Is beauty more important than brains in today's society?

• It shouldn't be, but it is.

This is a simple question of what our society is really like.

As cavemen and women, we were programmed by nature to find partners who appeared to be in good health. Good health meant surviving offspring meant preservation of our species.

That happens to be why we don't like the look of the obese or disabled. It's not because they are inherently ugly, it's because the layout of our brain chooses to evoke such a perception due to our natural history.

• Misinterpreted of Text

Anyone who voted no has misinterpreted the question at hand. The question asks, in a more explained format, "Is beauty considered more important-" or "Is beauty overemphasized-" ... I would also try not to forget the key part of the question "in today's society" ...

I believe looks have been overemphasized in today's society and intelligence is often faced with hostility.

• Lol Hell yea

Lmfao, like totally beauty is beauty. Like Trump and Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty Beauty

• Lol Hell yea

• Beauty is better than brains

It is all about the looks now a days. If your ugly you get disowned. People judge you on how you look not how smart you are. Your classified as a nerd when your smart but if you are beautiful than everyone loves you and your popular. Beauty in today's society is way better than brains

• Beauty Trumps Bains! Sorry!

Even if only at first and even though everybody knows looks will fade pretty soon---BEAUTY WILL CARRY THE MASSES and allow undeserved privileges to go to the one who is beautiful. It has always been this way and always will be...As totally wrong and unfair as it truly is.Test it yourself and be honest...Would a guy choose a Rhianna, or say, an Amy Schuler to hang and have sex with? Brad Pitt or Adam Sandler? And so would YOU if you are honest enough to say so.........

• Beauty matters more

Who has a better life? The tall handsome fellow who has women throwing themselves at him, or the short ugly fellow who works hard and invents something?

Real Life Story: pkzip, the first zip program was created by Phil Katz. After he got rich, he drank himself to death within 2 years... Why? He was ugly... My theory is he spent his life telling himself being smart mattered more - then when it paid off, he realized how empty a victory it was.

• Beauty is important.

The keyword now is in today's world. We're now living in a place where people look at beauty more than brains. If you're brainy, but ugly, yes you could be rich but will you actually live happily? Having people telling you you're ugly is hurtful enough so beauty's just as important!

• Beauty is a key to a job

Yes beauty is important in this world now a days!! A manager or boss who interview's you for a job will for sure sees your outer look to hire you. He sure doesn't want a lame or dull person working in his company. Friends experience. Not blaming anyone just my opinion

• Today is still as it was before

You can not get rich or powerful with a real job with out a brain. The only job you can get with beauty is to become a stupid actor who lives in California doing nothing but acting knowing nothing about real life. Though all rich people with a real job like Donald trump and even Rockeller who made much money buy using his brain to itimidate and destroy their competition. They became rich and more powerful than the president

• Nope. Brains better.

I have personal experience on both sides.

I lived in a place where I was a handsome devil, and then for reasons I moved to a different culture where I'm not considered that good looking. I got used to it.

I used to go a a crap school where I was a genius in everything do, then I moved to some high end school and I was just above average. Still can't get over it.

• For most people no.

In the movies and TV and certain professions, e.G., modeling, beauty is more important.

Many in society place too much emphasis on beauty. And, the movie and TV industries push it. Many are wrapped up in looking good because of this, especially women. Many refuse to grow old naturally and have lots of plastic surgery to make them look younger. Eight Billion is spent annually on cosmetics and over and over $15 Billion on plastic surgery.

Brains will always be more important and you usually get paid more the based on your educational level, i.E., college grads usually make more than high school grads.

What is really important is being an honest, sensitive, empathetic and loving person.

• What will you be remembered by?

Beauty is fleeting. People may be attracted to you because of your looks, but if there is no depth behind your pretty face, then I doubt that they will want to stick around you for extremely long. Do you truly think that you are going to change the world or be remembered by your beauty? I don't think so.

• Lol no. .

Think about it this way instead? It is your birthday and you were given a present by your parents. What do you think you would like better? The wrapping paper, or the contents inside? The contents inside right? But then what would you do with the wrapping paper? Lol Tf

• Lol no. .

• I disagree strongly

It's not need cart ydnfj udjrjr jdbr during did for for fifteen for fifteen first first first first first first first first first first first further first for for first first off of furniture for for gig gkg gogmgo sjx us did dude dude dude cucumber cucumber cover cover cucumber fjfmfjf fjfmfjf first first full

• Bdf df df

Hj jh jhj jh jh jjhjjhhj hj hj jjhj jh jj hj hj hjh jhjhjjhjhjhjhjhjhjhh jh jh jh jh df df df df ddf f dfdf ddf df df d f djhfkhud fhhuherjhu gjdfg jdjfh udhfj hhfdj tge fg gus hsu usj dj dh jdh jhd jd j hj d f

• Bdf df df

• We need money to maintain our beauty. Money needs job and a good job need brain.

If we want to keep our self beautiful in present age we have to use cosmetics which will defend us against the pollution and other side effects. To buy effective cosmetics,obviously they got expensive as demand increases,we need money. With a mediocre salary we can buy us food shelter and cloth but can't afford any other expenses. So we need a good job an d a good job can only be maintain using our brains. Moreover, in this struggling era, with the passage of time,we lose our beauty.............So brains our more important than beauty