• Yes, cannabis does need to be studied in a scientific setting.

Yes, Cannabis Science and Medicine is a needed field. As more states legalize the recreational use of cannabis, research will definitely be needed. Usage will increase, and we will need to know of any possible benefits or problems that occur with the usage of cannabis. We also may find cures for many diseases by researching.

• Yes, cannabis science and medicine can be a beneficial field

Yes, cannabis science and medicine is a needed field. In recent years, research has shown evidence that cannabis has the potential to provide many health benefits to patients who suffer from diseases such as cancer. It is my belief that further research and experimental treatments just might turn up previously unknown advantages that could improve lives.

• Yes, the clinical trials section will present the evidence-based studies on various patient populations using cannabis as medicine.

Cannabis has been used as medicine for centuries throughout the world. In ancient times it was a trial and error approach to determine if something had therapeutic value. As the field of medicine evolved, research protocols were developed and safety standards set. Modern research on the efficacy of cannabis as medicine was halted with its prohibition. With the advent of the War on Drugs, the focus of any research on cannabis was limited to the potentially harmful effects of marijuana. Today, we recognize that cannabis has great therapeutic potential and encourage clinical trials with various strains and preparations of this medicinal plant.

• Focus on other areas.

I think that there might be some smaller benefits to cannabis, but I don't think that it should be a whole field with a lot of time and effort devoted to it. I would rather see research going for things that could save lives, like finding a cure for cancer.