Is California in danger of long-term drought that would destroy its agriculture industry?

• Look at history

California's agri-biz (corporate farming) is unsustainable.I am a Missourian.Even here corporate agriculture is ignoring the mistakes of the past that could have lessened the impact of the Dust Bowl.I see the wind breaks of hedge,locust planted by the Missouri conservation dept and the federal government removed to make more room for crops.This type of fence row to fence row farming set up the perfect storm when drought and the dust bowl occurred.No one in our state government is protecting the water table here.Our Dept. Of Natural Resources does whatever agri-biz wants and turns their heads the other way.This is a national problem..Not just a California problem.

• Yes, they are.

California is in danger of a long term drought that would destroy its agriculture industry. Scientists have been warning of this for years, and a big reason as to why this is happening is global climate change. How to combat this, I do not know, but maybe by investing in oceanic purifying sytems.

• Yes, California is in danger of a long term drought that can destroy the agriculture industry.

I think that California is definitely in danger of a long-term drought that can destroy the agriculture industry in the state. California has been facing a lot of periods of droughts that have been very bad for a lot of the agriculture industry. If it continues, I don't see how the industry can survive in the state.

• Not quite destroyed

California has had this issue for many years and we have still been able to survive for this long. With these new drought solutions like saving water and limiting water usage can help California be saved. Sure the industry would be damaged but it will not be destroyed completely as these laws can help revive the industry.

• Not quite destroyed

• I doubt It

I do not believe California, as a whole, is in danger of long-term drought that would destroy its agriculture industry. A lot of these hot beds of agriculture have been using astronomical amounts of water for decades, it's always been dry where they are growing. The emerging problem is the decrease in supply from the Colorado River. The water was stolen in the first place, they shouldn't cry now that they've used up the supply.

• They have preventative measure.

No, California is not in danger of long-term drought that would destroy its agriculture industry, because there are things that California could do in the middle of a drought, such as pump in water or switch to other farming methods, that would save California. Farmers are professionals, and they would know how to deal with a 100-year drought.

• California is not in danger of long-term drought that would destroy its agriculture industry.

California is not in danger of long-term drought that would destroy its agriculture industry. They have the sea running right up the coast of the entire state so they should be getting enough rain in the spots that really need it. I think their agriculture industry is proned to substain the seasons.