Is anti-Muslim discrimination stronger than discrimination against other minorities in America?

• Yes they are

Major efforts have been made to combat discrimination against blacks and women in America, but Muslims are one of two main groups being discriminated against these days, the other being the Hispanic. American actions in the mideast in conjunction with terrorist attacks have made Muslims out to be bad guys that can't be trusted.

• Muslims now are officially the most discriminated minority in America.

As a Muslim American, I go through daily discrimination that no one can possibly fully understand until they've walked in a "muslim's shoes". To make matters worse, I wear a hijab (headcover) and live in the south. When I speak about some incidents that have happened to me, people would say to "well, take your hijab off!", but honestly, that is the most maddening thing anyone can to say to me! This is a free country and I am supposed to be able to practice the way I want, not to conform my lifestyle and beliefs into ones that islamophobes would approve of.

• Yes,right now it is

There is of course going to be tension after all America went through. Its hard to feel safe when certain religious people are so easily identified. If you looked back 60 years ago, African Americans had their turn for persecution, we always just find a person to blame its human nature.

• This seems to be the recent trend

• No, I don't think anti-Muslim discrimination is stronger than discrimination against other minorities in America.

I believe that most Americans recognize that the majority of Muslims in America are peaceful and respectful people, only a small amount of people discriminate against them openly, I don't see Muslims being targeted more then any other minority in America, there are several other groups that are much more openly discriminated again right now.

• No, antil-Muslim discrimination is just as prevalent as any other culture based discrimination.

No, anti-Muslim discrimination is purely a geographical occurrence. Where there is anti-Muslim discrimination in one place, there is an equal discrimination upon another culture. Even within the same city, many cultures could be discriminated on all depending on where you go, what shops you go to, where you go to eat.

• People know they're a minority.

No, anti-Muslim discrimination is not stronger than discrimination against other minorities in America, because most people know that the Muslims that are terrorists represent only a small part of the Muslim community. We know that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful. Every race has some people who are prejudiced against it.