Is an intervention in order for children who watch too much television?

• An intervention is in order for children who watch too much television.

An intervention is in order for children who watch too much television. I know of a child who is nine years old and when she is refused to watch television she will go into fits. After a few hours of watching, she does not want to move or do anything physical. This is just wrong and it is up to the parents to deter watching too much.

• Interventions for Excess Television

Some children really do need an intervention because they watch too much television. With that in mind, kids can get addicted to the screens in their home, which is a huge problem. Any parent that lets their child continue on this path isn't fit to be a parent because they're fostering that addiction.

• An intervention is in order for children who watch too much television

If someone frequently watches too much TV, it can be as bad as an addition. Sometimes, an intervention is necessary in order to help a loved one. It's important to find the central reason why someone is escaping from the real world, whether they are watching TV or using drugs.

• Kids need to go play outside, or study.

Children need to spend time studying or playing outside. Watching too much TV can lead to childhood obesity and struggling education rates. TV is a great babysitter for the children, but too much of it, like anything else, is a bad thing. If you take one hour of television time into something productive, imagine how much more beneficial it would be to the kid.

Posted by: TickoNest
  • Yes, an intervention is necessary for some children who watch too much television, because television can often be detrimental to children.

I grew up across the street from five children who were required to play outside until the street lights went on before dinner, unless it was pouring rain. I felt sorry for them, because I frequently hid inside with a book, if I wasn't outside playing. Today, I think maybe I was wrong. I know they spent enough time outside playing, as a child. Television is a passive, sedentary activity that can suck your life away from you, if you let it, and children have no other preventative than a parent. Few of them are old enough to know enough self-restraint.

Posted by: SuccinctDerek96
  • Of course, there should be an intervention when a child is not behaving in their own best interests.

The purpose of parents and guardians is to intervene whenever it is necessary for the welfare of a child. Be it too much television, video gaming, sweets, or not doing homework, a parent or guardian must always be ready to step up to the plate and act in the child's best interests.

Posted by: MarsBIue
  • Parents Are In Control

I see interventions as a way to stop an adult from continuing behaviors that they ultimately make a decision about, on a daily basis. Children are children. If there is an issue with a child watching too much television then the parents should use their authority to curb that use.

• No intervention, just better parenting

I don't think that parents need to throw an intervention on their children for watching too much television. I think that parents should instead intervene on themselves and really ask the question as to why they are allowing their kids to behave in such a way as to harm themselves.

• Not an intervention

No intervention is not needed if children watch too much television. If the child is still active and leading a normal life they should be free to watch television. If it is affecting the rest of their life then they should be limited to what they can watch on a daily basis.

• NOPE not at all

Kids that enjoy television still play outside and study but they enjoy TV in their free time. Some kids enjoy very intelligent shows such as jeopardy, how its made, the news, etc. And not all television is bad for children most of them are just for their entertainment. And it definitely does not cause obesity. Television does not feed your children, you do. I don't think it's a problem.

• not at all

kids that enjoy television still play outside and study but they enjoy TV in their free time. some kids enjoy very intelligent shows such as jeopardy, how its made, the news, etc. and not all television is bad for children most of them are just for their entertainment. And it definitely does not cause obesity. Television does not feed your children, you do. i don't think it's a problem.