• Don't get me started on this

Charizard is the most overrated pokemon of all time, it's just 5 feet tall, so your dreams of riding him into battle are crushed, unless your Ash's age. I trashed a charizard without even having to use stealth rock, and it was witha gen 5 pokemon (my favorite, in fact, scrafty for life!) and take a look on any genwunner top ten pokemon, 99.9% of the time, mr. Overrated is number 1. Heck, they even show how bad it is in the anime, it almost got killed by the ILLUSION Entei! A freaking illusion almost killed the "all-powerful fire-type" charizard, if any thing I'd go with any thing other than charizard as my kanto starter.

• Charizard is over rated

It is the only starter from kanto that is NU, which is abbreviation fro never used. It is 4x weak to rock type, making it an extremely frail pokemon, Stealth rock shaves off half of its HP, it cannot stand up to even a normal effective move, any STAB would be able to effectively faint it after stealth rock, which is the most common entry hazard in the current metagame. Even in the anime, charizard lost to a blastoise, even after mega evolving.

• Charizard is the worst! Venusaur is the best!

Charizard is no dragon! It's just a lizard! I hate red and fire anyway! I think charizard's and venusaur's popularity should be reversed! I love green and plants! Back on topic, charizard has a double weakness to rock and water! Quantity isn't quality! No matter how hard anyone tries to change my opinion, I will continue to keep only grass types on my team and hate all fire types especially charmander and it's normal and mega evolutions forever!

• Not as much as Pikachu, but yes

Charizard is awesome. Don't get me wrong. But he is rated among the strongest by most fans, which he's not. He wouldn't even actually feature in the top 20 strongest pokemon. However, if you count out legendaries, he might. All in all, Charizard is really cool, but not all that great.

• Yes he is

Charizard is overrated because genwunners keep thinking this is the best and strongest pokemon ever but he is no in boy.It also is bad that they think a fire breathing lizard is a awsome design but a plasma ghost(rotom) that takes over electric things is not good design I dont now what else.Not to mention he extreme weakness to rock

• He is the most overrated pokemon of all time!

The anime really focuses WAY TOO MUCH on Charizard. I mean, Charizard was Ash's only of the Kanto Starters that evolved in the anime and it didn't evolve once but twice! The anime writers even made it so Mega Charizard X beat the Ultra powerful Ash-Greninja! How did Ash-Greninja beat a Mega Sceptile WITHOUT Ice Beam, but not Mega Charizard X? Game Freak even puts Charizard against Blastoise when the outcome is obvious, water beats fire. Have you seen Charizard's defenses? They are horrible! Even his TWO Mega Evolutions have one bad defense. Blastoise on the other hand, is awesome. He is all about defense over offense, and that is GREAT! While he can be overshadowed by other water type Pokemon that are better, his Mega Evolution gives him a HUGE boost in his Special Attack (Highest of ALL non-legendary Water type Pokemon) and an average boost in both of his defenses. Overall, Charizard is focused too much in the anime, and he is just a terrible Pokemon overall.

• There is nothing interesting about its design. Gamefreak gave it to mega evolutions.

Its a dragon, unlike other starters from other generations the design is boring. Its an orange dragon. With a flame on its tails and wings. Emboar's design is bad but at least it looks like gamefreak put some effort into its design. I also hate that it's the only pokemon from the generation 1 starters with two mega evolution. Game freak can't stop fans from liking one pokemon more than another but at least they should try to give every starter the same amount of important. Like with ash-greninja in generation 6.

• I agree, Charizard is overrated

One rock type move and it will die. It's weak, and my sceptile could one shot it, because sceptile knows rock tomb. ONE ROCK TYPE MOVE AND CHARIZARD WILL DIE. It's so overrated, and it's not even a dragon type. Everybody chooses him, and it's so annoying. GIVE US SOME VARIETY PEOPLE!

• Yes he is! Duh!

Charizard is worse than blastoise and sucks big time. He is a bad Pokemon who is fat and lazy in the anime. In my opinion, charpoop is the worst Pokemon ever. Please respect my opinion. Please,please,PLEASE PPL!!!!!!! I like venasaur quite a lot more and blastoise WAY more. Yeah. Really.

• Not as much as Pikachu,

Charizard is the ultimate dragon, and among Pokemon, he is king!He's a killing machine on wings. He is weak against rock, but that's because he's a flying and fire type, plus he can make up for pretty much all his weaknesses with his strength, speed, flight, and warrior spirit. All you people who don't like him you're all either applying your personal favorite activities too much to things that have nothing to do with them, especially Pokémon. That or you're a bunch of sissies, possibly with bad or no taste when it comes to Pokémon.

• Charizard is awesome

Charizard is the ultimate dragon, and among Pokemon, he is king! A fire breathing dragon can't be beat. Sure there are other Pokemon with features that may be cooler than Charizard, but as a whole, they can't compare. Charizard is a mix of old legend with new story. Charizard is not over-rated, he is the coolest Pokemon.

• Charizard is the best Kanto Starter

Blastoise's stat total is 530, Venesaur's is 525, and Charizard? 534!!! You're probably like,"it's only by 10 and 4," but once you get it to level 100 compare the stats, it's a far bigger difference after that. If you don't believe me, go to bulbapedia and learn something. Also, the fire type moveset has always been better. And swampert is better that blaziken. Movesets don't do anything if you have the highest total stats of any starter.

• Charizard is not overrated

Charizard isn't Overrated. Som kids see the orribile (in my opinion, i personally hate Ash)
    anime, look at Ash's Charizard and say "Charizars is the most powerfull Pokémon!", but real Pokémon fans nows that Charizard isn't that strong. I love Charizard because i like it's design, not because it's strong. I used it in the game and it isn't weak, but it isn't that strong too. A lot of Pokémon fans (POKÉMON FANS, not little kids in love with the anime and this eternal immature child called Ash) love Charizard because it has a nove design, not for its abilities in the competitive game.

• Not at all

Charizard has lost the term of "overrated" and people are just labeling him as this and it's down right retarded. You see him being used less and less it seems like Blastoise is the overrated one here. Donmt bring up the whole genwunners excuse, I want a logical excuse, no conparison to the anime because as you all say, "The anime and games are different." Besides rocks, I want a different reason as to why he's overrated. Bulbasaur and Squirtle are loved too much, I believe the X Y mega forms were given as to remind you he exists and that he isn't just a decorational figure. We all know that fire is weak to water and water is weak to grass. Just realize that some people lie a certain Pokemon you might not, but you don't have to go and disrespect their thoughts by being such a douche over their favorite. Grow up, it's just Pokemon.

• Not as much as Pikachu,

• No he is not

He is awsome to me, you guy cant say anything more awsome than a fire breathing dragon okay, stop saying that charizard is overated ok, beside, just because you hate it doesnt mean it overated. People like charizard because he is a badass fire breathing dragon. So he is not overated

• Charizard is NOT overrated its just loved by many fans!

Charizard is personally my favorite pokémon ever. Since gen 1, it was my go to pokemon to get me out of sticky situations whether i lost or not. Alot of people say it is super overrated but I think its just one of those pokemon that kids as well as adults seem to like just by looks alone! Charizard is not a dragon type pokemon unlessen of course you mega evolve it, however, its physical characteristics strongly takes after a dragon. If you hold up a picture of a turtle and a dragon and ask someone which creature do they think would win in a death match. Most people would point to the dragon, so physically it is VERY ATTRACTIVE! As far as power...It is not the strongest pokémon, however it is a decently powerful pokémon. And for all of you competitive players out there, Charizards strongest stats are its special attack and its speed as most of us competitive players know. But when the first pokemon games sold in america( Red and Blue) Blue actually had more sells than Red, by almost 2000 sells to be exact, but I think most of Charizards fame came from the anime and the trading card game. In the anime, Charizard is arguably ash's strongest pokemon in the first gen. Despite Charizard's disobidiance towards ash, Charizard eventually came around to like ash and when it did, boy was it powerful! It took down articuno, magmar, even blastoise despite its type advantage! Most people will say that, in that specific moment when Charizard beat Blastoise, Charizard became overrated because technically it should not have won. However i believe the anime wanted to make a message to kids and people in general that despite the obstacles(in life) that may appear to have an advantage and even the capabilities to defeating you, trusting in your pokémon as well as yourself can create many many victories for you. Now on to the trading spectrum, Charizard is the most sought after pokémon card in history. Its uper rare and it looks awesome in my opinion, it is also quite useful and powerful granted one knows how and when to use it. So all in all I don't think Charizard is overrated( like pikachu lol) but rather it tends to grab alot of peoples attention with either via its history or its striking good looks!

• He was not even my 1st Pokemon, it was Chimchar. Gen 1 was the 6th generation I played.

Weaknesses? HAH! He has at least one move for every one of them. Electric: E-quake and Bulldoze. Water: set up sunny day with drought and Solar Beam away and Thunder Punch. Rock: 1st, what idiot would bring him in wih stealth rocks out? 2nd, Volcarona, another fan favorite Pokemon is quad weak to it, yet he gets a pass. 3rd, focus blast, iron tail, and E-quake. Do I even need to tell you how great his Mega X form is? Speaking of, ou all can say what you want about his 2 Megas, but at least the other 2 got one. I do like Greninja, however why does he get a special transformation while the other 2 don't?

• Recives some major hate

Ok I'm saying this right now that Charizard is my favorite Pokemon so I might be a bit bias here. But when I look at it while it still has its large amounts of fans it also receives a decent amount of hate. Meanwhile its rival Blastoise has little to no hate. Now there's nothing wrong in liking one over the other or loving both equally or hating both equally. But I feel like people need to acknowledge the fact that Blastoise also is rising in popularity. To me I feel both Charizard and Blastoise are overrated.

Again I might be Bias here