• They are the most open, and least racist.

It's entirely subjective. However, I think that the United States is the least racist country in the world, and that it is the most open society. That is why more Africans moved here since slavery voluntarily than were ever sent here as slaves. The United States is also a country where seven of the eight most powerful celebrities, according to Forbes, are African-American. That’s an amazing statistic — one also not indicative of a virulently racist society.

• Yes the USA is

I know many people wont believe it but yes we are. The country cannot be called racist because then you are implying that every single person is racist which is not true. Some individuals in society may be racist but society as a whole is not and this could be said for every country around the world. Except that's not why we are the least racist country in the world the reason is the freedoms we are given. The constitution has given everyone equal rights to everyone under law. The way the constitution has developed in this sense is the Civil War. The USA was the first nation to fight for abolition of slavery this abolition movement created the republican party to fight the southern democrats so that black and white slaves may be free. The USA was the first country to have men fight and die with their brothers to end slavery and create a more free country how does that make us a racist nation many countries today still have slavery and we are the most racist. We also have religious freedom unlike other countries which means that society wont look down upon your choice of faith or no faith. Again individuals might but society as a whole will not.

• Completely, Utterly and Obviously Not...

America has long, hostile and violent history when it comes to race relations and although slowly improving the USA is still hugely behind swathes of countries when it comes to race relations. With regular racism and discrimination, ranging from belligerent attacks on all different races to workplace discrimination of ethnic minorities. America has a long, long way to go!

• I love this country... It is my home but....

America has a had a long and still on going picture of ugly racism. In 2012 alone, there have been almost 4,000 cases of racially motivated deaths. Thats just one statistic. No matter how much anyone can love this amazing country, it is irresponsible to call the U.S the least racist country.

Posted by: Pjay
  • Awesome country but...

I love living and supporting the U.S.A. in everything they do, but we have a lot way to go until we are egalitarian as other countries. Look at the GII (Gender Inequality Index) for example! Racism deals with more than literal race; racism affects all groups of peoples. We just got same-sex marriage just last month so we obviously have some time!

• Awesome country but...

• C'mon, man....... .

There are 196 countries in the world now. What are the odds that the U.S. would be the least racist, first of all? All other things being equal, just a hair above 0.5%, eh?

And they are not equal. When we have Canada, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina in the world, then the U.S. is going to be at least fairly well down the list.

• Not least racist but close.

I'm on the NO side but only because the question was poorly worded.

ClEARLY the USA is by every measure one of the least racist countries by far. BUT I'm from Canada, and we our countries are extremely similar (despite the beliefs of many of my countrymen), but their just simply wrong. The 7 billion other people on the planet by and large would be completely unable to distinguish the United States from Canada (obviously I mean without the different flags and money...). MAYBE some Canadians and some Americans might suspect they were in a different country (if you transported one to a random North American city as an experiment-again without the flags and money. But I'm from Calgar, Alberta - much of my family on my dads side are from North Dakota simply because my grandfather (or maybe great grandpa), was doing quite bit of business with some North Dakotans and he met a woman down there and brought her home!). For example if you did that experiment and transported some random Albetans to North Dakota then to Newfoundland, they are FAR more likely to guess if given a choice between the two that North Dakota is the same country rather than Newfoundland.

But anyway, USA is definitely one of the least racist, but Canada is even less. I think a reasonable argument could be made that it goes #1 Canada and #2'USA. I can't think of any other countries even close in fact.

• US is unfortunately very racist.

The US is unfortunately very racist; however, people try to be politically correct. Due to this behavior of having to have correctness all the time the custom here is to not show our racism as blatantly open as other places do. It is imperative to note that most citizens believe American should be while and Christian.

• Sadly, it is not the least racist country.

From our recent election, we can see how divided our great country still remains. With president-elect trump and his vile speeches many hate groups have been on the rise within the last year. I think the feeling of hate and racism have been there all along but we thought we were better off than what we apparently are. There have been a lot of people, US citizens, that have been claiming lately that the USA should be White and Christian. I didn't know so many people still felt this way until now. It is sad..I am truly sad for my country.

• Seriously? That’s a question?

America is practically know for their murder rate being mostly towards black/Asian (etc.) people. I hate that America is this way, but it's unfortunately true. For all the people saying that America is the “least racist” country— have you no eyes? In my opinion, America is practically the most racist country. I’d say it falls right beneath China, although they are nearly tied.

• Is this a joke?

In the Western world the US has got to be the most primitive in it's racial outlook. Speaking as a European, it's fair to say that Europe is not completely devoid of racism by any means, but the US is really something. It's hard to believe segregation was only abolished in the 1960s and, let's be honest, has much really changed since then? Does the fact that practically everyday a black person is being murdered by the police not show how horribly institutionally racist (at least) the country is? I don't know what the least racist country is but I definitely know it's not America.