• Barbie dolls induce that fulfilling beauty standards is prerequisite to being a woman

Barbie conveys beauty standards and conducts young girls into believing that being a woman is -not only but still- about the looks. Not every girl has long legs, is extremely thin and wears high heels. The doll is made for young girls to project themselves into the woman they will become and it doesn't give an other options than being like a model whereas this is not the reality of most women. A woman should not have to be good looking, just like men don't have to. If Barbie can have any career she wants -and that's great - she stays nonetheless an unrealistic and superficial model-looking woman which, again, is not what most women are.

• Barbie is just an artificial beauty and immodesty.

Having a Barbie look is a false feminism and maybe the women's worst false happiness, a weapon of mass destruction against the true happiness of men. When l start playing Fallout 4, I choose the female character and customize her, she's the opposite beauty of Barbie, I choose blond shoulder length hair, blue eyes, white as Barbie and I don't apply make-up instead I apply freckles on her. And I pretend that the character I created was the most beautiful, but not hot or a sex object. I also pretend her as the best stereotype.

• Not to feminism, but harmful all the same.

The unrealistic proportions are of course an issue, look at the lengths some people have gone to in order to look like a 'human barbie'. Does anyone here remember the barbie doll that came with a scale permanently set at 110lbs and a diet book that simply said 'dont eat'?

• In a way...

I personally think toys are toys and that's it, but I'm on the yes side because of the topic. All the time some feminist will compare Barbie to bratz and say that barbie is a feminist because of the different jobs she has and that she doesn't dress in a sexual way like that bratz. I like having the idea that barbie has gets to have several different jobs, and not just female-appointed jobs, but barbie is in no way a feminist as they say. I have seen her wear a lot of sexually clothes, even some back in the 60's when she started, and she still exhibits the dumb blonde stereotype. So in way she is a insult feminists, but I also don't think that any toy should be made with the intent of having an "impact" because kids are kids and there not going to care about that part. It's just another way for propaganda to work.

• Everything is an insult to feminism these days

Saying Barbie dolls are an insult to the ideology of feminism is like saying men sleeping on buses is, which some feminist in Sweden have seriously tried to claim. It seems the whole world nowadays is offensive to feminist, and that reality itself must be reworked to spare their feelings.

• No she's not

Why would she be? She's a toy. You probably mean how she is skinny and it is an unfair standrard for women, but look at toys that were made for boys. Just look at He-man! He's just a load of muscles, yet no-one cares about that.
    Toys are often unnatural in their appearance, deal with it.

• I personally do not think that Barbie is an insult to Feminism.

To be completely honest with you guys I really don't understand how it could be. As MLEchoi said it seems to support Feminism considering how many images it takes on. I mean we've got a Barbie as a stewardess, a model, a dancer and plenty others. And as far as I know it seems little girls really enjoy playing with them. Isn't that what really matters? Plus I've never seen a little girl refuse to play with a Barbie simply because it's politically incorrect. Give me a break! In conclusion it seems little girls like the dolls and if they want to play with them then why not. Thank you and God bless.

• Barbie, in my opinion is supporting feminism.

Sure the barbie doll's body is unrealistic, but barbie is setting up examples for young girls that they can be anything they want in life. She has various different themes of jobs and careers and doesn't let her femininity stop her from having them, and I think that's what all girls must think like, don't let their gender stop them.