• Anti-semitism is racism.

Anti-semitism is racism. It is no different than any other form of racism. It is prejudicial thoughts and actions toward a specific group of people based solely on their religion or color of their skin. Some people that have anti-semitism do not even know if the group they are prejudiced against, are racially jewish or religiously jewish.

• Is this a real question?

The definition of racism should not be added here. However, let's review: racism is an offense of hate-speech, threats, and other issues relating to power and control over easily identified religious, ethnic, gender and sexuality based people and groups. The very fact this question is raised is troubling. On the other hand, educate yourself.

• Yes, anti-semitism should be considered racism.

There are many reasons that the act of anti-semitism, the discrimination against the Jews, should be considered a form of racism.
    First, there are objective reasons to back this claim. A big reason is that most Jewish individuals are literally of Jewish blood. It's not just a religion, they're actual descendants of Jewish families. In order for a person to be a Jew, at least officially, his or her mother must be Jewish. The father can be whatever race or religion, but a mother who is Jewish will always give birth to a Jewish child. It is very difficult for a person who is not born from a Jewish Mother to truly be accepted into Judaism. And as for the most conservative groups like Orthodox Judaism, it's nearly impossible.

Also objectively speaking, many Jewish individuals physically look similar and have similar last names: many males have naturally curly dark brown or black hair; a lot of names are similar too, like Weinstein, Goldstein, Weinberger , Spielberg, etc.

Finally, from a subjective standpoint, I believe that any form of discrimination against a group of people should be considered a bad thing. I can't say that a Jury or Judge could convict an individual for being anti-semitic, but I do support the notion that Jewish individuals should be treated with respect. And I do again mention that Jewish people are quite often literally Jewish by family standards.

• It is hate based on birth.

Yes, anti-semitism is racism, because it is hating a person based on characteristics that they cannot help. A person cannot help that they are born Jewish. That is no different than being born white or black or purple. Anti-semitism is racism, because it is a way to hate someone based on an arbitrary characteristic.

• It's the very definition

Anti-semitism is a specific form of racism, but it is racism regardless. The argument that it is not comes with the suggestion that the Jewish people are not a race or ethnicity and simply a religion, making anti-semitism a more specific form of bigotry, but since anti-semitism even crosses over to non-practicing Jews, racism seems as accurate a term as any.

• Absolutely it is

Jews are definitely a defined group of people of a certain race or ethnicity and beliefs, so being anti semitic seems to be clearly racism. I don't think anyone would claim Hitler was not a racist, and he is history's quintessential example of anti-semitism. This should not even be in doubt.

• Judaism is a religion

While another ugly form of prejudice, as a religion, one simply cannot label antisemitism as racist. DNA samples of Palestinians and long time indigenous residents of Israel (pre-'47 and beyond) have no genetic differentiation. Judaism is one of the three monotheistic religions (Christianity and Islam being the others). No Christian fundamentalist would complain of racism if someone insulted Christianity (they'd be angry, sure, but never would use this word).

• Anti Semitic sentiments are a very ugly form of prejudice and discrimination but it is not racism.

Racism is an economic construct which is a bi-product of Slavery or similar systems. Racism implies the ability of one dominant group of a particular race having the power to retard, prevent and cause the suppression of economic prosperity, cultural recognition and integration of another racial group because of their race. Jewish persons though ethnicely separate still are part of the dominant racial group and have unfettered access to the the economic means to ensure or enable economic prosperty. Prejudice can occur but racism goes beyond this.

• Judaism is a religion. Not a race.

I could become a jew tomorrow. If I choose to join the religion. I notice that to be anti- israel also seems to attract shouts of anti-semitism. Israel commit atrocious war crimes and murder thousands of Palestinians. They deserve criticism but hide behind the race/anti-semitism card. Be careful not to allow israel to get away with their actions by being too scared to upset some religious twits. I support Ken and despise the israeli propaganda machine.

• Can I marry an Asian and become Asian by converting to Asianism?

Of course not, case closed. I have wondered iif organized religion might be a creation of the Devil. The god I know would never want such horrible things to be done in his name as organized religion has, including the Jews. So my dislike of all religion applies to Jewish people the same as Muslims and Christians. On the other hand I am against any form of discrimination based on skin color. Only the actions of peolpe is worth condemnation.

• Anti-semitism is not racism (usually).

To be "racially Jewish" would mean you primarily descend from the biblical Israelites - this is impossible nowadays because the Israelites were such a small group. However, while the "Jewish race" doesn't exist, Semitic people do. Semitic people are ethnically Middle Eastern or African, but most of these people do not practice Judaism.

Therefore there are few people who are both religiously Jewish and ethnically Jewish. By and large - antisemitism stems from Judeo-Christian conflict. It is simply Judaist religious persecution - or persecution based on family ties to Judaism. It has almost nothing to do with race nowadays.

• In reality anti-Semitism is a stupid word

Judaism has never been a race. On the other hand... What people call "anti-Semitism" is really anti-Judaism. This is why I say Americans are so ignorant on terms. If you wanna know which countries are the most Zionist look no further than the Nordic countries and Great Britain. That's besides the point though. Real anti-Semitic racism would be racism against the Arabs, if we are talking technically. Most Jews throughout history in some cases were Nordic themselves.