• It is counterproductive.

It's intent is admirable, to level out a playing field, but it's only causing more discrimination. Skin color should not be a factor in anything; just skill. Someone who worked hard for something should not be tossed to the side for someone that did not work as hard but was a minority. If they have the qualifications for that position/spot/etc., then they should be able to have it.

• For a good cause, but QUITE poor delivery

I STRONGLY believe that if you WANT something, you must GET it. Affirmative action GIVES some what they want, despite others CLEARLY being more qualified, and wanting it more. Affirmation action is a SEVERELY broken system, and must be scrapped. Black, White, or Rainbow, I don't want a lazy street person running Amazon or Apple. Also, if you believe in affirmative action, go ahead and tell me how DISCRIMINATING on skin color will stop DISCRIMINATION based on skin color. Wake up, America!

• Yes it is

Affirmative action is cruel, sexist and racist. Denying a white person and/or man a job or spot in a university that they worked hard for and giving it to a minority or women who did not work as hard them and does not deserve it as much is cruel, sexist and racist. People should be judged for things they can control like their work ethic and accomplishments, not their race or gender. As a women I find it annoying because people assume that I got somewhere based on AA when I did not, all the time. I would like to see a ban on AA on public universities.

• Truthfully, yes it is

Affirmative action was created to help the poor, and eliminate poverty, but how much of this has it done? The truth is, a handout is unsustainable, you give out 5,000$ that may help, but the bit that it does is done and it never helps anyone again, I think that ideas such as the Tennessee valley authority are effective, this is because it is not a handout, it produces electricity so it generates money, sustainable money, it will continue to flow money out.

• The intent was never good.

Politically correct does not equal "good." Affirmative action was only ever started as some sort of reparations for the supposed oppression that certain people have been enduring for the decades and centuries prior. So we are going to acknowledge the sinful actions of our wicked and racist past by instituting policies that promote, guess what, racism. Hiring someone specifically for the color of their skin is racism, not "affirmative action." Hiring someone specifically because of their gender is sexism, not "affirmative action." We claim to move forward in society by taking 10 gigantic leaps backwards on a pretty regular basis.

Don't take my opinions for it though, just look at that data. Is our poverty gap bigger or smaller than it was 40 years ago? Are we any less of a racist or sexist country than we were 40 years ago? And if we are, how did that happen? Shouldn't affirmative action have fixed all that? The truth is, we would all benefit by remembering some of the key principles we learned in kindergarten, namely: Two wrongs don't make a right.

• The intent was never good.

• It's simply discrimination by another name.

If I told a black man, that despite his education, and his overall better quality of experience, it doesn't matter because he is black and therefore inherently a worse candidate for a position at a job, that's discrimination. We are saying that a person's unchangeable traits and visible identifiers override their potential contributions.

If I tell a black man that despite his lack of education and his overall worse quality of experience, it doesn't matter because he's black and therefore gets the position at a job, that's discrimination. We are saying that a person's unchangeable traits and visible identifiers override their potential contributions.

Regardless of the suffering of you or your ancestors, equality of opportunity is what is just. Once you have that, it is your responsibility to compete.

That's not to say punishment for not providing equal opportunity should not be done. It should. Crushingly. Discrimination should never be tolerated. But Giving a leg up to people and placing quotas on labor only hurts business in the long run. You do not improve yourself in a race by cutting the legs off of your competition. You simply lower the bar, and hurt everyone better than you.

• Jews, Mexicans, Canadians, Jamaicans, Blacks in general, All of Europe, anyone that isn't white and I mean white white really anyone not 'merican are teribull.

That was a headline.....Whoops. So here we go That was a headline.....Whoops. So here we go "That was a headline.....Whoops. So here we go That was a headline.....Whoops. So here we go "That was a headline.....Whoops. So here we go That was a headline.....Whoops. So here we go That was a headline.....Whoops. So here we go "