• Modern day slavery

Work is modern slavery. Over 40 hours of your week is owned by your boss and most people hate their jobs. We don't need people working 9 to 5 their whole lives doing something they hate. Why do we need to work just to get things like food, water or shelter?

• Not ALL work is slavery, but 90%+ is for sure...

From the outset we're told to study hard and that one day we'll get good jobs and rewarded. But it turns out that if you study hard (the "right" things) you'll probably just get a "good" job that will likely take up all your time and leave you exhausted anyway. Or you can run your own business and probably have added stress from the risk you're taking. And what are the rewards anyway? We can buy shiny crap, get a bigger house, have more status and respect.... It's all BS imho. You start the workday with your alarm clock singing "GET UP, LOWLY SLAVE!!" Even if the day flies by it's still your limited existence ticking away and being rented out at a pittance. Now the workday has ended and you're barely able to string a coherent sentence together due to tiredness. Now you get to sit around in your big house feeling the weight of a day or, for most people on Fridays, a week on you with no energy to pursue your hobbies or with more difficulty than you would if you were truly free. I hate it. The only way I personally survive is by doing seasonal work and taking about 4-5 full months of the year off. During that time I'm a completely different person. I've also had a few years of my life where I didn't work more than 10 hours a week....My God, those were some of the happiest days I've had. I think I feel another one of those coming on.

• Yes, in a capitalist society

Money makes money, dog eats dog - the rich get richer at the expense
    of the poor. The net result is a skewed distribution of wealth and
    labor - the wealthy idle versus the hard - working poor.
    If that doesn't shout "Master and Servant" what does???
    There is no need for an economy based this way -
    Work can be arranged according to need using the internet.

• Yes it is

Either you work or you end up homeless on the street. One way or another money is needed to eat, survive and live. Through this need: slavery is created in society. Everyone becomes a slave to money: wasting their life at jobs they hate for a number in their bank account.

• Everything Controlled by Elites Worshiping Satan

We where never ment to work in the first place capitalisim is a disgusting sytem created and run by satan and must be stoped throw all the bankers and corporations out nothing but evil greedy fucks money needs to burn and dissapear for ever a resource based economy is the real deal

• Who's the slave?

I have felt like work is slavery for a long time. I work part time and/or seasonally so I get a lot of free time but at what cost. My husband goes to work every day so that I have my free time but then am I making him my slave? The dilemma... I am diabetic (type 2) so we need the health insurance for the meds to keep me alive. With no meds, I have about two years to live. How about that for a conundrum? If I have to work full time, I would rather go off my meds to be free in spite of the cost.

• Work is for slaves and overachievers.......And I'm neither

Nothing has changed since beginning of time, just like the Egyptians who had the Pharaoh with his 10 thousand slaves to build his pyramids, today we have the CEO's and their worker slaves. The few rich control the 95% of society and the rest of us are their slaves. I wasn't lucky enough to be an heir to a throne or a son of some multi billion dollar CEO, so I have to be a slave and go to work, day after day just so I can eat. It's too bad that we have to be slaves for the duration of our lives and they let us retire once we are too old and decrepit to perform their jobs. By then you are on your death bed taking 20 medication pills a day to live and are too invalid to actually travel or enjoy and live your life. It's a sad world we live in.

• Yes it is slavery

Just don't work and see what happens. There is no better way to kill ambition, drive and the human spirit then work. Today automation can free humans. Humans can aspire to greatness outside of the shackles of "work". Physical slavery requires people to be housed and fed. Economic slavery requires people to feed and house themselves.

• Yes it is slavery

• Yes it is slavery

• No, it's not.

No, I do not think that all work is slavery. Money can not just be given out for free, so people need to find ways to contribute to society. Hopefully, they can find something they love doing so that it doesn't seem quite like work. I don't think that most people would compare their jobs to slavery.

• Work is not slavery.

Work is to help people pay their bills, buy their food, and support their family. Slavery is forcing someone to work without pay and treating them poorly. Slavery was abolished many many years ago, and even though some people still treat people as slaves, it is NOT the working class.

• Not in America

Everyone must work. Whether you live in America, China, Russia, Afghanistan...Everyone must work to survive in this world. Does this mean we are slaves?

Not at all.

Slavery means you are indebted to someone, you have no choice where you work, or when you can leave. In this country, you are indebted to no one unless to choose to be (credit cards, home loans, etc...).

There is no law stating you are required to work, but you cannot survive without working. But the best part of it is you get to choose where you work, who you work for, and how much you get paid. No, you can't walk in to a hospital and demand they hire you on as a neurosurgeon, but if that is where you want you life to end up you have the ability to make it happen with hard work.

Oh, hard work? That's what this country in missing.

• Most Work Is Not Slavery

This question is settled simply be examining the definition of each term, “work” and “slavery.” Most work, as the word is generally understood today, does not fit the definition of slavery, which is involuntary servitude with little or no pay. Almost all work nowadays is for pay, and the people receiving the pay are free, at least theoretically, to leave their employer and seek a new job elsewhere. Inclusion of the word “all” in the question automatically elicits a negative response, by definition.

• How can you think it is?

No one is forcing you to work. If you hate your job just quit it you stupid fucks. I mean come on, how can you even thing that all work slavery? I'd like to quote an idiot who did not read the name of this debate. "If you love your job, then it's not slavery. But if you hate your job, then it is slavery."