• Yes, Japan has been influenced by anti-Semitic ideology.

Since Japan has an obscure Jewish population within the country, it originally had little to no natural anti-Semitism . However, prominent figures like Ryuichi Hirokawa have supported the views of academics like Noam Chomsky, who believes that Israel is the root of all evil in the Middle East. Hirokawa's opinions have been widespread and have influenced a large number of Japanese citizens, and a culture of anti-Semitism has emerged.

• Remember, they sided with Italy and Germany in WWII

They don't like Jews, and they don't like Germanics who they call "barbarians." It's a lot of the hatred from when the Scottish tried to threaten them with conquest, via the British Empire. So yeah, that's why they dislike them a lot. So yeah, there you have it Japan is anti-semitic.

• Japanese are defective on race and religion issues.

Anti-Semitism is a problem with Japan. And like many other problems in Japan when it comes to race, religion, or anything else different from the norm in that country, they will deny it forever. I think the recent destructions of the Anne Frank documents in that country demonstrate that they have a bit of mental illness when it comes to Jews.

• It Must Be

With the destruction of a slew of Anne Frank's books throughout Tokyo, I think there is a clear problem with anti-Semitism in Japan. There are some people in this area of the world that doubt the reality of the Holocaust and I think that is troubling. Hopefully their society will be able to fix these problems in the future.

• Yes it is.

Japan has little racial diversity. I am sure that they are not much different than they were when all they had ever seen was Asian people. They have their own ingrained customs and do not like the peoples of far away lands. They would hate any kind of white person especially a Jew.

• I don't think so.

I really don't think that anti-Semitism is a problem in Japan. Although it might be. I don't think it is because there aren't that many Jewish people in Japan. I also think that Japanese people, in general, are pretty tolerant of people different from themselves. But I could be wrong.

ZMowlcher says2014-03-01T20:23:41.487
Japan is xenophobic. They REALLY don't like foreigners.