• Boxing is at the edge of death for two reasons.

First, Pay per view is killing the sport. Boxing used to be a blue collar sport and front page news. Now it's doesn't even make the back pack page of the sport section. One of the greatest sports in the world and part of American history is dying. Second reason: There's no heroes. No polarizing figures like Ali, Tyson, Sugar Ray Leanord, Marving Hagler, Roberto Duran, Roy Jones Jr.....Etc. There's only Floyd Mayweather who might be the best defensive fighters ever but who wants to pay $60 bucks on pay per view to watch him ducks punches and dance around the ring for 12 rounds?

• Boxing is dead

So crooked and fixed for so long that I no longer watch any boxing. Kick boxing and UFC have my attention now. I remember the Don King days of totally rigged fights and cannot forget the horrific decisions that came down in that era. Boxing has been replaced by kickboxing and the UFC. Good riddance.

• The eventual tide

I was a fan of UFC before it became massive when there were 3 or 4 pay per view events a year and it wasn't impossible to follow everything MMA. That was back in 03 - 05 now there are reality shows, channels dedicated to the sport, and pay per view matches it seems every month and of course what was once only talked about by the few dedicated fans now your grandpa or a frat kid thinks they know what there talking about. OVER SATURATION, that's the key words here I am no longer a fan and I haven't been for a number of years, Dana White and the media has taken from this golden goose all that they can and just like gangsta rap and grunge it will be on its way out and I assume boxing will make a come back, just like the tied nothing truly dies it only re-appears but it always returns bigger and usually better.

P.S. I feel in order for it to be better you need to do away with the two sweaty guys hugging each other every 5 to 8 seconds if they are that tired then shorten the rounds or deduct rounds or deduct points from the competitors cause that's where boxing looses me.

• Boxing is dead

Swallowed by the UFC. Only two aging stars Pac/May no Messiah is coming after to save it. Average age of a boxing fan 59, UFC 28. All the blows that are legal in boxing are legal in the UFC with just more allowable strikes like kicks, elbows, knees, joint locks and chokes. In other words its the most realistic. Many boxing techniques especially defensively are garbage and would get you killed ib a real fight. And that ia the heart of the issue. Combat sports are supposed to emulate reality of combat in a safe controled way and MMA does it most affectivly. Boxing's fallacies were brought to light by mma and were not going back to the dark. Boxing is dead, cause of death listed as homicide by UFC.

• It Has Been Dead For A While

Boxing is definitely dead. It has been this way for a while. UFC took their spot and I doubt boxing can get it back. There just aren't many interesting fighters anymore. The biggest fight that everyone has been waiting on, Mayweather vs Pacquiao, will probably never happen either. The sport has lost its way.

• Mayweather sealed the fate of boxing

Mayweather, through sheer talent, was able to continuously over-promise and under deliver which turned boxing into a choreographed dance rather than a sport. For all his sins, he was only the nail in the coffin. The governing bodies of boxing should be creating the fights based on a ranking system and not allow fighters to pick and choose their opponent. Boxing was a sport that I loved, now it's a business I ignore.

• Boxing is dead becuase it killed itself with rigged fights!

The last two popular figures in a long time were pacquaio and may-weather. They are both retired now. However the bigger reason it is dead is because other forms of fighting have taken over. Such as and mainly UFC. Boxing is rightfully seen as less fun and exciting as these sports. However even this is not the main reason it is dead. The main reason is fixed fights. Boxing has always been filled with rigged controversies. Fights are constantly fixed for money. People have gotten tired of this rigged organization and sport. Why would anyone want to watch a sport which is constantly fixed? Boxing is dead and it only has itself to blame.

• Boxing is officially dead. Last star in long time was pacqauiao even he was not protected from the rigged system example in may weather lose.

• Yes it is officially dead very few people watch the sport

• It is dead

It's dead and ufc is right behind it one the grounds like may weather never hurting anybody and wining. It's like I had more connected punches but wouldn't hurt a fly but I won. The scoring needs to change because manny hurt maywether and lost. Boxing promotes dancing with the stars., 12 rounds of it

• Past its prime but not dead

While Boxing has clearly lost ground to MMA, I think it's a bit premature to say it's dead. The Pacquiao/Mayweather fight last year brought in almost $600 million total revenue, which set a new record. Although MMA definitely seems to be more popular with younger fans, boxing seems to still be king with certain demographics such as older fans and Hispanics. Also, boxing is still far more lucrative in terms of earning ability. From what I hear, only the cream of the UFC crop earn enough from fighting to live comfortably, and most mid-to-lower tier fighters must work a day job. These aspects, along with boxing's rich history, should keep it around for decades to come.

• Past its prime but not dead

• Boxin aint dead

Yall mofos need to get yer shizzle straight. Boxing aint dead it wont eber be dead beotches cause imma a 12 year old boxin champ people. Ill beat the ass of the bestest ufc fighter you can find. That's all the shizzle I got women bring it mofos LMFAO peace

• No it isn't

Boxing is one of the best sports ever. Even if the champions of the world lost boxing will still continue. Boxing keeps many young teenagers out of the streets and helps them practice discipline. Which plays a giant role in life. Boxing will always be needed for self defense and also for good behavior.

• Globally it is huge

Boxing is watched and participated in every country in the world. Politics and corruption has slowed down boxing and has caused it to become slightly less unpopular, but with so many smart young promoters and boxing minds working behind the scenes, the sport will get back to where it once was in no time

• Boxing can never die

All u dumb asses who say DAT boxing is dead are stupid.Boxing isn't dead because I am not yet there.MY name is tagbo omaliko and I will one day become the greatest boxer of all time.Iam 15 years old,just give me 5 yrs and every body will be shouting my name which is KING.So watch out and believe it

• It's forever lasting

Boxing is somethign that was created from the conflict of war, much like archery and martial arts, so its something that is close to the core of humanity and our characteristics that makes us who we are. Boxing is pure as it only uses the primal strength of an individual

• Not even close people, Mayweather makes more money than the entire UFC

The Mayweather versus Pacquia fight made more money than all of the UFC events of the last five years added together. There are hundreds of boxing events in the U.S. Every year that exceed the earnings of any of the MMA cards. MMA is trendy but boxing is still king.

• It will never die

It is popular in other countries and is not as violent for viewers. There are legendary boxers like all 3 sugar rays, Muhammad ali, and so many more. I think kids would look up to them. These people inspire me and i wish i could be like them if i ever do boxing.

• More knockout artists

We need more knockout artists in the sport of boxing because to be honest with you, I'm not very excited unless I'm seeing 2 warriors going at it and beating the living hell out of eachother, the sport of boxing is at a decline because there's not many heavy hitters