• While it's unintentional, yes, Black People Meet is somewhat racist

The reasoning for this is simple, if somebody made White People Meet there would be an extreme backlash towards the creator of it. Black People Meet is not attempting to fan any racial flames, but the simple fact of the matter is that it is a dating site that is excluding people based on race, which while it may not be particularly harmful in this instance is still racist.

• Yes it is Racist

The Black people meet website is completely racist. I was recently discussing the topic with an African American friend of mine and he believes it is absurd because " we spent the mid-twentieth century trying to eradicate segregation, and here we are segregating our selves from other races." I believe the website is racist and there is a simple test we can conduct to prove so or otherwise, a White people meet website, liberals and African American social advocates would explode on even the slightest notion of such a site, yet not have the willpower to confront the issue from both sides. In conclusion, I believe that this website black people meet should not be allowed, and furthermore other sites which cater to individual races should also not be allowed, as for the topic of spiritual dating sites should be allowed and I will save that argument for another day. This whole issue that came with black people meet really helped me as a ninth grader see the racial segregation which sadly exists even in the twenty first century, and with that, I am done.

• Back to two drinking fountains?

This is segregation in pure form and by a race that has felt the pain of this honorable practice. I get it if you prefer to date your own race. That's fine and your right of selection. I'm even okay with a profile button that indicates the kind of person you're looking for which could indicate race or color... But to create a site that does not even allow other races to participate is pure and simple segregation.

• What is racist is that our anti-white society won't allow WhitePeopleMeet.Com.

Anyone has the right to date whatever race they prefer. We do not yet live in a politically correct fascist society (although we are getting close). It is no ones business but your own who you date and why. So, if there are black people who only want to date black people, that is there business, and no one else's. The fact that race should not deny one rights nor limit ones opportunities does not mean that we have to pretend that race does not exist, and there are many good reasons that black people might prefer to date black people, and likewise why white people might prefer to date white people. But what is unacceptably racist is the fact that there is no Whitepeoplemeet.Com! If such a site were ever created, Al Sharpton and all of the other racist pigs like him would go on a crusade to destroy it, the media and the government would support them, and it would be shut down! Thus, black people are given a right and opportunity that white people are not, namely, the right and opportunity to congregate with their own race, and that is as racist as you can get!

• Why not white peoplemeet?

Exclusion of any race for any reason is racist, including white people. We are allowed our own thoughts, choices and preferences. The current trend of stripping our right to form our own opinion is getting old. Every race and ethnicity can choose to hang out with their own, but us. If we try we are racist. In reality those that exclude or think/speak poorly about whites are racist. If you refer to someone who is not white as "white washed" then it is you who is the racist.

• Keep us at each others throat

I'm tired of all the B.S. In America! Go abroad and none of this goes on... Only in America ! When are we going to realize we are all one family. Our genetic codes are the same. Remember keeping us fighting each other will take the focus off the real enemy. When the "powers" see that things are changing for the better they have to separate us again because they know what will happen When we come together as well they should be afraid

• Most Definitely Racist

I believe this is racist because there is no White People Meet. If there was then the media would exploit them and call the owner a racist and shut down the website. But if someone shut down Black People Meet, then whoever shut it down for racial equality would be called a racist. I think this country is going down the toilet. Topics like this discuss me. I am not racist towards black people but this is getting out of hand.

• Yes its racist

The world for some reason and I Dont know why is afraid to stand up to the African american race and call them out on there racial discrimination and there nitch they have found because of there skin color and past history. We freed you and unsegrigated you WE OWE YOU NOTHING!! For these websites like black people meet and TV stations like BET and your united negro college fund are simply racist because it discriminates other races why did you march and raise so much hell in the 60s about segregation when even in 2015 you still do it to YOURSELF!! You make no sense

• This is not racist because

Every race is racist towards each other and people of a certain race prefer their own race than to mix with other races. People disagree about issues and have a hard time coming up with a solution to solve problems happening right now like the murder of Michael Brown. Some believe the murder was committed because of racism. Others believe that Michael Brown was going to shoot the police officer and the police officer shot him for self defense. Some people accept other races, but the majority of the people who are of a certain race prefer dating someone with the same characteristics and who live in the same nation.

• Change domain name

Regardless of the website creator's intention, the name alone draws criticism. If this website is a cultural gathering place, which I truly have no problem with, it needs a better title. On top of this, any "culture" should be able to open a website for similar reasons with no backlash.

• I am a black women who is attracted to black men

I prefer black men. I am a black female. How is this racist? I do not have anything against other men of other races I just prefer a man of my same ethnic group. I think it is natural. I not attracted to other men of different races as far as having an intimate relationship with them but that does not mean i am a racist. I don't have problems with other men from different ethnic groups i just like black men. What happen to the right to pursue happiness and freedom of choice and liberty. I mean I just living the Bill of rights that this country stands on. And i desire to be with a black man. I am a black women. What's racist about that?

• How Is It Racist???

Blacks are only 12%-13% of the American population. For black people who are interested in dating other black people but don't live around many, I don't see the problem with going to a website where they can meet other black people. Besides, there are tons of white people on blackpeoplemeet.Com, so how on Earth is it racist? Also, there is definitely a whitepeoplemeet.Com. You should go check it out.

• It is not racist

It is not racist. I've found that most black men on other webites are color struck and predjudice towards black women and want to exclusively date white women. Black women are always overlooked on other sites who caters specially to white people. If white people want to establish a white people.Met site, they should go for it.

• It is not racist

• It is not intended to be racist.

I do not believe the site is racist at all. I believe the intentions of the site is for black singles to meet. If white people want to create a site named white people meet, I would not personally have a problem with it. People should have the choice to date people within their own race if they choose to.

• Common Sense tends to prevail.

How can a dating site be racist when it doesn't prohibit anyone from joining it? I would hope that you would create white people meet, or this could be that almost all dating sites are made by/for white ethnic groups (Zoosk, OKCupid, Tinder, etc.). Black People Meet is simply a site for black people to date that is geared toward us because we are viewed as the unattractive or whatever people think of us. You can't really blame for wanting our own stuff, white people didn't want to share at all for most of the 1900's and all of a sudden now we are one? At the end of the day this comes to economic inequality (double unemployment for blacks as for whites, justice inequality) which this site helps to promote via social interaction, promotion of the black family and thorough exchange of ideas. Just saying...

• Black People Meet is NOT racist.

5 black people on a white site does not make it integrated or non-racist, so the white sites can go ahead and call themselves white sites... We really don't care. I've been on many traditional (used loosely) site and few Black people can be found there. My preference is to meet someone Black and here's a site where I can find a majority of that ethnicity. Why should anyone be challenged by this, particularly when no one is excluded - white, pink, orange or green? Come on in and sign up to meet Black people!! Dag, why is it that you all can't stand us but you still want to be all up in our grill!!!!! In the 'real world' I go to Black clubs rather than white clubs to meet Black people. Is that racist rather than preferential? Come on now, our country surely has greater issues.

• No, it is not racist

BPM is certainly not a racist site. There are plenty of caucasian people with profiles on the website; many of whom are included as suggested matches and some who have messaged me because they are attracted to prefer to date African Americans. I have spoken to caucasians who are relieved that the because there is an online place to meet who they would preferto date. To the previous poster who stated "you freed and desegragated African Americans" and owe us nothing: YOU did NOTHING to free or desegregate African Amercans; we are still fighting your main concept of ignorance that you are superior and privileged to all other ethnicities. Please take a moment to self reflect as you clearly have more deeper rooted issues that need to be imediately addressed than your dismay for BPM. Racism is still as prevelant as ever, the difference today is I have a right to oppose caucasians and have opportunities that previous generations did not without automatically being physically harmed, loosing my freedom or loosing my life. Although the threat is still not obsolete. The biggest gag is the very same people who are complaining about the site are the very same people who are against dating an African American, who shun other caucasians who do prefer to and lets not mention the discrimination unleashed if they have a child! Please people, the first step to eliminating racism is to acknowledge the simple fact that there are many ethnicities but is only one race, THE HUMAN RACE.

• This is not racist because

• Black People Meet Isn't Racist- Most White Men and those of other races don't date Black Women

If you look at the stats on the number of white, Asian or Latino men who date and actually marry black women, the numbers are low. Black women are the least likely to date outside of their race. Why should they be on sites where black, white and Asian men are actively pursuing women that do not look like them? This is insanity. Besides... You don't have to name your site white people meet.... Because the marketing, images in the commercials and photos used to promote the site SHOW you who the Website is intended for.