• Why Breaking Bad is the best

Best Acting, Writing, Directing and Cinematography of any show. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul are arguably the greatest acting duo in television history with one of the most original and difficult premises of all time. High school chemistry teacher turned meth kingpin. Slowly but surely Breaking Bad turns its main character from protagonist to antagonist in such a way that people feel conflicted about still rooting for Walter White in season 5. Best show of all time, followed closely by the wire.

• Originality and boldness.

Breaking Bad is Gilligan's version of the Great American Novel. The show will end up an epic journey of close to perfection storytelling and originality. The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Shield and Mad Men are all great shows by different reasons, but I would say that Breaking Bad is the most purest and addicting show ever.

• Its good but NOT the best

Breaking Bad is a terrific show... A contemporary great.I do think it is one of the best.. However calling it THE best is a bit far-fetched. Having watched television for over thirty years, I can name quite a few shows better than this. I.E, Seinfeld, the west wing, mad men, m*a*s*h, the wonder years, the sopranos, homicide; life on the streets, the west wing, dallas etc. I love BB and think it is a unique show and it should be in anyone's top 10 list.. I dont agree that its the best though

• It's good but NOT the best.

• It's good but NOT the best.

• No, it isn't.

Breaking Bad had a well-constructed story but the dialogue was terrible and too formal. Whenever Skylar, Walter and Walter JR communicated with one another, it honestly felt like they had just met. An actual family isn't like that. Anna Gunn's and Betsy Brandt's acting wasn't believable at all, they couldn't display emotion accurately. I give props to Bryan Cranston and Bob Odendirk, they made me enjoy the show a little bit. IMO, the shows that you can make an argument for being the best of all time are The Sopranos and The Wire -- Breaking Bad isn't on their level, never has been and never will be.

• Teenagers love it, grown adults consider it OK.

The reason people love Breaking Bad often bewilders me. Bryan Cranston carried the show with his terrific acting. But, I can't say the same for the others. I won't say whose acting was cringe worthy, because all you have to do is watch the show.

Every one that loves the show will say, "It gets better, trust me. It just takes time." Well, I love the slow burn of a show or movie ONLY if the entire cast can convince me with their acting. It just seems that Bryan Cranston was the only person to convince me.

Shows better than Breaking Bad (in no particular order):
    The Wire
    The Sopranos
    Fargo

Season 5 is the only season I actually enjoyed. The other seasons were mediocre at best.

• The Wire still holds the title.

I loved Breaking Bad; it's a tremendous show. However, in terms of character depth, dialogue and overall scope, BB is very, very limited. I've seen numerous reviews that comment as to how "courageous" or "brave" BB was and those traits are given heavy weight in rating the series on the all-time ladder. If those are the main criteria to judge a show, BB isn't even in the same LEAGUE as The Wire. TW doesn't "hint" at much. It paints an all to real picture of the consequences of every decision we make. BB has a very narrowed focus in that regard, and leaves a lot to suggestion.
    I don't see that as being courageous or brave. It's a way for the viewer to construct their own world outside of the focus of the show, and I like that. What I don't like is calling it something it isn't and then basing a rating on it.
    The Wire > Breaking Bad. You don't have to take anyone's word for it. Just watch the two.