• God will always give you an out.

God will force no man to heaven. He has given you your own agency to believe in what you will. For those with, as the bible puts it, "Eyes to see and ears to hear," well, there is more than enough proof, however, God is not going to force you to believe. You can see miracles and His hand in your life, or you can ignore it and call those miracles something else. He always gives you an out, He doesn't force anyone to believe anything.

• God will always give you an out.

• Gods are a reality in a sense.

There are many different definitions of what constitutes a God. The stereotypical image of an old man in a chair in the sky is most certainly unreal, but at the same time one of the least common conceptions of God.

God is most commonly conceived as a spiritual thing - not human at all. In that sense, God can be an aspect of the human spirit. And if it does turn out, as quantum theory suggests, that everything in Nature is connected, God could be defined as that connection.

Another definition of God is that which creates. Any intelligent force found to be responsible for life on Earth would have to be regarded as God. Even if we find out life here was started by alien scientists, they would still have to be looked on as the creators, and therefore gods.

Another idea of God is Nature. Everyone acknowledges the existence of Nature as a thing that exists. It is conceived to be an undefinable sphere of reality in which the laws of Nature function. You can't really have science without it.

In various religions this sphere of natural law is exactly what they refer to when they use the word God, or whatever other word they use for their deity.

So, the question of whether there are Gods. Or spiritual forces operating beyond our ability to perceive them, depends greatly on how limited is your conception of what a God might be.

If we concede the possibility that a God could be something scientifically measurable that instigates and controls creation in a scientific manner, then I think the likelihood of a God isn't in any way ruled out by our current state of scientific awareness. So I can't in any good conscience sit here and say there is no such thing as a God.

I certainly don't believe anything in Nature happens without cause and effect. The genetic code and the system that reads it to produce such advantageous results doesn't seem like something that can just happen. So assuming it just happened, and that it goes about its business without any kind of supervision, is not any kind of conclusion I would come to on my own, and the people who want me to accept that haven't provided any satisfactory proof that such a thing is possible.

So I'm inclined to think somebody developed and wrote that code. And if ever we should determine that something intelligent wrote that code, that something is God.

We might not like it. God might turn out to be not all we imagine him to be. It doesn't logically follow that whoever created the code of life is immortal or omnipotent. It certainly doesn't follow that it's in any way human.

A God might be something so horrible to us that me might scream "Kill it!" if we ever saw one. So I guess the next logical question would be, "Are we sure we really want to know?"

• I believe in God, but not Chrsitianity

I'm a Deist, which means I believe in God, but not Christianity. For me, when I look at the universe, the amount of order and structure seems to me that something must have created it purposefully.

I also believe that cause and effect leads to God. All things must have cause, so the very first cause must have been above cause and effect. I believe God is the first cause.

I don't believe in the rather idiotic and cruel Christian God Jehovah though.

• To those who believe.

Although there is no evidence of there truly being god(s), to those who believe, these figures are just as real as anyone walking around. Christians believe that God is real, just as Wiccans believe that their gods are real. No one can persuade them otherwise. It is their beliefs and what helps them to get through their days. When a Christian loses a loved one, they want to believe that that person is not suffering and is a better place. They want to believe that their God took their loved one for a reason and so they believe that this God is indeed real.

• God is real!

There have been man reported cases of miracles. One of them is Eucharistic miracles. There have been people who try to destroy a consecrated host and it turned into real flesh. Scientists have studied the host and they have concluded that all have the same DNA. So how could god not be real. You people are crazy for not believing.

• YES there is a God!

Yes, of course there is a God. God is real in my opinion. To start off, let's take a glance back to the past; the beginning of time and the universe. Some scientists agree with the Big Bang Theory but in the Bible and other religious books, the earth is made by God. But what caused The Big Bang? No one knows. That makes it just a theory and not yet a fact.

Then where does matter come from? Matter is made of many atoms and occupies space. And where do atoms come from? Surely there is one source that we can never fully understand, a source that has the power to create such matter. And that, to me, is God.

• Gods are imaginary.

If you look at this question historically, meaning 3500 years B.C. When the Sumerinas invented writing men have bin inventing gods. To date there is over 3700 different gods and that is the short list.This tends to prove that gods are an invention of men and if you belive in only one you are almost an atheist but gullible. Like Santa Claus teaches millions can all belive in the same thing and be wrong. Thank you for the question.

• I don't think so.

I don't think that anyone will ever know for sure (until they die, that is), but from what I have learned in life thus far, I would say that no, there is no such thing as a god or gods. I truly hope that I am wrong, because heaven sounds amazing, but I just don't think that any of this is scientifically probable.

• They are not.

I have yet to see, in the long time that I have been on this great planet of ours, any kind of evidence that could ever one day hope to begin to lead me to believe that there is any kind of a god or a higher power out there.

• Gods dont exist

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
    ― Isaac Asimov

There is literally no more prove than any other other religion. Not one. An all loving forgiving deity to send a person to hell forever is impossible. That proves gods don't exist. DONT EXIST...

• Religion Sounds Crazy

In Harry Potter, there are wizards and dragons. Do you believe in that? Probably not. So why should a tale about a magical invisible man in the sky who demands we love him because he loves us (or else we go to Hell, how loving!) who can make every animal species fit on a boat (but not plants, funnily enough) make water turn into wine, and make a man come out of a whale's stomach alive make any sense? Sorry if I offended anyone, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

• No gods are real.

The "God" and the "Jesus" that Christians worship today are actually amalgams formed out of ancient pagan gods. The idea of a "virgin birth", "burial in a rock tomb", "resurrection after 3 days" and "eating of body and drinking of blood" had nothing to do with Jesus. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals and beliefs in order to be more palatable to converts. You can find accounts like these in popular literature today.
    Obviously the pagan believers, from whom Christianity derived its myths, worshiped gods that were imaginary. If Gods such as Horus, Ra, Mithras, etc. Were real, we would have proof of their existence and everyone would be following those gods. Our "God" and "Jesus" today are simply extensions of these imaginary forerunners. Therefore God is imaginary.