• Inspiration for the LGBT

Google defines hero as, "a person, typically a man, who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities." I think ignoring the people that bash you takes courage, that winning Olympic gold medals is evidence of achievements, but most of all, chasing your dreams and become the person you want to be shows dedication, one of the noblest of qualities.

Look at the suicide rates of people who are gay or transgender. The numbers are super high due to the constant bullying and neglect they receive. They're told they were born wrong, or that they need to snap out of it, or that they're going to hell. A person like CAITLYN Jenner can inspire these people to come out of their shells and inspire them to live their lives, no matter who bashes them.

People complain about how Caitlyn is getting more press and being spoken about more than "real heroes like the vets or the cops," and you just need to look at the facts: they are expected to be heroes. That's why the media and the people talk more about the negative attributes of them, and talk more about people that dare to challenge the status quo.

In conclusion, rather than just thinking about what's happening (a former athlete getting a sex change), think about the effects of such events, like shining a beacon of hope into the dark, lonely world of a depressed transgender.

• All Trans People Are Heroes

In my book, all trans people are heroes. In a world where just stepping outside as yourself will likely result in harassment, bravery is the only way a trans person can even exist. I'm so proud that Caitlyn has not only learned to accept herself, but she is brave enough to share that with the world. You go, girl!

• Not even marginally so.

Those among the LGBT community who see him as a hero should be aware that he is by no means giving the community a good name! I have nothing against transgender people, but if you marry, have children and have a sex change as a grandpa, that is highly irresponsible to your family. It is disgusting that this person is being hailed as a hero of the LGBT community because of what can only be described as an ignorant and irresponsible act.

• He is an Attention Seeking Moron

Bruce Jenner is a useless human being. It does not empower anyone, he does not spread intelligent ideas, he is not a role model. It is just someone who the media forgot about, and now he chopped off its privates so they could remember it again. It is not a hero, it did nothing for this country or its people, and is overall just not a useful person. A true hero is someone who sacrifices, and who does selfless deeds. Since Bruce changed genders, I still refuse to believe that Bruce is a woman, and Jenner can no longer be a man, so I will call Bruce "it", as all transgenders should be called.

• I personally do not believe that he is a hero.

Indeed he is a very great man who has completed many amazing feats in his life such as his time in the Olympics, but being a hero is a very cloudy and relative term. Many people have been considered heroes by the masses but that doesn't mean they necessarily are one. Take people like Hitler and Stalin for example( I don't mean to compare Bruce to these men) but these men were scene as heroes by their people but that doesn't mean they were does it? My personal belief is that instead of spending money on his own desires he could have given to people who needed it more. Thank you and God bless.

• He Did Nothing Special

With some of the talk about Bruce Jenner, I recently noticed some talk about whether or not he is, or isn't a hero. I am on the stance that he is not a hero, but more of the reason of people claiming him as a "hero".

To begin, I like to share the definition of hero. It is defined as: "A person who is admired or idealized for courage, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities". Does he, or I guess now i should say "she", even stand in one of these qualities. He does not! All he did was just went through surgery to change his sex; which multiple people do everyday in the first place. Which I disagree with on the first part, but that's another topic to be discussed in the future.

Changing anyone's sex is the individuals decision, but should more be kept in privacy than showing it to the outside population. No one cares about what you or anyone believes, but keep it to yourself. Its like forcing religion down ones throat, even though it should just be kept to oneself. Just because a man changed his sex through surgery, does not mean he is a hero. There are more heroes out there that actually do heroic deeds, than he, or "she", everyday. Examples being Firefighters, Police Officers, and Soldiers fighting overseas. Also the fact that the Kardashian's themselves are extremely rich, so of course they can afford the money; which makes it not "that" special.

• Spreading Gender Dysphoria

He is not a hero, all he is doing is spreading gender dysphoria. Dysphoria can lead to serious depressions and even suicide. He is saying it is okay to be feeling this way. It is wrong. Also, the rating for a hero has seriously gone down. I know people who have done so much more than him. What about those who serve. Are they to be put in the same standard as someone who "changed" their gender

• Its just for attention

He just changed his gender as a publicity stunt and he is or I'm sorry it is doing it for attention it is stupid to idolize this person people who serve their country and people who are police officers or are firefighters or are emts those are hero's this is just a man who cut off his dick and got a boob job to say he's a woman now

• Substance not Form.

It's how one acts that makes them a hero, not the superficial aspects of their person. Sure, Caitlyn is a woman now, cool, but nothing of any substance has changed, she's the same fame-hungry and not particularly good person she's always been, now she just goes by a different pronoun.

• You cannot change your gender.

Pretending is fun and we all do it, but trying to change your gender is just not right. We are born with either xx chromosomes or xy chromosomes, you cannon change that no matter what you try to do. Bruce Jenner is not a hero and is a man. Nothing can change that.

• You cannot change your gender.

• You cannot change your gender.