Is American cultural imperialism bad for countries around the world?

Asked by: kchaplin
  • We Need to Keep to our selves

America is always in others business we just need to stay within our own boundaries. We have enough resource's and land that we don't have to try and take over another peoples land. We also don't need to be a bunch of Nazis over the world or the world police like bruh

• Cultural Imperialism: Putting the 'Di' In Diversity

America has a lot of benefits; we are a democracy, have freedom of religion, and are technologically advanced. But there are also a lot of negatives about America. When people think of our country, they only think of 'how rich and powerful we are'. And this is intriguing to them. If we are this 'rich and powerful', then shouldn't taking part of our culture make them just as successful? No. Taking an important part of another countries culture that you think has made them a more powerful country will get your country nowhere. Actually, it could deteriorate your country. It's like taking a basketball from a pro basketball player. You may believe you're going to win; I mean, you have a major role of their success. But it actually depends on you, and if you alone can make the shot. Same with taking a role of culture from another country. It may seem like you'll make it just as big, but in the end it's about your own countries ability to succeed in its own way.

• Yes, American culture is not better than others.

Yes, American cultural imperialism is bad for countries around the world, because there are other countries whose cultures are better than American. Particularly with the issue of the way teens and young women act and behave sexually, other countries should not have this forced upon them. Young American women should be more modest.

• American Cultural Imperialism Destorys Other Cultures.

When countries start basing their system off the American way, it starts to destroy the foundations that have made their own country great. Now, it's not bad for every country. Some countries do need change. But diversity is what makes the world great. Borrowing from all systems to create a perfect system would be the ideal way, but we can't ensure that's going to happen.

• Of course its bad.

I think it is bad because not only are we then trying to be in charge of more land that would just take more work and ore we have to worry about protecting but everyone has their own beliefs and does there own thing, if someone takes over a country then it takes away all of the unique things about that country and people and there gone, its not right. Not everyone needs to be the same. All countries have their each individual things. Yes America is a free country but so are lots of other countries now, we know how bad we wanted to be free in the very beginning when we had t fight for our freedom against the Europeans, so why would we take that way from someone else? We shouldn't!

• Each Country is Unique

America doesn't need to extend its reach any farther than it already has. Uniqueness and individuality in countries are what make them each wonderful and amazing. If every country was like America, we wouldn't need to be separated into individual countries because we would all be the same thing. I think that each country needs to retain its own culture and identity and that America needs to stop enforcing theirs down other countries throats.

• I am not really convinced

One way or the other but I do see were every one is coming from. I think other countries should pick and choose which American cultural adaptions they want, and they should do just that adapt them to there own benefit I believe whole heartedly that free speech is a wonder full commodity that should not be taken lightly because a lot of places dot have free speech or free religion but, every thing has a cost. The world economy could fall under for a few years if communism stops, but I feel that eventually things could even out. And the right to earn ones own money could and probably will make humanity more humble over all. It could leading to less violence but the world is incredibly unlikely to change in the next thousand years. ,and if history has taught us any thing its that humanity is damned.

• Hurts Other Countries

​Imperialism involves taking over land for your own benefit. This creates a lack of diversity in the world. Land taken away impairs relations between other countries. ​What we need is to keep connections with other nations healthy, not damage them. Work together, not against one another. That's what we need to do.

• I agree and disagree but had to pick 1

I think its not okay just because we are pushing our culture on other places that might not want nothing to do with what we think or do but when it comes to things like putting fast food in there place or sell brands like coco cola because why cut off things they may like

• Is American cultural imperialism bad for countries around the world?

We all saw what the British tried to do with their imperial empire. They exhausted resources, politically changed countries for the worse, caused wars and set up unfair trade treaties. Slavery, and mass deaths of countries populations dead because they were greedy. America may go at the world a nicer way of imperialism but inevitably there will be someone or something that will cause the countries to get mad and revolt against US. Why change a system that a country has that seems to be working to our cultural ways. I say let them be and let that countries culture flourish for what it is.

• Nah, we're rocking 13 bars and 50 stars.

American imperialism in my opinion has been proven to help more than burden other countries. I see it as other countries needing help and the U.S> stepping in and helping them out. We're blessed with wealth and a powerful military, so why not use it to help more than just us?

• I am not really convinced

• Sorry, but life sucks

Life sucks and it's full of disappointments. Get over it. And apparently there is a required amount of words that I need before I can submit this. The same goes for the supporting headline. I only need 13 more words needed. Scratch that, I need five more words. Never mind, I don't need any more words except for the supporting headline.

• American cultural imperialism is bad for countries around the world.

American culture being forced on others is wrong, are way of live is different and some might say its better. Who are we to decided on which way of life is better, Japan stayed independent from us and look they are one of the leading nations in the world! They did it all by themselves and came out on top, also building a more stable and reliable economy then the United States.