• Black Friday is

Hilarious! We had it for the first time in the UK this Friday and yes people did get hurt - but isn't that all part of the fun? It puts a lot of money into the economy (10% of all sales in America happen in November and December) and gives everyone great deals - the best throughout the year. People who get hurt are in the minority; it just doesn't seem that way because of all the news coverage of it. Crack on Black Friday, I'll look forward to next year.

• I enjoy doing it. If you don't, then don't participate.

I enjoy doing it. If you don't, then don't participate.

I rarely go out shopping, but if there is something I want and its priced very well on black friday, I really enjoy to go out, wait, and then go and buy it. I enjoy the anticipation and the joy I get from the rush of going in at that final moment and getting what I want at such a great price.

• Black Friday is "worth it" (despite this question making absolutely no sense and being completely arbitrary on what "worth it" means)

You get cheap goods - I don't understand what there is to dislike about Black Friday. You are all making a lot of arguments that are not intrinsic to Black Friday itself. Violence might happen on Black Friday, but that doesn't mean Black Friday itself is inherently violent - that is purely correlation. Furthermore, yes, Thanksgiving is about being grateful for what you have, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be grateful for being able to get more things for a cheap price - see where I'm going here? Also, if you want to go into this whole "ethical" or the "true" meaning of Thanksgiving side of things, you'll lose - try winning that Thanksgiving's genealogy was NOT one of raping, pillaging, and murdering Native Americans.

• For entertainment value alone, its worth it.

Seriously, watching a bunch of debt enslaved morons fighting over towels or a $100 television set? Hilarious. The one where the 2 fat women were tasering each other in the mall I must have played 100 times.

At the end of the day, its the store's prerogative to open on Black Friday or on Thanksgiving - commerce is legal and a holiday shouldn't prevent it. The violence and destruction are just another sign of the times, that the price of a human life is about as valuable as some cheap Walmart towels.

If nothing else, the video clips and sensationalized news reports will encourage those with common sense and a sense of self preservation, to purchase goods from the Internet, where if you're savvy, you get better deals, tax free.

• It's a good way to save money for gifts!

People shouldn't be pushing people over and fighting for deals, but it's a good frugal way to be able to give people good gifts for Christmas. If you don't like it, don't participate. If you cannot control yourself, and put human lives beneath that 70% off, then you shouldn't participate either. Banning Black Friday will not solve the problem of selfish human beings.

• Black Friday is Hilarious

Black Friday is absolutely worth it. It's like a circus of insane dogs that the rest of us can watch and laugh hysterically at. The whole human race is like a pack of hedonistic monkeys swimming in a pile of its own excrement. For those of us who have no respect for such a group, watching such a show can be hilarious. I encourage you to grab some popcorn and watch the show. Enjoy!!

• Time to calculate

There are losers who like to sit in front of the store and camp there for a whole week, which is pretty pathetic. Then there are the foos who actually come there on time, see a bigass line and leave. Then there are those who will actually stay but are gonna have to bring a buttloads of money. So in terms of how much gas it takes from store to store, there's time cost and some may argue of what you gots to endure. I'd say that's a plus of standing for stupidity. So if you save at least $100 for every store that you go to, then it's probably worth it. If you have to beat up some dude for something, make sure it's at least one dope TV or a video game or whatever.

• Yes it is worth it.

Yes it is worth what if it's the only way for a family to by things for there children. Christmas is one the way soon what if that is the families way to purchase items. Many family's are becoming broke that could be there only way of money. That is my opinion.

• It's Tradition

Yes, Black Friday is worth it. Not only are there excellent deals to be had on Black Friday, but for many families the Black Friday sales have become a tradition. In years past, families have gone so far as to take tents and camp out in front of their chosen store hours before opening time. It’s the thrill of the hunt – the mad chase for the bargain and to be one of the few who can claim a prize before they are sold out.

• Why should this happen?

We Americans are saying we are greatful for everything we have, but then we wake up to get deals on things. If we are so greatful for everything we have then why are we doing this, why do we have this? This is why I'm confused with what this day is all about. Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

• No Black Friday is not Worth It

Black Friday is a concept that has grown too big to be sustainable. People line up a week in advance for material goods at a discount. This detracts from the holiday of Thanksgiving and a sense of gratitude for what we already have. Additionally, most stores have to mark things down so low to attract customers that they end up not clearing a lot of profit.

• No black Friday is not worth it. Black Friday is the day people go out and fight to buy things they do not need to impress people they do not like.

Black Friday is not worth it. The retail industry likes to hype the sales up but for the most part, there are only a limited umber of items available that people fight over like animals. Furthermore, much of the stuff on sale is low quality and will not last. This has been scene on several occasions especially with electronics. People go out spending money on things they cannot afford to impress people they do not like. People should stay home and cherish the time with family instead of dashing to stores to become human advertisements with all the latest clothes and gadgets.

• It's not work the risk of employees safety

Every year Black Friday employees are getting hurt because of fights or being trampled and some have died (research it). Just this past Black Friday a Walmart employee had got a black eye by Black Friday shoppers because of their aggressiveness. Also people are stupid the deals are not that good because half of the electronics you buy are either refurbished or obsolete. These products are not covered by warranty and you get only 90 day free warranty and after that you out of luck if something goes wrong with that new computer of TV.

I never shop on Black Friday its way too crazy. As I said I feel really sorry for the employees as they don't get paid enough for this Black Friday garbage.

• Oh gosh no!

I do not live in the U.S but I have seen those black Friday videos. So vicious, I under stand why their would ne a long line up in malls for such deals but THIS is just bloody ridiculous for crying out loud, this isn't just some long line up at an Apple store no, this is just takes the cake!

• Black Friday is one of the most disheartening things to watch happen, year after year.

While it is certainly enjoyable to sit back and watch the chaos ensue, I can't help but shake the feeling of disgust. When I hear that mobs and mobs of people are fighting each other around the world, kicking, punching, and trampling to the point that some have died over material goods, my faith in humanity sinks further into the black hole that it is already waist-deep inside. I wish people would get this excited over politics or something that really mattered instead of a cheap 60-inch LCD TV from Walmart.

• Black Friday is the most disgusting "holiday" there is.

Thanksgiving? What a joke. More like "let's go stuff ourselves, forget about giving thanks, then go off the VERY NEXT DAY and spend tons of money on worthless stuff". Plus, chances are you'll walk in and buy something you didn't intend to buy...It's called bait and switch, look it up if you don't get it.

The idea that people actually get trampled to DEATH trying to get a deal makes me want to vomit. It actually makes me sick to my stomach that we could live in such a selfish, repulsive society. It embarrasses me and it should embarrass the country. I don't support it, and I don't like the idea of making some poor sod work through thanksgiving.

Economically, Black Friday is not the biggest retail day of the year. There are actually reports that show it damages retail economy, and if you don't listen to "Stuff You Should Know" I highly recommend their Black Friday episode.

• Stupid, Dangerous, and Disturbing

It's really just stupid, when you think about it. Is the human race really so far gone that we'll go insane and attack people to get a 50% discount on a T-shirt? How can you do that to people? That's why Black Friday is so unsafe. I find it very disturbing that people would do that.

• What do you value more a humans dignity and sanity or a 50% off shoes or electronic accessory?

Since the Black Friday "holiday" started there have been many accidents reported by attacking costumer that want to have the best before someone. This knows have traveled around world showing how capable are we to do the extreme to have something material, something that gives you status. We need to know that human nature makes us want to belong, and with the black Friday opportunity to buy your way to a clique the people will do the unimaginable. I believe that Black Friday shouldn't exist and it is totally not worth it.

• Black friday kill more people than cannibis

Its getting closer to the holiday season time to prepare my weapons and murderous attitude for black friday is upon us again. Time to go kill and hurt other human beings for a stupid tv when you already have one. Time to go ruin any faith at all in the human race. When black friday kills more people than a "dangerous, illegal drug" known as cannibis we need to reassess what kind of morals we want TIME TO BAN BLACK FRIDAY.

abyteofbrain says2013-12-04T03:56:29.770
Worth what?