• We are the leaders of the world, always have been.

Of course it is.
    Britain lead the world in technology and culture. Without Britain, the world would be a drastically worse place. The car, the train, electricity, Christianity, football, etc etc.
    All the haters of Britain tend to be the ignorant, arrogant people who can't see facts, we are if not the most, one of the most influential and greatest nations that's ever been in existence, fact.
    So, we've had to trample on others to achieve our glory, so what? NO country is a saint and before you disagree with me, look at the facts.
    I am extremely proud to be British, and I will defend our name to the grave.
    God save the Queen.

Of course it is.
    God save the Queen.

• Sticking to values

I myself am British and have many other friends from different countries, although we may not always be right we have strong values and stick to them. For example our education system and health care are some of the most advanced in the world. Yes we are not the most powerful or economically great but like America we are patriotic and our country is full of love and principles. Our democracy is fair and we do not sit back when there is a natural disaster in the world or discrimination, some of you may say that we interfere but that is only for the good of the people in that country. We may push above our weight but that's what makes us great. And I am proud to be British in every aspect and would never want to be any other nationality as I have so many friends from across the world which would never, I feel be possible if I lived somewhere as awful as France. So say what you want about GREAT BRITAIN yes there are many negatives but in my eyes we are the greatest because it is where I and so many others who live and choose to live in this country are happiest.

• Without a Doubt

We have contributed more to the culture and progress of the world than every other country put together.

We have a non-racist, accepting nationalism which seeks to integrate all Britons under one unifying aegis.

We hail tradition and ceremony, whilst simultaneously having an eye to the future and modernism.

We have gifted the principles of democracy, free speech and common law to the rest of the world.

God save the Queen!

• No half hearts

I have been around this great planet and seen the indescribably and awe inspiring things and loved them all and the one thing I noticed was that britain had touch ed it all, dont get me wrong they are not perfect they left scars and made there mistakes but they corrected them and had the balls to say sorry, what I saw from the legacy of that empire was wisdom, bravery and a sense of doing the impossible! Such a small nation to want and achieve it all, from the spell blinding Australian land to the quiet and extraordinary wilderness of Canada, truely amazing! They fought for freedom and justice by themselves and unbreakable alliance. Theres not title of greatested country in the world but if there was Id vote Great Britain

• Where would the world be without us.

The internet, the car, the train, electricity, the phone and many, many more all come from the UK. Where would fat Americans be without there telephones. They couldn't call the Pizza man. Just think how distraught they would be. Oh yeah and we conquered half the world. Rule Brittania :)!

• Doctor who !!

Great Britain owns the world's longest running Sci-Fi series which happily celebrated it's 50th Anniversary last year on Saturday 23rd November 2013. It's recognized as a truly British Institution and also of popular culture around the world, plus it has another strong connection about Britain's past which we sadly don't see all over the country anymore - the humble Police Public Call Box.

• We invented God

We're all gods in our own way, and we have a long legacy of righteousness and fair play. Britain created the Anglosphere where reason and facts prevail in an otherwise world of rampant corruption, xenophobia and greed. We also gave half of the world the chance to free themselves from the dark ages.

• Yes, the absolute greatest

The culture, way of life and thriving metropolises paired with the most welcoming people in the world make Britain an amazing country and the best in the world, education may be low but half of all students now attend university meaning that Britain is churning out graduates of higher quality than any other country. I could go on forever but the reality is Britain is the best country in the world.

• Yes Britain is the greatest.

So many other countries today are successful because of Great Britain and nothing beats British history, culture, music, film industry, celebrities, safe climate and all-round sporting achievements and also no city in the world out-classes London. France comes close being a brilliant country very similar to Britain and America is an amazing country no doubt but looking overall in most departments; Britain win.

• No

There is no greatest country in the world. But even if there were such a concept, Britain would not be number one. Britain exported slavery and imperialism to dozens of nations across the world that are still struggling with that legacy to this day. Britain was an irresponsible hegemon and we are still reaping the blowback.

• No, They Are Not

Britain is not the greatest country in the world. That title is currently held by New Zealand. That country's dollar has appreciated in recent years and many of the investors in New Zealand have been prospering the last several years. New Zealand has also been able to cut taxes, which is something many countries have not been able to do in recent years.

• Britain you've been here too long

Firstly, people's opinions of what constitutes 'greatness' may be different. As a British person, I've encountered a lot of people who claim the country to be 'great' due to the vast empire. I'd like to mention that (a) that was in the past and is no longer relevant and (b) imperialism doesn't constitute greatness especially when it's done in such an unjust way that Britain did. At the moment, Britain can boast a few things over other countries but the label of greatness should be reserved for a nation which is truly fair to all people and at the same time successful (which only seem to be some Scandinavian countries and New Zealand).

• I hate England, Britain.

Britain is the Nation which has ruined too many other nations. They should mind their own business on their own island and leave everyone else alone. They have ruined the world with their corporations and their greed., and superior attitude. ..All which managed to spread to America early on. Now America too is a miserable place to live too. I guess there was a reason Obama bowed to the Queen. I believed he was just being respectful...But now I see he must owe the woman some allegiance and doesn't give a damn about his own nation.

• Murderous, greedy, empire

This isn't to say all English are bad though. But a lot of them hate tomboys, assuming they are lesbians, and autistic people. The same empire from which Jim Crow would come out of in the colonies? The country that ruled India and Northern Canada, as a result of William Pitt the Elder winning the French-Indian War? That's what you call greatness I don't think so. Much like Denmark and Sweden, the same cultural crap, and same imperial history. No wonder the KKK called themselves "Imperial Wizard."

• No, not anymore.

I believe there was probably a time when the UK was the greatest country in the world, I believe there was a time when that honor went to the USA, but now I would have to say other countries have more respect for themselves, there is no greatest country in the world any-more, if there ever was, but maybe there are better ones to be citizens of, I'm very proud to be British, would never change that, very proud of the history and the culture, but if I was to change citizenship now it would be to Israel, Australia, New Zealand or Canada. All those countries seem to have plenty of self respect and potentially a better standard of living than the previous greatness.

• No, but it's one of the best.

I don't think there is one country that is "the best" in the world. There are many super power countries including Great Britain and the United States. Yet, each country also has flaws. Long ago, Great Britain did conquer a lot of land and build an empire, but that is in the past and those lands have now formed their own countries. Each country can bring something different to the table, so it is impossible to choose the best country in the world.

• Is Britain the greatest country in the world?

I do not think there is one answer to this question that is going to make everyone happy. The answer to this question is going to depend on where you live and how you feel about your country and how you feel about any other country you have visited. Its all perspective.

• I'm afraid not

I lived outside the UK at various times, which provided a good opportunity for evaluation. Even at its imperial peak, its ideology ensured that a few prospered over the backs of the many. Sadly, this is truer than ever now. It's a small and middling place, strangled on its past.

• There Is Not One "Best Country"

I don't think there is a "greatest" or "ruling" country over the world. However, Britain is a magnificent country and creator of several of the world's great inventions, but there were several other inventions that are very important as well that came from other countries such as the airplane (America) , basketball (Canada) , and walkie-talkies (Canada). Each country has flaws, and Britain enforced slavery and did other not-so-great-things, but that was all a long time ago. I get very annoyed when I see debates such as "Americans and Canadians are ignorant and stupid" or "The world would be NOWHERE without us." This is not true and every country has brought something useful to the world. Britain is a great, beautiful country, but it is definitely not the best.