• Well obviously cereal is soup

Cereal IS soup because soup is made by putting various meat and vegetables into broth. Have you ever mixed two cereals together and added milk? Because if you have you would have just made soup. Soup is two or more ingredients in a kind of broth, like two types of cereal in milk. That is soup because two different ingredients have been put into a broth. This is why cereal IS a soup.

• Well obviously cereal is soup

• Cereal is a soup

The fact of the matter is that a soup is defined as a food, sometimes a vegetable sometimes a meat, in a broth of some kind. Cereal is neither a vegetable or meat but there are soups that don't have either of those such as Fruit soup and some forms of gazpacho. While a typical soup is heated cereal in milk may not be typical but it is a soup

• Yes, soup does not need to be heated.

Some may argue soup is heated liquid that usually contains meat and veggies. Not all soups are heated. Cucumber soup, for example, is not heated and has a yogurt base. Fruit soup is chilled. Even Gazpacho is not cooked. Just because people say all soups are heated doesn't mean they are correct. Some soups are not. I have even seen people eat tomato soup uncooked/cold. So yes, cereal is soup.

• Fuck yah it is

It is for sure soup, No argument here its food inside a liquid. THats fucking soup. It doesnt have to be hot and it doesnt have to have meatr and veggies (also isnt there veggie like ingredients in some soups like soy and other things?) Thats how i see it for sure

• Breakfast cereal IN MILK is soup

By definition "soup" is "a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water."

Operating term being "typically", meaning that it isn't a requirement.

I think that the idea of cereal needs to be understood, cereal is the grain stuff without the milk, so no cereal on it's own is not a soup, but cereal in milk IS.

Cereal soup. It's what's for breakfast.

• Cereal = soup

Soup is cereal, cereal is soup. Cereal with milk was invented in the year 1547 by a man named Charles Cereal. On his deathbed he stated "Yo peoples, this goop is soup, peace out homeboys" It was created as a soup and this is how it shall remain for ever and ever and ever.

• Cereal = soup

• Cereal is GOOD

SOUP is cereal, the grain isnt soup but the dish is if you warm it up.
    A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A AA A A A A A A A AA A .

• Tickle my titties

Cereal tickles my titties, and this is why it is obviously a soup. The way it caresses my nipples is so divine, and it reminds me of the joyful times I had spend swimming in a bowl of soup. My titties are twiddled by my cereal, and my soup does just the same. I love cereal.

• The liquid milk in your cereal isn't boiling.

If we were to define soup, it can be easily defined as: a bowl of a heated/boiling liquid that can also be mixed with other ingredients.

What cereal is contradicts that definition. Cereal is made of some sort of crunchy flakes mixed in with nice, cold, fresh milk. The total opposite of soup. Plus, cereal eaten as a nice healthy breakfast.

Soup is eaten to calm or heal the body. So if cereal was a soup, wouldn't that change the definition of what soup is?

• In my opinion, a better definition:

Soup: "a liquid food made by boiling or simmering meat, fish, or vegetables with various added ingredients." -Dictionary.Com
    Since cereal is normally not made using such elements as meat, fish, or vegetables, and it almost never requires any preliminary simmering, I cannot morally consider it a soup. Now, my argument is simply based upon Dictionary.Com's definition, and definitions of the same word may vary from dictionary to dictionary, but the definition used by tacoman987 is debatably questionable. The fact that the definition used the word it is attempting to define is alarmingly... Alarming. If you tried to break the definition down and define each individual word, you would eventually attempt to define the word "soup" which you would find is a substance that resembles soup. But what is "soup?" Oh yeah, it is a substance that resembles soup! Wait... As you can see, you eventually run into this baffling, silly cycle. I for one completely agree with triton11 in claiming that breakfast cereal is a soup is positively preposterous.

• Of course it is NOT

Even using that definition, think about cereal. What type of soup does it resemble? Cereal was not made to resemble soup, it was made to give people of all ages a healthy alternative to other breakfast snacks. Cereal starts crunchy and cold, and progressively gets soggy and warm. Soup does the opposite. Due to this logic, cereal is not soup. But it is the shiznits.

• Of course it's not.

It's called "cereal" and it's a category, because there is different kinds of cereal. Soup is a category too, because there are different kinds of soup. It's like saying is my bread meat? Or is my phone a rubber ducky lol? It could be made into a hybrid but it's your life right?

• It's still cereal if it's dry

The debate at hand argues that cereal is a soup because it has solid chunks floating in a liquid mass (forgive the imagery). However, cereal is in fact still cereal if the liquid--the milk--were to be removed, therefore rendering cereal not reliant on the liquid, not liquid-based, and therefore not soup.

• Cereal not soup

Cereal is cereal. Soup is soup. Cereal is not soup. Soup is not cereal. Do you eat your Frosted Flakes in chicken broth? Do you put your chicken and vegetables in milk? No. With that being said, cereal could not possibly be soup.
    This question is very insulting to cereal enthusiasts, I think I'm going to have to report you to Captain Crunch.

• It's fact soup is not cereal.

Soup is with broth and cereal is with milk. You look up the definition of the two and they're different. Do you put milk with chicken and rice? NO you put broth, therefore feral and soup are completely different. Also, as said previously soup is salty and cereal is not.

• Did u really ask this? NO!

Do people call soup soup? Yes! Do people call cereal cereal? Yes! Do people call cereal soup or soup cereal? NO! Cereal is its own catagory, soup is its own catagory. Soup is hot, cereal is (mostly) either dry, wet, cold, or any combination of the two. So ya... Cereal is not soup.

• Soup is specific in what it means

There are many foods that seem similar because they have a liquid property but fall under different categories. These are some of them and they are all classed differently.

-Broth
    -Soup
    -Stew
    -Bisque
    -Chowder
    -Gumbo
    -Oatmeal
    -Cereal

There are differences to why they are named differently, you are free to look this up. Cereal is it's own category. I would say it's biggest difference is that it's solely based on milk, grains, chocolate, peanut butter, fruits or other sweet/desert sugary consistency.

• Cereal is not soup

Cereal is a breakfast food, cereal is hard food that can be eaten with or with out milk. Soup is a food that is made together in a broth, you cant take something out of the soup and call it soup. For example if you took the noodles out you wouldn't call the noodles soup, if you took the chicken out you wouldn't call it soup youd call it chicken.... So my point is that if you took the cereal out of the milk its still cereal, its just dry. Soup is a combination of ingredients while cerial is a food by its self... Could you put cereal into a broth with other stuff? Yes, then you would have a cereal soup. Is cereal a soup by its self? No, so stop asking stupid questions.