• I think it's harsh to say it's better,

But because I fall more towards buddhist beliefs rather than Christian beliefs, I would say it's better. Mostly because it proved a clear and mind calming view to our world. You don't worship someone who apparently lives in the sky and has your whole life planned out and blahblahblah. Buddhism focuses on YOU. Which is awesome and how it should be! I'm not for knocking someone else's beliefs, because how you care to get through life and what makes you happy is your personal business. It's great to believe in something. In my opinion though, Buddhism brings about a more eye opening sense of the world for people. It's more peaceful and well based.

• Coming from an atheist.

I don't see Buddhists going around bombing abortion clinics. I don't see Buddhists saying that the world is 6 thousand years old. If everyone were Buddhists the world would be a WHOLE better place. Buddhism teaching how to eliminate suffering from someone's life. When it is a collective effort to eliminate everyone' s suffering, everyone is happier. If everyone is Christians I cannot see the world being any better than it is now.

• Buddhism is not judgmental and hypocritical as cristianity

First of all, Buddhism is not a religion, it is a philosophy. It educates sentient beings to live more happily by ending our suffocation, with letting go of unnecessary desires in modern world (such as, luxurious lifestyles, lust, fame, and etc). Instead of only judging and criticizing other religions or EVEN cultures, and telling them to go hell if they don't believe in Christ, which i found to be very absurd and childish.

Most of the time, fictional stories of Christianity is all made up by churches, to bait innocent one, notably youngsters, to believe Christ, and contribute the churches with their portion income. And it was many times used to rage wars against government in the olden days, as the churches were/are rich and strong enough to do so.

Also, Buddhism teaches us to respect elders, and prioritize our parents instead of god, because without them, we are nothing. Conversely, many Christians blindly love their 'god', and do not even care for their aged parents, who had been risking their lives to give birth to them, and taking care of them without any condition. I have met a lot of Christians as stated above, but knowing that they are all brainwashed, i didn't want to argue with them, and feeling bad for their parents.

Dont get me wrong, i am not trying to judge Christianity, i also have met some 'normal' and nice Christians which agree with me. I just want to say that, do not blindly follow any religion, as they are not always right. Have some common sense, and think with your conscience.

• Men create his own fate (Buddha's said)

I accept because Lord Buddha said that men create it own fate. It is free, reasonable and practical (Because no one save you except yourself, all is depend on you). For christians, all is created by gods. So who create god? If all are being created by god? So you are slaves not master. Think in your life, If you don't eat, you can't stop hungry, If you don't drink, you can't stop thirsty. It is very simple.

• Coming from someone who has seen both sides.

I don’t believe any religion is generally better than the other. I was raised in a Christian church but found that many people there were judgmental, such as one of my friends is gay and my other friends that went to the church judged him behind his back. I have recently became more interested in the Buddhism religion and found it is much more peaceful and I know myself better and I feel as if I can respond better to situations. Although I do prefer my new faith over my old one I still believe in God but I also believe in karma and fair treatment.

• Buddhism is better than christianity cuz we are not better than christianity

Your religion has lots of goodness and helpful stuff in it, and you should honor and practice that if you like. If you don’t like, you should become agnostic or atheistic and that’s pretty awesome, too. My grandma is a lifelong intellectual agnostic, and she’s the kindest person I know. As an old Christian saying goes, I can see how close you are to God by how kind you are.

Yoga, Christianity, Buddhism, Republicanism, Libertarianism, any ism…none is better than another. That’s not the point. They’re paths of truth, hopefully. Of finding peace, and true happiness. They are not meant to create further war.

• Buddhism teach people to walk on right path while christianity teach people that god exist therefore you must walk on right path

Seriously... As a buddhist myself, i performed in the religious before even as just for celebration of new year and something not related. They let us to use the mixer, mic etc. But Christian... Seriously... I joined music club and just want to borrow a freaking drum from the college chapel for our music club activities, yet they freaking refused!! And gave a reason, this is the holy place or whatever. And i was like what?? Didn't god teach us to do the right thing?? Sadly for Christian is kinda no, god is more important than everything while Buddhism teach us that doing the right thing is your first priority.
    And during Christian function, i found it stupid when they say because god exist and that's why we won't commit crimes. And i thought to myself "civil and order, what's that term for you?" And what even more scarier is that, i never thought the term zombie came to my mind when i watched how Christian pray... Is far from what anime portray or at least in the TV show. And really want them to watch berserk (an anime touches very heavily on religious stuff and the main protagonist is some kind of antitheist and this anime show what i really felt but i'm not an atheist and antitheist. Just that how Christians view really kind of piss me off and the author of berserk.) and sometimes i even thought, is zombie and atheist these terms came up because of christianity?
    You probably relating to extremists but still if 80% of the Christian i met is some people like this... Is kinda terrible for me.

Posted by: le12
  • Buddhism is better

Buddhism teaches one is ownself refuge. No one, but ourselves are responsible for our own destiny. Refrain from doing bad, do all good deeds and purify own's mind is the main teaching of Buddism. Voilence of anykind leads to self destruction. Law of cause and effect is the only answer.

• Does anybody read these

I was a Christian, then I became a father. I watched my 8 year old daughter cry when a skywriter wrote, "God Loves You" in the sky, and I realize that people would always be receptive to God. He didn't need to withdraw himself from their presence... With Christianity you have a bipolar God. Jesus is all about love for both Jew and Gentile, yet old testament God told his most precious possession (the souls of the Jewish nation) to commit genocide against the Amalekites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. When I learned this in my old testament bible study class, I could no longer ignore what was being said... Slavery, intolerance for people that CLEARLY are born with biological differences (homosexuality), etc. Buddhism is a far better example of universal ethics, and teaches us a set of tools for living in peace...

• What is truth?

Buddhists have no standard of truth. They believe in what they see. But how can they be certain that what they see is real, and is true? What if the very standard of truth they are using (experience, reasoning) is flawed? Also, for a Buddhist, it doesn't matter if terrorists are bombing buildings, and if genocide occurs. In the end, they will just join Nirvana, who apparently doesn't care about what the world does. In fact, Nirvana can't even care whether or not Buddhists reach Nirvana, since Nirvana is not personal. In the end, it's either slave away to reach this "nirvana" (who by the way doesn't care about you at all) or fade into non-existence.

• God Loves You

Would you spend your time worshiping a piece of wood when you could experience God's love? In no other religion does it say that someone literally dies for you. God loves all of you so much that he died for you. If your friend died for you, you would cry, but somehow if God dies for you, you wouldn't? Look at how messed up you are, and God still loves you

• No religion is superior to any other.

I was born a Buddhist and am now a Christian. As someone who is quite educated in both religions, I can say both are quite peaceful and share many core beliefs about what the right way to behave is. I find this a common theme throughout most religions. Of course, there are always extremists, but everyone and everyone's beliefs are equal! Faith is not based on scientific facts. We don't really know for sure what the right way is, but the "best way" is irrelevant as long as you harm nobody.

• All religions are equal.

No religion is "better" than the other. All of them are valid ways to achieve spiritual enlightenment, union with God, paradise in the afterlife, eternal bliss, personal fulfillment, or whatever it is you want to achieve. All religions (Buddhism and Christianity included) are equally true paths to attaining a higher plane of reality

• Jesus heals those who are unable to see him

I was once a Buddhist. I didn't believe in God. I didn't believe in Jesus. I thought the Bible was bull, and I didn't think twice about arguing with Christians about how stupid it was to believe in an invisible God.
    One day I went into a church. After the message, I was coaxed into going to the Pastor and getting prayed for. I was in dire straits in my life. I said in my heart, "Lord, if you are real, please give me a sign."
    Upon being prayed for, a current went through me, and I felt love, nothing but the sweetest love I had never experienced fill my heart. I suddenly knew God was real all along, and that he was pure love.
    God had created spiritual eyes within me so that I could perceive him.

I now understand that he loves all Buddhists, only that they don't have eyes to see him. But he can create those eyes. He loves you. Come to Jesus. And read the Gospel of John chapter 9 about how Jesus healed a man born blind. God bless you.

Posted by: Gcvp
  • One is not any better than the other

Buddhism is not a religion as so many claim but rather a philosophy guiding one's decisions in life. Christianity, on the other hand, is a religion in which we follow the God who created our earth, bestowed us free will, gave his life for us, and has revealed himself in a very tangible manner again and again. Where Buddhism and Christianity can be compared is how they have impacted the world. Sure there are extremists in Christianity as there are in any religion, but Christianity's teachings have influenced goodness all over the world including hundreds of aid groups which are helping places in need. Meanwhile, Buddhism is concerned with a very much personal journey which has resulted in peace and harmony in Buddhist cultures, but we don't have this outreach to other people in need. Christianity puts emphasis on the community while Buddhism is more concerned with the individual (which is Ok, but in terms of how it affects the world, Christianity has a more positive impact). If you don't believe me on this, try and think of one Buddhist Outreach group to impoverished places and nations.....You Can't because most Buddhists are to busy meditating and tending to their personal journeys. Although it seemed as if I attacked Buddhism here, I want to end by saying that Buddhism and Christianity don't teach superiority over any other philosophy or belief system. They both aim to do good, albeit on different levels (community vs. Individual), and this is all that really matters. I'm a Christian, but I certainly respect Buddhists and their great philosophy (it's what we Christians are called to do).

• Speaking for an entire population, no, it isn't.

No religion is better or worse than another religion, generally speaking.
    Why?
    Because religion is not a reasonable speech. It is based on faith and faith cannot be proven, it can only be blindly believed.
    However, Buddhism can be better for an individual in particular than for another individual.

Religions should be up to the individuals, as they aren't reasonable speeches. Something that isn't universal, that isn't right for every single person on this planet cannot be forced upon, simply because for me it might be better, but for Jane Doe, it utterly sucks.