• But it's a good thing:

The best art is totally useless. What more than being pretty does it do? However that is the main advantage of art; it doesn't actually do anything, the onlooker does, and that's when you gain insight into life itself. Art inspires introspection because it is a completely useless but absolutely pivotal part of life; aesthetics don't do anything but sometimes doing nothing is the best thing something can do.

• Art is a reflection of history but it does not influence everyday decision making.

Art has been around for a couple thousand years and while some argue it has an impact, I beg to differ. Throughout history you can research art but all you will find is a reflection of past emotions you will not find it influence world changing decisions. Where was art when Hitler came to power? Where was art in the American Revolution? Did art help Eisenstein create the Theory of Relativity? When art has ever influenced a world changing decision or event? The answer is it hasn't. Do you think of art or it's "meaning" when you wake up in the morning? How about when your driving in your car? Unless your occupation is literally an artist you will never take art into account before you make a decision. I could go on and on but I know that this alone is evidence enough.

Art is Useless

• I think its good because

Its a good way to express ourselves , escape from the world . I like art it makes me wonder things but honestly im just a year 6 searching stuff for an exhibition so im not sure if this is true but its my opinion and idc if u dont care , BAIIII

• It is, but it isn't

Art has no tangible use or meaning besides the one the viewer sees in it, So art can have no meaning or use or all the meaning in the world just depending on the viewer.I personally believe that some art is pointless and that some is not, it does not mean that either all art is useless or all art is meaningful the truth is somewhere in-between.
    Make of this what you will.

• Art is a distraction from reality

It's a type of escapism, a way to not face the real world and to put a blind face to it.
    I also think art is only for the pleasure of the eyes, it doesn't serve a purpose outside of it as it doesn't influence action.
    Art is not necessary to survive in the big world too. If we are put out in a jungle art would not be priority.

• Art can touch lives

Art has an affect on people that science or hard cold facts don't. Art is an inspiration to the world. It brings life to culture. Art can help improve society, and it has for thousands of years. People would communicate through drawings, and making art instead of writing. Art has a more powerful way of expressing meaning and emotion than words do.

• Art is not a suitable job.

First, artists do not make a lot of money during their life time, hence the term "starving artist". It is only after that they make a lot of money. Art is OK for a free time hobby, but I don't think art has really caused any major breakthroughs in our world.

• FUCK THE pooop

Re hj hj h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h fhd hf d fdhf dhf dhf dhf sf sdjfksdjf ksejfisj fisnoijdsfi osdf iosdjfosj fisd sdhds sdoisd sd so is

• No tangible effect

When we look back to history, you include art in the journey that lead us here. However, our present time and future is formed by events, not pieces and objects. Art may give us a VIEW of history and culture at different time, but onew mediums can do the same as well.

• Because.....YOYYOYOYYYYOOYOYO BRU H ' YOLO

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain #TRUMP
    TJYTUYRH FHRJYTKJB THRTYRHT YHTUFGDHG YTU7TJYEBM F F F F HJ HGF M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M M MM, F U C K T R U M P 2 0 1 6
    JK

• Art is Emotion

There are plenty of robots and scientists to do all the math and stuff, humans need more emotions. Art inspires you, it expresses your most complex feelings that you cannot explain with words! Of course, art is beautiful and colorful and all, but it's much more than that! Art is not useless. You are only saying that you suck at it. Lol. By the way, i bet a thousand dollors that the face that i drew yesterday is much better thatn yours.

• Art is everywhere.

Art is life itself. In fact, if you create, you are an artist. Engineers and architects, are they not creating buildings or cars or technology, is art not creating something, with your hands? Art isn't just a pretty painting, it can be disturbing sometimes, but there's a reason for those drawings and paintings, to show people things: pleasant or not, they are things that can't be expressed with words. It brings people together, it shows people opinions and thoughts.
    Don't forget, art isn't just fine arts, its literature, dance, and theater. Some say it's not necessary for the world, but tell me, what good is the world, when there is no story, no purpose? No good and bad and love and hope, no pain and joy. What would be life without feeling, what would be life without art?

• Not even close

A world without art is a dead world, just imagine, you cant read because there no authors, you cant listen to music because there no singers, no bands, no instruments and no composers, you cant watch TV, because there are no shows (save or the News), there is no fashion, no architecture, no decoration...It would be like a grey and boring world

• Art is definetley useful

Art is one of the easiest and effective ways to learn about history. For example, lots of artists paint things they are surrounded by everyday, like cityscapes or the way people dress. So, what the textbooks are unable to capture art teaches in a much more passionate way. Art is education.

• No, not useless!

Definition of Art:
    the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance:

Art has it's place and purpose in society. Art is entertainment/entertaining. Art generates jobs and income (eg. Dancers, paint suppliers, music teachers and plenty more). If art were useless it wouldn't be utilized at all. If art were useless we wouldn't devote museums, buildings, books, schools, time etc to it. There are many forms of art (painting, floral arrangements, sculpture, poetry, dance etc etc) and none of them are useless.

• Art is NOT useless

Art is definitely not useless.
    For the artworks in the past, they can reflect cultures, history, stories, and life of the past people.
    And as for the artworks nowadays, they express our feelings and our thoughts.
    Art is a way to show things that is hard to be explained by words, such as emotion and conflicts.
    Therefore, art is definitely not useless, but beautiful and useful :D

• No it is not

Art can never be useless. Art is very important in this world. Art makes people happy. Without it the world would be very emotionless. For me Art is my life and i live for Art. Art help those who are in pain. It makes people happy. I hate those people who believe that Art is useless.

• Art can show your talent

Art is important because it might give out your feeling and how u feel all these days for me I LOVE ART it makes me feel talented and makes me happy to say it that I LOVE ART.Art is important to our history many ways and i will let art be in my heart forever!

• Art is very useless

Seriously, how many people out of 100 will use art when they are older? Animators may use it, but many people won't. I say that art should just be a class you shouldn't need to take in grade school and stuff. That is just my opinion though. I don't know what you thing.

• Not useless since technology supports art and the capitalist makes money from it.

All technological advances provides structires for ARTs attributes , to totally separate it is just production of nonsense artifacts of technology that nobody will buy unless it connects to Life or ARt.
    No more thoughts thats it. No more sense thats all. All you need is Art.
    All you need is art then technology lives forward.