• Poop Poop Poop

Pets going through this? What's the difference between a tested dog and your PET dog?! Yeah

64% Say No

I dont think "good" is a adequate adjective to qualify it but still yes First of all I think a lot of people dont understand the term animal testing in its entirety. Observational, behavioural and field studies also belong to animal testing. And if you refer to animal testing in preclinical studies you should know that it has saved millions of human lives. The problem with this debate is that it is very emotionally driven... If some people show you horribly deformed rats and tell you that is animal testing any people that loves animal will be persuaded. Animal testing can be cruel, but you also have to understand how it works. Every animal study has to be accepted by a ethic comittee that is composed of doctors, vets, scientists and members of animal protection organizations. There are also very strict laws further restricting animal testing, and if a research group does not support these guidelines they can be excluded from animal testing. I myself am a scientist, I do not work in lab that uses an animal model, since in my research an animal model would be helpful. I also think that animal testing could be greatly reduced for example in the cosmetic industry and in medical research which do not absolutley need an in vivo model... Alternatives to animal testing are currently available and some new alternatives are under development. BUT, now comes the BUT. In diseases such as artherio vascular diseases, which affect a lot of people, an in vivo model is still needed. You canot makesynthetic blood vessels or use tissue cultures or even computer simulation... And it is simply to dangerous to test this kind of research in humans for the first time and also nobody would apply for such a study...
    In summary: Unfortunately animal testing for preclinical studies is often unavoidable but the research community is working on alternatives. Animal testing and cruelity against animals could reduced in the cosmetic industry ad in some research fields... Try to objective and also try to understand why some people have other opinions... If you just say no to animals rights because some hippy showed you a picture of a mutilated monkey you re just as naive as somebody who falls for racist stereotypes..

Posted by: StrychNine
    Report Post

Like ReplyChallenge

0

0

Yes,

Animal Testing is Good Animal Testing can save lives. Animals are helping cancer right now by Medical Testing. Animals are in labs helping cancer. We need information to make progress against the disease so we are using animals to help us find animals react differently to testing,which they do, if you caught an animal and tested it they would be scared and

• I dont think "good" is a adequate adjective to qualify it but still yes

First of all I think a lot of people dont understand the term animal testing in its entirety. Observational, behavioural and field studies also belong to animal testing. And if you refer to animal testing in preclinical studies you should know that it has saved millions of human lives. The problem with this debate is that it is very emotionally driven... If some people show you horribly deformed rats and tell you that is animal testing any people that loves animal will be persuaded. Animal testing can be cruel, but you also have to understand how it works. Every animal study has to be accepted by a ethic comittee that is composed of doctors, vets, scientists and members of animal protection organizations. There are also very strict laws further restricting animal testing, and if a research group does not support these guidelines they can be excluded from animal testing. I myself am a scientist, I do not work in lab that uses an animal model, since in my research an animal model would be helpful. I also think that animal testing could be greatly reduced for example in the cosmetic industry and in medical research which do not absolutley need an in vivo model... Alternatives to animal testing are currently available and some new alternatives are under development. BUT, now comes the BUT. In diseases such as artherio vascular diseases, which affect a lot of people, an in vivo model is still needed. You canot makesynthetic blood vessels or use tissue cultures or even computer simulation... And it is simply to dangerous to test this kind of research in humans for the first time and also nobody would apply for such a study...

• Yes, animal testing is mostly good.

For us, animal testing is a great way to determine if a product is too dangerous for us to use. It may be harmful to the animals that are tested, but this is sometimes necessary. There are not many other options to test certain products. Overall I think animal testing is good.

• It Is A Necessary Evil

Animal testing has helped us to develop vaccines, antibiotics, anaesthetics, surgical procedures and enhanced our anatomical knowledge hugely. These products of animal testing have saved and/or improved millions, if not billions, of human lives. Without these, many people would have suffered a lot more than they do now and the majority see it that a human’s suffering is more important than one of an animal as we are the superior organism.

• Animal Testing is Good

Animal Testing can save lives. Animals are helping cancer right now by Medical Testing. Animals are in labs helping cancer. We need information to make progress against the disease so we are using animals to help us find that information to fight against cancer. Animal Testing saved over millions of lives over the past years. Animal Testing is a lifesaver. If 5 thousand animals help 1 child with a rare disease then it’s worth it.

• Find another way!

Animals were not made to be tested on especially when it fails! For goodness sake if your gonna test things on animals at least make it on the ones your gonna fry up later. Like cows and pigs or whatever even find a way to use fish or insects. No more Rabbits or monkeys! Leave them alone

• Stop animal testing

Animal testing is so unreliable! Using animals as models provides inaccurate information. People can also respond differently to medication, so other species may respond differently as well. Furthermore, some medication may not apply to humans. Animals are being treated like objects. Overall, animal testing is horrible and should be banned.

• Stop animal testing

Some people say that animals react differently to testing,which they do, if you caught an animal and tested it they would be scared and/or stressed so if it came out ok on an animal it might not be ok for a human. I love donuts and bubble gum and chocolate. Anyway back to topic, animals are cute and adorable living creatures..
    I love oranges and strawberrys

• Stop animal testing

I love oranges and strawberrys

• Heck no okay

Animals are people too and they diserve to live and i live animals and i just won one today and now i feel sad but like i said they are people too and we should be sad for them okay okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Okay fine bye yeah okay bye yes yes yeah bye okay cool

• It is abusive

Animal experimentation is horrifying for the animals that experiance it. Many say that it is nessesary to cure illnesses. Nowadays, with our advanced technology, we have several alternatives that work that can replace animal testing. Animal testing has not had as many wonderful breakthroughs as you think. So, animal testing is awful, and completely unessesary.

• Would you like it!!!!!

If we do to animals why not do it to humans to because it's not fair for the animals to go though pain just because they were made animals humans should be tested on to make up what we did to the poor help less animals humans have tested on what makes them so different from us.

• They have feelings!

Just because they aren't human doesnt mean they can't feel it! There ARE other ways to test products! Would you want your pets going through this? What's the difference between a tested dog and your PET dog?! Yeah. Don't be for this. Be against it. Animal rights all around the world.