• Very Much a Problem

Political correctness is a problem because by it's very nature, it prevents factual correctness.

To be factually correct, Black Lives Matter is a terrorist group, But to be politically correct, they are nothing but peaceful protests.
    To be factually correct, there are valid reasons a white or Hispanic police officer might shoot a black kid. But to be politically correct, anytime a white man shoots a black man, it's racism.
    To be factually correct, a fetus is alive. But to be politically correct, it's merely an inconvenience to it's mother and must be killed.
    To be factually correct, Bruce Jenner is a man. But to be politically correct, not only is he a woman, he's the greatest woman of the year.

This is what's wrong with America.

• Freedom of Speech

Personally, I do not like being Politically Correct on certain things. I wish to express myself in any form of way, without someone being offended for me saying something. I don't like it, and is very annoying when in fact in the United States we all have the right to freedom of speech. Everyone has the right to say what they believe, and shouldn't be charged with an "offense" to stating something they believe in.

With more and more people getting "offended" for someone stating their opinion, this is destroying the Amendment and limiting what we can or cannot say. That is one thing I kind of respect with Donald Trump, saying what ever and such; but standing by his word.

• Yes it is

We have college campuses banning harmless words and ideas because they could offend people. We have entitled brats upset about the wrong colors or the wrong words or the wrong pronouns. People are demanding safe spaces and yelling at professors for not giving them that. Political correctness is horrible. It shuts down meaningful l conversation and breeds entitlement.

• Problems have solutions

I believe that being "politically correct" is at the forefront of many Americans minds. With the recent spike in refugees and the linger racial tensions it will continue to be a very important topic. At it's root being politically correct is about attempting to respect a person or group of persons. The problem lies in being so wrapped in the feeling of others that the truth gets hidden or distorted.

• Yes, it is.

There are way too many thin-skinned pussies out there today. Public locations are not anyone's special safe place and no one has any obligation to avoid offending people. If you're really so weak that you need everyone to sugar-coat everything they think before saying it, you need to grow a pair. Words are just that: words.

• At this point, it is becoming an issue

I would consider myself to be a liberal and a progressive and embrace some forms of political correctness. Political correctness is helpful as a means of cleansing hurtful or negative language and behaviors and is not always a bad thing. The question is, when is it too much? Universities, for example, are dealing with some more serious movements from demands for trigger warnings and safe spaces. These are areas where political correctness crosses a line. To truly have a liberal education which is the intention of most American universities, it is essential to be able to explore ideas and values contrary to what is accepted. Free expression and free thought are essential to academics and political correctness can get in the way there. It can also get in the way of other places. Don't get me wrong. Political correctness can do good, but it must be applied moderately to avoid negative consequences.

• Without a doubt

Politically correct" is just another way of saying "you no longer have freedom of speech".
    PC proponents think that they can have their Utopian world where everyone is nice to each other and nobody gets offended. They envision a beautiful, multicolored world where all the special snowflakes can shine. What they will get is a drab grey world of people who suppress their nature publicly, but seethe internally from that suppression.
    Mankind is ugly, gross and rude. It is better to be honest and accept realities we cannot change than to tell everyone they have to be someone else.
    I don't know about you, but I appreciate Trumps "anti-pc" tirade, and if they thought about it, so would everyone that hears him. Why? Because he is at least being honest about how he feels (as ugly as it is) instead of promising all sorts of things to all the special interest groups in a low, calm, "PC" voice with no intention of following through.
    I would always prefer to know someone hated me than to have people hate me and think everything was ok. After that, I don't care what language they use.

• Of course it is!

America is creating generations of physiological wimps. They are not preparing them for the realities and work forces. The Nanny-State seems to be very successful in supporting child-adult population, very sad.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• There is no such thing as being "politically correct"

The 1st amendment gives people freedom of speech, religion, and the press. The U.S. political system is designed so candidates can represent a certain group of people and relay their opinions so everyone's voices can be heard. Political stances are just opinions on an issue and there is no right answer to opinionated questions. Today, people get bashed and made fun of for thinking differently than others. The 1st amendment still holds so we should be able to express our opinions without backlash

• Political correctness is most certainly a problem!

Political correctness only benefits special interest groups. It is a form of leverage, a tool to use when they don't get their way. In today's society it's okay to have an opinion as long as it's the one they want you to have . In other words special interest groups are allowed to state their opinions and even force them upon the population at large because their views are "correct" and if anyone tried to deny them of that there would be an absolute uproar. However when someone has an opposing view it becomes okay to suppress them because they are "wrong". If I want to say I oppose gay marriage or that special interest groups shouldn't get anymore help or consideration than anyone else I should be able to do so without being heckled. The weight of any particular groups opinions should not outweigh those of another group simply based on who they are (race,creed,religion). Regardless of who you are or what you believe respect should be mutual not one sided. It's almost as though it is offensive to be truthful in modern society. I am no psychologist but this can not be healthy. I do not feel obligated to lie or feel intimidated by political correctness and neither should anyone else. It will only continue to advance and grow as long as we allow it to.

• I think politically incorrect is a worse problem now.

People complain that being politically correct is equivalent to being too weak, pussy footing around the issue... etc. Please... If you have any critical thinking skills, you can figure out what people are trying to say in a polite, non-asshole way. Thanks to people like Trump and his followers, being politically incorrect is equivalent to being a complete asshole, showing your ignorance, and trolling for reaction. There is no thought behind what they say... No filter.
    That's the difference - thinking before you speak vs. Not thinking.
    I'll take being politically correct over being incorrect any day. I'm just not an asshole.

• Politically correct means you actually think before you speak.

Being politically incorrect means the opposite. No thinking and no consequences. Trump is the poster child for this. He can say the most ridiculous thing and wrap it up by saying he's not politically correct and his followers just eat it up. No thought at all. "Saying it like it is." HAHAHA, oh man... I can get drunk and say it like it is. I should run for president!
    To me, when people say they're not politically correct, they are actually saying "I'm a total asshole and you should accept that". Nope. I like being polite, thanks.

• We Need to Respect People's Differences

I think we should respects people's differences, religion, race and beliefs. But it should be for everyone. Just as we are to respect the views of the lesbian, gay and bisexual community (LGB), we have to respect the views of other groups. Sometimes we don't want to hear evangelical Christians because we feel they're too intolerant; however, they're a religious group like Muslims and their view should be respects.

That said, I do think we have to draw a line. We can't infringe upon each other's rights and access to things. I don't think we should get rid of "Christ" in Christmas because the word Christ is in it and it makes a Muslim or Atheist uncomfortable. If we do that, we've sided with being intolerant on the behalf of muslims and atheists.

America was founded on religious freedom, for some reason, many people want to forget that.

• Being politically correct helps preserve peace

If you are rude to people, you are more likely to get people angry, and have them resort to violence. For example, if I where to call all Christians, members of a dangerous cult that is responsible for more murders than even the craziest extremist of any other religion, I would really upset people. (I do recognize their is a difference in extremist Christians and moderate Christians) and it would be unfair to those who I would be being rood (impoliticly correct) to.

• Be vewy, vewy caweful

Generally, people who say this do not understand what political correctness is. It is a way of speaking that discourages the use of antiquated terms ("I saw a negro and an oriental at the mall today") and racial and sexist slurs. It can get out of hand, but only through those who misunderstand it. On the other hand, sometimes people who understand it perfectly well, but are racist and sexist, like Donald Trump, cite it to give them an excuse to use slurs, as the man himself has. So to not sound like a racist or a sexist, you should instead say you won't unreasonably self-censor, which goes beyond what political correctness demands.

• Political correctness only means something to the person using it.

The main idea behind political correctness that I see, is that there is some sort of conspiracy theory to manipulate information so that nobodies feelings are hurt. Ultimately I have seen no evidence that this is true, what people say is what they believe. On the case of offending people, you will find that anyone will quickly get insulted, if they are a part of a group that you are making fun of.

• Politically Correct is Usually Correct

No, being "politically correct" is not a problem in America. Politically correct usually means considerate of others and how they are affected by our language. It usually requires a person to stop for a moment and consider their words before they speak. We could all use a little more thought behind our words.