Is Assassin's Creed IV (yes) better than Assassin's Creed III (no) ?

Asked by: dinukdesilva
  • Better times ten!

Assassins creed black flag is alot better in every way! Naval combat was a joke in assassins creed three. Assassins Creed black flag has better graphics, better combat, better hunting, and a more interesting story, connor kenway was a boring character, and you could hardly even tell the difference between new York city and Boston, assassins creed black flag had a bigger map, with plenty more side activities that are actually FUN to do

• Miles and miles better!!!!!!!!

Assassin's Creed 3 was probably one of the most disappointing games I have ever played. Ultimately forgettable characters, a very flawed story, no attempt to make realistic alternative historical scenarios, an irritating main character, mostly boring main missions, one of the worst video-game endings in history, and an unnecessary different perspective on the Templars.
    Assassin's Creed 4 was a huge step in the right direction and one of the best in the series. Historically accurate characters (Blackbeard, Stede Bonnet, Benjamin Hornigold, Calico Jack Rackham, Anne Bonny, and Mary Read), exciting and addictive gameplay elements, creative alternative historical scenarios, an extremely likable and charismatic main character, interesting characters, elements from previous games, a present-day setting that is actually worth exploring, a massive environment with many secrets to unlock, a very interesting story, and jumps straight into the action once it begins.

• Black Flag is Superb

Black Flag is my Favorite game in the gaming history. It has very beautiful sight, lot of things to do, great combat, naval combat, upgrades, hunting, great story and gorgeous graphics. It's a very big game comparing to Assassin's Creed 3. As for Assassin's Creed 3 it has great variety of Missions and very exciting real history scenes like Boston tea party. Anyway Black Flag is better.

• AC3>AC4 for a variety of reasons

The third installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise was a HUGE deal at the time of its release! Its setting is magnitudes more immersive and historically detailed than Black Flag's mediocre Carribean pirate world. AC4's collectibles and side activities were tedious and completing them felt like a chore, and although AC3's weren't AMAZING they at least added to the gameplay experience and felt worthy of completion. Relationships between characters had a lot more weight in AC3, and its antagonists were particularly intriguing. AC4's main protagonist may be more ambitious than AC3's, but his actions and decisions never really seem to matter in the grand scheme of things. I also think AC3's setting was more fit for an installment is an "Assassin's Creed" game. Finally, AC4's present-day side story was executed very poorly as compared to AC3's excellent fusion of the modern-historical aspects of "Assassin's Creed". I believe Ubisoft should produce separate Assassin's Creed games for fans of naval combat and leaves its other installments featuring activities exclusively on land.

• Why the rant?

I don't say that AC4 is worst then AC3 and i don't say that AC3 was perfect. In fact AC3 had a BETA like feeling but is in my opinion a better AC game in general.

What i hate the most is that people say "naval battle in AC3 sucked, AC4 is miles better"
    Dudes. WHY is the naval part better, why do you have more freedom and can sail on a big map?
    BECAUSE of AC3. AC3 was some kind of NextGen test, while it was medicore it was a fresh feeling and something new. The first time with a new protagonist, new setting, new feature (like naval battle and a new concept. AC3 is the little kid while AC4 is the grown up.

AC4 is a great game with even more new content. I love it and it is the game i put the most hours into as in every other AC game. But you all forget that without AC3 and the voice of the community (and the trend to make pirate games) AC4 would't be such a success.

I give AC3 my vote because it is the first AC game that showed us that the templar are not the ultimate bad villians they used to be and because AC3 is more AC immersive then AC4. That was the part that was meh in AC4. Both are great games on there own. Just leave it like that and plz stop making this another COD vs Battlefield pussyfight.

P.S.: Sry for my bad english. Its not my native language.