe many Christain churches are suffering from member loss but I believe a lot of people are joining mega-churches which are often non-denominational. I believe the Seventh Day Adventist churches are still fine where they have strong family followings. With secularization being more popular then even, churches will have to learn to cope with fewer members.