• Cereal = soup

Soup is cereal, cereal is soup. Cereal with milk was invented in the year 1547 by a man named Charles Cereal. On his deathbed he stated "Yo peoples, this goop is soup, peace out homeboys" It was created as a soup and this is how it shall remain for ever and ever and ever.

• Cereal = soup

• Cereal is GOOD

SOUP is cereal, the grain isnt soup but the dish is if you warm it up.
    A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A AA A A A A A A A AA A .

• Tickle my titties

Cereal tickles my titties, and this is why it is obviously a soup. The way it caresses my nipples is so divine, and it reminds me of the joyful times I had spend swimming in a bowl of soup. My titties are twiddled by my cereal, and my soup does just the same. I love cereal.

• Tickle my titties

• Yesbich soup=cereal bitch

Cereal is just soup for morning🙏. Soup isn't for the morning. Cereal is for the morning. It taste good in my mouth in the morning, but soup doesnt. I don't like soup. Chickens make soup, cows make cereal. Cows and chickens are the same. Soup would hurt in themorning unless you are demon. Milk from titties

• Cereal is a soup.

The definition of soup is, and I quote "a liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water." Technically cereal is a liquid dish. The definition says typically, not always meaning a soup could contain components other than meant or vegetables. Cereal is a subcategory of soup, therefore it's a soup. And for those of you saying soup requires broth, the definition of broth is "liquid medium containing proteins and other nutrients for the culture of bacteria" I think milk is definitely a liquid containing proteins.

• Fuck this shit

ITS A GOD DAMN FUCKING SOUP. Lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lfvr vfr v frfv rf v rf vr v fr vr v rg vr v rf v rfv r v fr vrf v rf vrf v rf v fr vrf v.

• Fuck this shit

• Illuminati confirmed you know it

/\
    / \
    / ___ \ Omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg OMG omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg oml omg OMG omg omg omg OMG omg omg OMG omg omg omg omg

• The liquid milk in your cereal isn't boiling.

If we were to define soup, it can be easily defined as: a bowl of a heated/boiling liquid that can also be mixed with other ingredients.

What cereal is contradicts that definition. Cereal is made of some sort of crunchy flakes mixed in with nice, cold, fresh milk. The total opposite of soup. Plus, cereal eaten as a nice healthy breakfast.

Soup is eaten to calm or heal the body. So if cereal was a soup, wouldn't that change the definition of what soup is?

• In my opinion, a better definition:

Soup: "a liquid food made by boiling or simmering meat, fish, or vegetables with various added ingredients." -Dictionary.Com
    Since cereal is normally not made using such elements as meat, fish, or vegetables, and it almost never requires any preliminary simmering, I cannot morally consider it a soup. Now, my argument is simply based upon Dictionary.Com's definition, and definitions of the same word may vary from dictionary to dictionary, but the definition used by tacoman987 is debatably questionable. The fact that the definition used the word it is attempting to define is alarmingly... Alarming. If you tried to break the definition down and define each individual word, you would eventually attempt to define the word "soup" which you would find is a substance that resembles soup. But what is "soup?" Oh yeah, it is a substance that resembles soup! Wait... As you can see, you eventually run into this baffling, silly cycle. I for one completely agree with triton11 in claiming that breakfast cereal is a soup is positively preposterous.

• Of course it is NOT

Even using that definition, think about cereal. What type of soup does it resemble? Cereal was not made to resemble soup, it was made to give people of all ages a healthy alternative to other breakfast snacks. Cereal starts crunchy and cold, and progressively gets soggy and warm. Soup does the opposite. Due to this logic, cereal is not soup. But it is the shiznits.

• Of course it's not.

It's called "cereal" and it's a category, because there is different kinds of cereal. Soup is a category too, because there are different kinds of soup. It's like saying is my bread meat? Or is my phone a rubber ducky lol? It could be made into a hybrid but it's your life right?

• It's still cereal if it's dry

The debate at hand argues that cereal is a soup because it has solid chunks floating in a liquid mass (forgive the imagery). However, cereal is in fact still cereal if the liquid--the milk--were to be removed, therefore rendering cereal not reliant on the liquid, not liquid-based, and therefore not soup.

• Cereal not soup

Cereal is cereal. Soup is soup. Cereal is not soup. Soup is not cereal. Do you eat your Frosted Flakes in chicken broth? Do you put your chicken and vegetables in milk? No. With that being said, cereal could not possibly be soup.
    This question is very insulting to cereal enthusiasts, I think I'm going to have to report you to Captain Crunch.

• It's fact soup is not cereal.

Soup is with broth and cereal is with milk. You look up the definition of the two and they're different. Do you put milk with chicken and rice? NO you put broth, therefore feral and soup are completely different. Also, as said previously soup is salty and cereal is not.

• Did u really ask this? NO!

Do people call soup soup? Yes! Do people call cereal cereal? Yes! Do people call cereal soup or soup cereal? NO! Cereal is its own catagory, soup is its own catagory. Soup is hot, cereal is (mostly) either dry, wet, cold, or any combination of the two. So ya... Cereal is not soup.

• Soup is specific in what it means

There are many foods that seem similar because they have a liquid property but fall under different categories. These are some of them and they are all classed differently.

-Broth
    -Soup
    -Stew
    -Bisque
    -Chowder
    -Gumbo
    -Oatmeal
    -Cereal

There are differences to why they are named differently, you are free to look this up. Cereal is it's own category. I would say it's biggest difference is that it's solely based on milk, grains, chocolate, peanut butter, fruits or other sweet/desert sugary consistency.

• Cereal is its own solid food, milk is separate.

Cereal can be eaten on its own, and constitutes a separate dish from milk. Milk, which it is often served with is a great enhancement, but indeed cereal can also be served with yogurt, fruit, or another accompaniment to your personal taste (like water if you're poor or do a lot of drugs). Rather than one singular entity, cereal with milk makes up two separate dishes in a symbiotic relationship with one another. You wouldn't call milk and cookies a soup, and similarly you have cereal, which can be eaten without milk, served with milk as a sauce, with excess sauce forming a separate flavored drink which, although served in the same container, is consumed in a different manner than the cereal.

Additionally you can see that the grain is the primary dish, with the liquid milk being secondary. If you look at the etymology of soup it comes from the word soupe meaning broth or sop in Old French, specifically referring to the practice of pouring broth over old bread. That comes from the Late Latin suppa meaning the same thing coming from the Proto-Germanic seue meaning "to take liquid". If you look separately at broth it also has German roots with the Proto-Germanic word bruthan, which comes from the root bhreue- meaning to heat/boil, or something that has been boiled. There are two key things going here; First, the words are referring to a liquid; Second, there is a strong implication with the use of the language to refer specifically to liquids boiled with meat or vegetables. The 1913 Oxford dictionary reinforces this with the definition, " Soup: n. A liquid food of many kinds, usually made by boiling meat and vegetables, or either of them, in water, -- commonly seasoned or flavored; strong broth." The modern Oxford dictionary reinforces this with the added definition of something that resembles a soup; i.e. the use of the word non-literally.

To break down my logical argument, imagine this is what I'm proposing: if you take crackers and put them into soup, do the crackers *become* soup? And if so, at what point do they cease being crackers? The conclusion is that the crackers will stay crackers until they cease to exist, homogeneous with the soup.

So, therefore you can see cereal is, at once, a singular dish, and a solid food, and is not cooked with vegetables or meat. Conclusively it is incompatible with the meaning of the word soup.