• I think it's harsh to say it's better,

But because I fall more towards buddhist beliefs rather than Christian beliefs, I would say it's better. Mostly because it proved a clear and mind calming view to our world. You don't worship someone who apparently lives in the sky and has your whole life planned out and blahblahblah. Buddhism focuses on YOU. Which is awesome and how it should be! I'm not for knocking someone else's beliefs, because how you care to get through life and what makes you happy is your personal business. It's great to believe in something. In my opinion though, Buddhism brings about a more eye opening sense of the world for people. It's more peaceful and well based.

• Coming from an atheist.

I don't see Buddhists going around bombing abortion clinics. I don't see Buddhists saying that the world is 6 thousand years old. If everyone were Buddhists the world would be a WHOLE better place. Buddhism teaching how to eliminate suffering from someone's life. When it is a collective effort to eliminate everyone' s suffering, everyone is happier. If everyone is Christians I cannot see the world being any better than it is now.

• Does anybody read these

I was a Christian, then I became a father. I watched my 8 year old daughter cry when a skywriter wrote, "God Loves You" in the sky, and I realize that people would always be receptive to God. He didn't need to withdraw himself from their presence... With Christianity you have a bipolar God. Jesus is all about love for both Jew and Gentile, yet old testament God told his most precious possession (the souls of the Jewish nation) to commit genocide against the Amalekites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. When I learned this in my old testament bible study class, I could no longer ignore what was being said... Slavery, intolerance for people that CLEARLY are born with biological differences (homosexuality), etc. Buddhism is a far better example of universal ethics, and teaches us a set of tools for living in peace...

• Buddhism is much better for so many reasons

Ive found that many of the christian arguements back themselves up with the bible. However, buddhism doesnt need to back itself up with its own beliefs. There is real evidence that karma and rebirth exist. Im not trying to take shots at christianity, but there are many flaws with its belief system. I think it makes more sense to follow the eight fold path and find peace yourself than to hope people are praying for you to help you out. I was christian and prayed so many times and all it gave me was a waste of time.

• Buddhism supports all people

Unlike Christianity which preaches that non-believers are going to hell and preach exclusionism and superiority, Buddhism actually tell people to look at themselves and not be so attached to everything and not to judge. Buddhist monks are usually vegetarians and they try not to kill living animals for their own needs, so therefore Buddhism is better.

• Find your own light

Its all about your way to discover yourself. The truth is in you but its your work to realize it. Its your own path, where is God when people suffer? He is nowhere to be found, but he loves us? Only human can make our own lives better and make this world we live in better.

• Buddhism does not force you to believe in anything, unlike Christianity.

Do not believe in anything (simply) because you have heard it ; Do not believe in traditions, because they been handed down for many generations ; Do not believe in anything, because it is spoken and rumoured by many ; Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books ; But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yesnyes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes . . . C c c c c c c c. C c c. Cc. C cc c. C c cd e e. S d t r s d d. E s w. W d d

• Yes yes yes

• What is truth?

Buddhists have no standard of truth. They believe in what they see. But how can they be certain that what they see is real, and is true? What if the very standard of truth they are using (experience, reasoning) is flawed? Also, for a Buddhist, it doesn't matter if terrorists are bombing buildings, and if genocide occurs. In the end, they will just join Nirvana, who apparently doesn't care about what the world does. In fact, Nirvana can't even care whether or not Buddhists reach Nirvana, since Nirvana is not personal. In the end, it's either slave away to reach this "nirvana" (who by the way doesn't care about you at all) or fade into non-existence.

• Speaking for an entire population, no, it isn't.

No religion is better or worse than another religion, generally speaking.
    Why?
    Because religion is not a reasonable speech. It is based on faith and faith cannot be proven, it can only be blindly believed.
    However, Buddhism can be better for an individual in particular than for another individual.

Religions should be up to the individuals, as they aren't reasonable speeches. Something that isn't universal, that isn't right for every single person on this planet cannot be forced upon, simply because for me it might be better, but for Jane Doe, it utterly sucks.

• Jesus heals those who are unable to see him

I was once a Buddhist. I didn't believe in God. I didn't believe in Jesus. I thought the Bible was bull, and I didn't think twice about arguing with Christians about how stupid it was to believe in an invisible God.
    One day I went into a church. After the message, I was coaxed into going to the Pastor and getting prayed for. I was in dire straits in my life. I said in my heart, "Lord, if you are real, please give me a sign."
    Upon being prayed for, a current went through me, and I felt love, nothing but the sweetest love I had never experienced fill my heart. I suddenly knew God was real all along, and that he was pure love.
    God had created spiritual eyes within me so that I could perceive him.

I now understand that he loves all Buddhists, only that they don't have eyes to see him. But he can create those eyes. He loves you. Come to Jesus. And read the Gospel of John chapter 9 about how Jesus healed a man born blind. God bless you.

Posted by: Gcvp
  • One is not any better than the other

Buddhism is not a religion as so many claim but rather a philosophy guiding one's decisions in life. Christianity, on the other hand, is a religion in which we follow the God who created our earth, bestowed us free will, gave his life for us, and has revealed himself in a very tangible manner again and again. Where Buddhism and Christianity can be compared is how they have impacted the world. Sure there are extremists in Christianity as there are in any religion, but Christianity's teachings have influenced goodness all over the world including hundreds of aid groups which are helping places in need. Meanwhile, Buddhism is concerned with a very much personal journey which has resulted in peace and harmony in Buddhist cultures, but we don't have this outreach to other people in need. Christianity puts emphasis on the community while Buddhism is more concerned with the individual (which is Ok, but in terms of how it affects the world, Christianity has a more positive impact). If you don't believe me on this, try and think of one Buddhist Outreach group to impoverished places and nations.....You Can't because most Buddhists are to busy meditating and tending to their personal journeys. Although it seemed as if I attacked Buddhism here, I want to end by saying that Buddhism and Christianity don't teach superiority over any other philosophy or belief system. They both aim to do good, albeit on different levels (community vs. Individual), and this is all that really matters. I'm a Christian, but I certainly respect Buddhists and their great philosophy (it's what we Christians are called to do).

• God Loves You

Would you spend your time worshiping a piece of wood when you could experience God's love? In no other religion does it say that someone literally dies for you. God loves all of you so much that he died for you. If your friend died for you, you would cry, but somehow if God dies for you, you wouldn't? Look at how messed up you are, and God still loves you

• No religion is superior to any other.

I was born a Buddhist and am now a Christian. As someone who is quite educated in both religions, I can say both are quite peaceful and share many core beliefs about what the right way to behave is. I find this a common theme throughout most religions. Of course, there are always extremists, but everyone and everyone's beliefs are equal! Faith is not based on scientific facts. We don't really know for sure what the right way is, but the "best way" is irrelevant as long as you harm nobody.

• All religions are equal.

No religion is "better" than the other. All of them are valid ways to achieve spiritual enlightenment, union with God, paradise in the afterlife, eternal bliss, personal fulfillment, or whatever it is you want to achieve. All religions (Buddhism and Christianity included) are equally true paths to attaining a higher plane of reality