• Don't get me started on this

Charizard is the most overrated pokemon of all time, it's just 5 feet tall, so your dreams of riding him into battle are crushed, unless your Ash's age. I trashed a charizard without even having to use stealth rock, and it was witha gen 5 pokemon (my favorite, in fact, scrafty for life!) and take a look on any genwunner top ten pokemon, 99.9% of the time, mr. Overrated is number 1. Heck, they even show how bad it is in the anime, it almost got killed by the ILLUSION Entei! A freaking illusion almost killed the "all-powerful fire-type" charizard, if any thing I'd go with any thing other than charizard as my kanto starter.

• Charizard is over rated

It is the only starter from kanto that is NU, which is abbreviation fro never used. It is 4x weak to rock type, making it an extremely frail pokemon, Stealth rock shaves off half of its HP, it cannot stand up to even a normal effective move, any STAB would be able to effectively faint it after stealth rock, which is the most common entry hazard in the current metagame. Even in the anime, charizard lost to a blastoise, even after mega evolving.

• Charizard is the worst! Venusaur is the best!

Charizard is no dragon! It's just a lizard! I hate red and fire anyway! I think charizard's and venusaur's popularity should be reversed! I love green and plants! Back on topic, charizard has a double weakness to rock and water! Quantity isn't quality! No matter how hard anyone tries to change my opinion, I will continue to keep only grass types on my team and hate all fire types especially charmander and it's normal and mega evolutions forever!

• Not as much as Pikachu, but yes

Charizard is awesome. Don't get me wrong. But he is rated among the strongest by most fans, which he's not. He wouldn't even actually feature in the top 20 strongest pokemon. However, if you count out legendaries, he might. All in all, Charizard is really cool, but not all that great.

• Yes he is

Charizard is overrated because genwunners keep thinking this is the best and strongest pokemon ever but he is no in boy.It also is bad that they think a fire breathing lizard is a awsome design but a plasma ghost(rotom) that takes over electric things is not good design I dont now what else.Not to mention he extreme weakness to rock

• I agree, Charizard is overrated

One rock type move and it will die. It's weak, and my sceptile could one shot it, because sceptile knows rock tomb. ONE ROCK TYPE MOVE AND CHARIZARD WILL DIE. It's so overrated, and it's not even a dragon type. Everybody chooses him, and it's so annoying. GIVE US SOME VARIETY PEOPLE!

• Yes he is! Duh!

Charizard is worse than blastoise and sucks big time. He is a bad Pokemon who is fat and lazy in the anime. In my opinion, charpoop is the worst Pokemon ever. Please respect my opinion. Please,please,PLEASE PPL!!!!!!! I like venasaur quite a lot more and blastoise WAY more. Yeah. Really.

• He seriously has two megas...

Seriously.
    Kill me please.
    Why does he have more megas than Blastoise and Venusaur?
    IT MAKES NO SENSE!
    CHARIZARD IS LITERALLY JUST A BASIC DRAGON.
    THE MOST BASIC A DRAGON CAN GET.
    WHOOPEYDOOH!
    OHMFG SU GUD
    PLEASE MAKE IT EXTINCT. NOW.
    Oh well. Guess i'll just go back to my blastoise...

• As much as I love Charizard...

... They are just so overly praised by many fans and Nintendo! I am afraid to say that chaizards don't really have a unique or interesting design, they do not pack much of a punch, they can not really take a hit, and even Nintendo saw how bad charizard was, so they gave them two mega evolutions just so that they could catch up to other pokemon!
    ... Well, ok, so it is actually because giving buffs to such an extremely popular pokemon would give nintendo a ton of money... But either way I don't really blame them...

• I like it but,,,

It really is a pretty weak pokemon as much as I hate to admit. It doesn't have an interesting design, it rarely does large amounts of damage, it can never take a hit, and it was so bad, Nintendo knew that it needed two mega evolutions just to catch up with most other pokemon... But not really, Nintendo just saw how much genwunners loved them and decide to spoil the two most popular gen 1 pokemon with two mega evolutions just so they could appease them. Oh well, at least maybe the genwunners can quiet down for awhile...
    Hopefully.

• Not as much as Pikachu,

Charizard is the ultimate dragon, and among Pokemon, he is king!He's a killing machine on wings. He is weak against rock, but that's because he's a flying and fire type, plus he can make up for pretty much all his weaknesses with his strength, speed, flight, and warrior spirit. All you people who don't like him you're all either applying your personal favorite activities too much to things that have nothing to do with them, especially Pokémon. That or you're a bunch of sissies, possibly with bad or no taste when it comes to Pokémon.

• Charizard is awesome

Charizard is the ultimate dragon, and among Pokemon, he is king! A fire breathing dragon can't be beat. Sure there are other Pokemon with features that may be cooler than Charizard, but as a whole, they can't compare. Charizard is a mix of old legend with new story. Charizard is not over-rated, he is the coolest Pokemon.

• Charizard is the best Kanto Starter

Blastoise's stat total is 530, Venesaur's is 525, and Charizard? 534!!! You're probably like,"it's only by 10 and 4," but once you get it to level 100 compare the stats, it's a far bigger difference after that. If you don't believe me, go to bulbapedia and learn something. Also, the fire type moveset has always been better. And swampert is better that blaziken. Movesets don't do anything if you have the highest total stats of any starter.

• Charizard is not overrated

Charizard isn't Overrated. Som kids see the orribile (in my opinion, i personally hate Ash)
    anime, look at Ash's Charizard and say "Charizars is the most powerfull Pokémon!", but real Pokémon fans nows that Charizard isn't that strong. I love Charizard because i like it's design, not because it's strong. I used it in the game and it isn't weak, but it isn't that strong too. A lot of Pokémon fans (POKÉMON FANS, not little kids in love with the anime and this eternal immature child called Ash) love Charizard because it has a nove design, not for its abilities in the competitive game.

• Not at all

Charizard has lost the term of "overrated" and people are just labeling him as this and it's down right retarded. You see him being used less and less it seems like Blastoise is the overrated one here. Donmt bring up the whole genwunners excuse, I want a logical excuse, no conparison to the anime because as you all say, "The anime and games are different." Besides rocks, I want a different reason as to why he's overrated. Bulbasaur and Squirtle are loved too much, I believe the X Y mega forms were given as to remind you he exists and that he isn't just a decorational figure. We all know that fire is weak to water and water is weak to grass. Just realize that some people lie a certain Pokemon you might not, but you don't have to go and disrespect their thoughts by being such a douche over their favorite. Grow up, it's just Pokemon.

• Not as much as Pikachu,

• Recives some major hate

Ok I'm saying this right now that Charizard is my favorite Pokemon so I might be a bit bias here. But when I look at it while it still has its large amounts of fans it also receives a decent amount of hate. Meanwhile its rival Blastoise has little to no hate. Now there's nothing wrong in liking one over the other or loving both equally or hating both equally. But I feel like people need to acknowledge the fact that Blastoise also is rising in popularity. To me I feel both Charizard and Blastoise are overrated.

Again I might be Bias here

• No he's not.

"Charizard is no dragon! It's just a lizard!" He's more that just a simple lizard. He's a killing machine on wings. He is weak against rock, but that's because he's a flying and fire type, plus he can make up for pretty much all his weaknesses with his strength, speed, flight, and warrior spirit. All you people who don't like him you're all either applying your personal favorite activities too much to things that have nothing to do with them, especially Pokémon. That or you're a bunch of sissies, possibly with bad or no taste when it comes to Pokémon.