• I think it is.

But pay me enough so that I can control other people with it and I will gladly change my answer to no. That way I would be free to do what I want while others had to do things for me. It's not like I wouldn't pay them as much as I could to to keep them here. As long as I could still get the upgraded options on my new car and was still under charge as a boss. So I don't see the big deal.

• Work for the things you hardly use

Spend all you time working your ass off rest of the time your not even awake and then the few hours you are that aren't spent at work you enjoy what work has earned you makes no sense to spend way more time working for something to not even spend half of that time enjoying it

• Work for the things you hardly use

• I feel like a slave right now... In this very moment

When I go to work I feel hollow on the inside and I want to kill myself. However I can't kill myself because I need to take care of my wife. I don't know what to do. I feel like the only crazy person who believes that work is slavery. Even my family thinks I'm crazy.
    The only time I'm ever happy is on sick days or vacation days, or holidays or days I make up an excuse to get out of work. These all add up to maybe 4 weeks a year of time that I actually get JUST FOR ME. The rest of the time it's working for the higher ups, fixing their computers and keeping their network running. I feel replaceable, so I have to work long, hard hours to keep my wage (which is why I work at all... My wage).
    I have suicidal thoughts on a regular basis, but I can't follow through because I can't put my family through the loss. I'm on autopilot, an empty shell of a man for 9 hours per day, 5 days per week.
    I can't even do normal things like get my car serviced or have a doctor's appointment because the mechanic and the doctor work 8-5 too, so how can I get anything done? Weekends. Weekends aren't free for me either because I have to do all my chores on the weekends.
    Is this life? It feels like slavery. I want to just grow my own food, chop down some trees to make my own house and enjoy being outside sometimes when the sun is actually out. But I go to work in the morning when it's dark and I hardly ever get to see the family that I love because I wasn't born with rich parents. I have to work for the money that I have, which is the money that pays the bills, the mortgage, the groceries and puts gas in the car. I don't get to keep any of my money.
    It's all totally screwed up.
    You can't tell me that I'm not a slave, because I feel like one.

• Work is slavery

If don't work you don't eat... I think that's messed up when food comes from the earth and we all inherited the earth so everyone living here should be able to eat without working a 9-5. I think we are brainwashed. We should live in a society that doesn't take you away from your family but we should live in one that promotes family and community. Furthermore more, we have enough resources and technology to feed and houses everyone. Imagine how great things good be if we could invest in our families like we are forces to do at work!

• It's not slavery, but only if the system suits you.

We've got a system in the US: Work, then die slowly in retirement.

Rather than seek meaningful activities with the non-renewable resource we know as time, most people work jobs where their time is dictated by other people, fulfilling task that are ultimately meaningless to said individual, so that they may acquire "money" - societal permission to eat, play, and find warmth and shelter. Because all of the land is owned by someone, you must live with this system, or face the consequences: denial of these three basic needs. The people who control this system dictate the people who live within its bounds, and they have decided that in order to acquire these essentials, you must work for someone who has the right to give permission to live, or in other words, has a lot of money.

Tl;dr: If you were lucky enough to either get rich enough to

• It certainly is

Because society is no longer agriculture based, but rather consumer based, we all need to choose a job even though most people probably have little to no interest in their job except for the money they make. Some people's jobs are more interesting and less laborious than others, but most people in any job would rather be vacationing than working. This is because we no longer work just enough to have food and basic things, plus even the cost of basic things has rise to the point of having to work sometimes every day of the week jus to afford anything. It's out of control, but logic would dictate that it can go on this way forever. Working in and of itself isn't bad, however, the little amount of respect that workers are given today from their bosses and the almost nonexistent purchasing power of the small amount they are paid equals an unhappy workforce.

• It certainly is

• The monetary system equals slavery

I'm forbidden from extracting resources from nature in order to sustain myself. By forbidding natural ways to sustain yourself (growing crops, hunting), I am forced into a monetary system controlled by the few. Other people dictate my hours and my life; I have no control over any of this and will die a worn out man. I'll be glad when it is over.

• Is All Work Slavery

Yes and no. Work is slavery in our current system. By this I mean that we do not have real freedom. We have the freedom (option is a better word) to choose between working a job or becoming homeless and hungry. However, this is not a choice at all for any rational individual. There is only one option and that is to work a job. From here we may have an option between employer (master is a better word) A or employer B. They are essentially the same though and because labor is a market, which the employer controls all power, they can pay you whatever they want. You have to take it or you starve.

True freedom is not the freedom TO do something. To be truly free we must have the freedom NOT to do something. To be truly free we would need to be able to decide to turn down a job, for any reason, and not risk bankruptcy or death. This is not currently an option in the American economic system, but it could be one day. If and when that day comes, work will become truly voluntary and will no longer be slavery.

• No, it's not.

No, I do not think that all work is slavery. Money can not just be given out for free, so people need to find ways to contribute to society. Hopefully, they can find something they love doing so that it doesn't seem quite like work. I don't think that most people would compare their jobs to slavery.

• Work is not slavery.

Work is to help people pay their bills, buy their food, and support their family. Slavery is forcing someone to work without pay and treating them poorly. Slavery was abolished many many years ago, and even though some people still treat people as slaves, it is NOT the working class.

• How can you think it is?

No one is forcing you to work. If you hate your job just quit it you stupid fucks. I mean come on, how can you even thing that all work slavery? I'd like to quote an idiot who did not read the name of this debate. "If you love your job, then it's not slavery. But if you hate your job, then it is slavery."

• Not in America

Everyone must work. Whether you live in America, China, Russia, Afghanistan...Everyone must work to survive in this world. Does this mean we are slaves?

Not at all.

Slavery means you are indebted to someone, you have no choice where you work, or when you can leave. In this country, you are indebted to no one unless to choose to be (credit cards, home loans, etc...).

There is no law stating you are required to work, but you cannot survive without working. But the best part of it is you get to choose where you work, who you work for, and how much you get paid. No, you can't walk in to a hospital and demand they hire you on as a neurosurgeon, but if that is where you want you life to end up you have the ability to make it happen with hard work.

Oh, hard work? That's what this country in missing.

• Most Work Is Not Slavery

This question is settled simply be examining the definition of each term, “work” and “slavery.” Most work, as the word is generally understood today, does not fit the definition of slavery, which is involuntary servitude with little or no pay. Almost all work nowadays is for pay, and the people receiving the pay are free, at least theoretically, to leave their employer and seek a new job elsewhere. Inclusion of the word “all” in the question automatically elicits a negative response, by definition.