• You don't have to have talent to be musical, but using auto tune ruins the emotion

I am an aspiring Musical Theatre major (I'm a high school sophomore), so before i get really into it I would like to say that I hate auto tune and lip syncing on principal. I could debate most arguments for either one.

Ex: "Well, the pop singers who lip sync can't sing and dance at the same time. It's too hard!" Have you ever seen Broadway show? Or even a community show. They dance and sing their butts off eight shows a week Even with understudies they work extremely hard.

Now for the main point. I can respect most musicians. You can't sing? OK, at least you're doing something you love. However, auto tune ruins music for me. To me music is very personal and shouldn't be run through computers and changed. I believe it takes away the emotion. As a beginning classically changed singer, I also feel it is degrading to singers who work and train to become the best they can.

• Auto tune should burn!!!

After auto tune was invented you didn't need talent to be a good singer. Just think, if auto tune was never created we wouldn't have the songs that your dad says "This is terrible music." and then you switch it to country. Sometimes it can be good but to much will just ruin the voice.

• It is killing music

Because it is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so yea

• It is killing music

• Yes it has. Killed music.

A long long time ago
    I can still remember how that music used to make me smile
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And maybe they'd be happy for a while
    But February made me shiver
    With every paper I'd deliver
    Bad news on the doorstep
    I couldn't take one more step
    I can't remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died

Helter Skelter in a summer swelter
    The birds flew off with a fallout shelter
    Eight miles high and falling fast
    It landed foul on the grass
    The players tried for a forward pass
    With the Jester on the sidelines in a cast
    Now the half-time air was sweet perfume
    While the Sergeants played a marching tune
    We all got up to dance
    Oh but we never got the chance
    'Cause the players tried to take the field
    The marching band refused to yield
    Do you recall what was revealed
    The day the music died
    We started singing

Oh, and there we were, all in one place
    A generation lost in space
    With no time left to start again
    So come on, Jack, be nimble, Jack be quick
    Jack Flash sat on a candlestick
    'Cause fire is the devils only friend
    Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
    My hands were clenched in fists of rage
    No angel born in Hell
    Could break that Satan's spell
    And as flames climbed high into the night
    To light the sacrificial rite
    I saw Satan laughing with delight
    The day the music died
    He was singing

I met a girl who sang the blues
    And I asked her for some happy news
    But she just smiled and turned away
    I went down to the sacred store
    Where I'd heard the music years before
    But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets the children screamed
    The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed
    But not a word was spoken
    The church bells all were broken
    And the three men I admire most
    The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
    They caught the last train for the coast
    The day the music died
    And they were singin'

Bye-bye, Miss American Pie
    Drove my chevy to the levy
    But the levy was dry
    And them good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
    Singing this'll be the day that I die

• Yes, but not just auto-tune

Auto-tune is the bane of "music". I am not against most synth or other electronic sounds, however auto-tune, drum machines, and everything dubstep takes any talent requirements for making music and replaces it with buzzy loud annoying things that rarely even follow basic scales or chords and all sounds the same. Sorry for the rant

• Many aspects of our lives are manufactured and artificial

Due to new technologies and "advancements", everything in our daily lifestyle has been altered in one way or another. For example, food has been genetically modified for the purposes of lower costs to farmers (leading to consumers), all year round growing, etc. As well as the music industry, artists are manufactured or created, they are no longer artists actually. They are products, completely demolishing the idea of creativity, art, and indie musicians. If you like to listen to it, just know that the person behind it has been manufactured in one aspect or another. Do they actually like creating music, or is it just a game to them? Did they write the lyrics themselves? Most likely not-- if you listen to the music for the sake of passing time or liking to dance to it, then go ahead. However, don't claim it's real music, because that's an insult to someone who treasures music as a whole.

• Yes I believe it is.

In my opinion it is destroying the music industry by allowing the untalented to make "music" and win awards for it. It takes the credit away from the true music artists that actually have talent. Also I believe that auto tune is only best used for music that is actually suppose to sound technoish.

• No, because talentless people get popular regardless.

Auto-tune can definitely be used to make a horrendous voice sound okay- and I don't support that. It should be talented people that get popular, people who deserve it. But talentless people get popular often, whether Auto-tune is involved or not. After all, Vanilla Ice got popular way before Auto-tune. There are other ways of covering up a lack of talent. Also, 'killing music'? You can still listen to good music nowadays, you don't have to listen to Top 40!

• Lack of creativity is killing the music industry

Music is not something that can be killed- the industry, however, is using autotune to cash in. Technology can very easily be used (AND HAS BEEN) to create incredible music, from great muscians. I'd say that the christian worships genre & and new country have killed music just as much as autotuned genre pop has. It's all about finding a formula that people like. The industry likes creativity, but not if it means loosing money. The instrument is not the problem, it's the musicians using it.

• Technology leads the way:

Is this not what humans wanted? From the models who are photoshopped to the music that is mystically produced and perfected humans enjoy this. As a matter of fact there are advents such as Miku in Japan, an entirely digital band, complete with holographic characters!

This is how mankind evolves.