• Learn some respect

America is the greatest country that ever existed and if you disagree then you can leave it. The fact that you have the freedom to disagree is proof. Until you move to another country, how about you learn to respect the land you live in and the people who have died to protect it for you.

• It has a Constitution

Which prevents attacks on the citizenry by the Government for saying things it may disapprove of. It prohibits big religious groups from taking over it's politics.

It isn't as good a country as it is made out to be sometimes, but it is still a country whose founding principles of freedom are still respected and deferred to above all else. For this reason alone it is a better country than most other places in the World where people are treated like slaves.

• I think so.

If you polled the world I'm sure we would be the #1 destination for where people would want to relocate. Yes we're not perfect but we're not a third world nation, we have every kind of climate (unlike say Norway), We are not overpopulated yet, our education could be better but not free-er to a child, we have the best emergency care in the world (admittedly crappy preventative care), we are nearly uninvadable at the moment (thanks to geography and a bloated "defense" budget), our economy could be better but it's still pretty darn good, and we attracted the smartest most brilliant minds in the world (usually).

OK this needs to be worked on we house 1/4 of all the inmates in the world, this is a shame because in China you can go to jail for telling the truth (Tienanmen Square). We are the #1 consumer of illicit drugs, so a lot of violence in Latin America is financed by our habits. Our dropout rate is shamefully high 20-30%. Yeah yeah we have weight issues. Everybody is in debt but we only get in trouble if we ever stop spending money we don't have. We have a lot of "functioning illiterates" in our populace and we suck at math according to world rankings of students. We actually have a lot of poor people, 1 out every 6 persons is on food stamps. We seem to have a bizarre problem with crazed gunmen every few months. True we have our flaws but the USA is the worlds greatest rags to riches story ever told.

Granted maybe Sweden or Japan can compete at being the best by some kind of formula and best could be determined on a case by case basis. However, neither Sweden or Japan can take refugees by the millions and give them the standard of living we can and do. I think being the only Superpower in the hemisphere gives us advantages not realistic any where else. Africa is unstable, I would not like to live in China or Russia or near them, sorry Asia and E. Europe and parts of the Middle East come to think about it. Europe is crowded, small, and until the last 60 years usually locked in war (not as true for E, Europe). I don't wat to be a neighbor of a country that has AL-kill-you operating in it so that's all the Middle East and much of Africa. Last but not least Latin America, Brazil would be nice but it's violent. Venezuela is chaotic and so is El Salvador. Mexico has had more Drug War casualties than Iraq has had in War War casualties. The Caribbean and Canada? Well let's just say the neighbor is kinda of a bully.

• Because it the first for a lot

The United States of America is the best country in the world because it is the most stable unified countries on earth. There are 50 states unified as the United States of America under one flag which is amazing considering the rest of the world like europe which isn't. I think the USA is the only superpower for a reason, because we the US are a mixture of everyone from every nation. There is no true americans because we all came from somewhere else, even natives. Overall the US is the greatest nation because we are in charge of a lot of things and have a good constitution that's not fake. We were the first to accept many things like all of the freedoms as well and most countries try to copy the US.

• Yes it is the best country to live in.

Since there are different weathers you can experience different weather change. Also it is a country with freedom. It also has good places to work. It also has a lot of good stores that you can buy from. There are a lot of safe homes to live inside of. It is truly the country to live in.

• Of course it is

Why is the question "Is America the best country in the world?" instead of "Is (any other country) the best country in the world?"? The reason is because nobody would even suggest that some other POS country could be the best. That, in and of itself, proves that America is indeed, the best country in the world!

• Yes it is the best country to live in

Since there are weather changes, you can experience different weather changes. Also it is a country with freedom. It also has great places to work. It also has many fun places to shop in.It also has safe homes to sleep in. It is surly the best country to live in

• Land Of The Free

First of all, in no other country around the world do you have as many rights as you do in the US because of the simple fact that the US is the greatest country of the face of the Earth. It is truly the one and only true land of oppourtunity.

• Best education ever

America has the best education ever! The teachers are well trained and many people travel here from all over the world in order to go to a college here which also shows that it has the best education in the world. So obviously, America is the best country in the world.

• I know america is the best nation eva!!!

I think it is I think it is the best country in the world,because it drive the development of human。I think it is the best country in the world,because it drive the development of human。I think it is the best country in the world,because it drive the development of human。I think it is the best country in the world,because it drive the development of human!

• Of course not

America is way to difficult to explain. The government systems and political systems are a mess. I think the education system is horrible. America is just over glorified. We may be a first world country but we have horrible crime rates, government, and the most genetically modified food I have ever seen. Healthcare is pretty good but the insurance policies are usually not.

• No, it's not.

People who say that it's the best country in the world are usually Americans who don't know anything about how the outside world. Most of the reasons given to support "Yes" can also be given to support that any well-developed country is the best country in the world. As for the rest of the arguments they are simply not true or exaggerated, or not really arguments at all.

USA is extremely politically and socially divided. There are ridiculous shooting sprees and frequent natural disasters. The government is more corrupted than in any European country. Food is unhealthy on so many levels. There is a huge gap between financial classes.

• I Don't Think So

I am an American, but there are many things we need to improve on in our country. Our tax law is overly complex, and our partisan politics has resulted in people voting based upon something being "Republican" or "Democratic", not on if the proposition would help our country. Our secularism is also in shambles (e.G. Many arguments against gay marriage being religion based). Other countries, like Switzerland, invest more in their people like in health care. We also need to spend less time occupying other countries and more time actually helping them.

• It claims to be a country of freedom, yet its one of the least free 1st world countries.

Banks and corporations run the government and control their citizens. The US dollar isn't backed by anything and its owned by a private bank. The NSA spies on everyone using terrorism as justification even when more people die from falling off their beds each year than terrorism. It kills hundreds and thousands of innocent people each year in 3rd world countries and calls them terrorists when they talk back.

America is NOT the best country in the world. Claiming it is just shows ignorance and selfishness.

• On what grounds?

America (I'm assuming North America/USA), has only been a superpower in the blink of an eye compared the the superpowers of old. Roman, Greek, and British Empires and others foreign countries have engraved USA's standing in the world. Without them, USA would just be a place for the native nomads. Only in the last two centuries have USA ever meant anything to the politics to the world. It's pre-21st century history doesn't really have any bearing on the rest of the world outside an independence proxy war.

Even with today's wealth and economy the USA is about to be overtaken as the no1 superpower in the world by China in less than a decade. That in itself, means nothing as no country in the world has built any longer standing monument than the great pyramids of Egypt still surviving today and tomorrows world. I'm not saying any other countries are best, but based upon their historic importance USA favourists ought not to ignore how everything USA was and is, because of the direct influence of great foreign superpowers of old and the foreign building blocks of society. Romans invented democracy, roads, sewers, ect Greeks advanced medical and sciences, China gunpowder, Britain heralded the Industrial Revolution, steam, and inventions of the Internet, Turing computer ect, and finally USA with it's modern steamrolling continuation of technology eg the PC, NASA, rockets, and almost all modern things we have today.

My point is, that many, many countries have a had input into the advancement of mankind. It's not one country to take sole credit for that. Being British myself, my land was home of barbarian settlers before the Romans conquered and civilized it. We would have been such a successful and prosperous nation without the invasion of the Romans. Likewise, the Romans learn so much off the Greeks and Egyptians before them. It is said, that all man descended from Africa some scientists believe.

• Quoted from Newsroom

There is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we're the greatest country in the world. We're 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, 3rd in median household income, number 4 in labor force and number 4 in exports. We lead the world in only three categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real and defense spending - where we spend more than the next 26 countries combined, 25 of whom are allies. Now, none of this is the fault of a 20-year-old college student, but you, nonetheless, are without a doubt a member of the worst period generation period ever period, so when you ask what makes us the greatest country in the world, I don't know what you're talking about!

• Right to bear arms. Really.

They say that where there are more guns, there is less crime. Whelp, if that's true, I don't think I want to live on this planet anymore. Not to mention poor health care. Why be forced to pay for a basic human need. We have the NHS, guys! Lighten up!

• America Just Average

I do not believe America is the best country in the world. I believe America is simply an average country and statistics tend to show that. America is not any more important or special than any other country on this planet. America does not have the right answers for everything.

• Its not the best, but it not the worst either

America is a really messed up country and isn't as good as say, Canada. Its arrogance level is really high and the debt is increasing because it chooses to spend its money on weapons "just in case" they might go to war again.
    But its also better there than it would be in Africa or some third-world country and they can at least breath there. But its not the best.

• American Exceptional.... Not great

The history of American, the so called 'factual and mythical' development has resulted in a country unlike any other in the world. The almost inverted Trotskyite combined development, the missing over of the feudal stage and beginning right at the liberal one have been the base for a truly unique Country. There is a reason why 'American Exceptionalism' is a coined Sociological term. However while these aspects make it different to almost all other countries, exceptional is not unique and the US suffers from the same fallibility as other countries....Just in a different way

zackoftrades333 says2016-09-10T06:54:57.357
The reasoning for the yes votes would give me cancer if that were possible.
zackoftrades333 says2016-09-10T19:52:15.737
The supporting arguments for the yes side are so weak and lacking in intellect, I feel like somebody gave me a lobotomy. Patriotism without reason is stupid, our education system is terrible, plenty of other places let you own guns, and there are places that definitely be argued as more "free" (even though that, along with the notion that there is a "best country in the world" is pretty subjective. That is why you don't see anybody else arguing they are the best country, because there isn't a such thing really).
zackoftrades333 says2016-09-10T19:53:07.890
Can be arugued*
zackoftrades333 says2016-09-10T19:53:23.693
Can be arugued*