• It is the only way

"For God so loved the World that He sent His one and Only beggotton Son' God wanted us to be with Him so much He sent Christ to gives us a path to have a relationship with Him. What most people don't want to hear is the God is just and sin cannot enter His presence. Without Jesus preparing the way we could not have any chance to be with Him, all of us.

• Yes, it is.

Christianity as a relationship to me is a relationship between Jesus or you might say God and man. Christianity started when Jesus died on the cross to remove the barrier that Adam and eve made when they disobeyed God. People say they will believe till they see, but wait till the Judgement day comes, let's see if you'll believe then.

• Jesus is Lord of all

My relationship with the living God is Jesus! Jesus didn't die so we could have these mega big churches in which all they do is help their selves to the collection plates. I attend church, i watch what God is doing in that church, and I can tell you that the pastor is not living in a multimillon dollar home nor drives a fancy car. He knows that his job is to convey the word of God.

• Lol, it could be

There are a lot of qualities that come with relationships that may vary between one another, but in the end the thing that all relationships have in common is that relationships force you to do sh** you do not want to do..... And Christianity does exactly that!

No one wants to wake up at 8:00 on a sunday and go to church from an hour, no one wants to put in spare change into the bowl they pass around, no one wants to go to church school after regular school in the weekdays, and just about everyone has a few parts of the Bible they dont believe in even though they technically are supposed to...... Christianity is a relationship since it makes you do sh** you dont want to do on a regular basis, which is the keystone of being in a relationship

(Im trolling for those of you who didnt pick up on it)

• It should be

Of course by definition Christianity is a religion but to me it is much more. Many people don't see the relationship side of Christianity and to them God is someone that remains distant through out their lives. I view it very much like the relationship someone has with their father. Someone who watches over you, protects you, mentors you and loves you for who you are in spite of our numerous faults. Being a Christian isn't about following rules and wasn't meant to be experienced at arms length. Jesus said it himself and I find it so sad to see how hateful so many Christians have become and claim to do it in His name.

• It is when your born of the spirit and the Holy Spirit lives in you. Only possible thru Christ who you believe in via faith.

John 14:6-14 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!” Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. Just believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or at least believe because of the work you have seen me do. “I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it!

• It is not

A relationship is bound by sex. You can not psychically have sex with Christ or Jesus so it is not a relationship. I mean you could try but it would be hard, you would have to cut holes in the bible that are proportionate to certain boby parts. It is a theory that is possible to try though.

• An Imaginary Friend Doesn't Count

Now listen, unless you can prove the existence of this person you claim to have a relationship with then you cannot claim that you have that relation because that person, by definition, does not exist and therefore you cannot form a consenting relationship with them. Also, this would go for EVERY religion, not just Christianity.

• You can't have a relationship with yourself.

Relationships require more than one party- Christians cannot illustrate there is more than one party involved.
    Even leaving that out- Christianity is by every definition of the word a religion, which is a set of beliefs regarding the worship of a superhuman power, usually a deity. That is Christianity. Trying to wiggle out of the bad connotations now associated with the word "religion" is just cheap.

Plus, you don't see those Christians who claim it is a relationship not a religion turning over their due taxes from their church- after all, if Christianity is a religion its churches aren't tax exempt. They also don't get exceptions from discrimination laws and healthcare mandates. And Christians would no longer have any legal rights under the First Amendment- because hey, it's not a religion, right Christians?

• Relationship is a two-way street that forks off into a vat of acid.

It seems lately, or since Christianity's inception in the Greek age that fundamental misunderstandings of concepts has been as commonplace as a church service in America. The definition of a religion is: A) The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. A personal God or gods. B) Details of belief as taught or discussed. C) A particular system of faith and worship. D) A pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance. It can be anyone of these. Now, to be a Christian means you believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and also in the Abrahamic God, Yahweh; but at the same time by worshiping either of these you submit that they are greater than you. By saying you believe and at the same time don't believe is equivalent to saying you are a Christian but are not religious, a contradiction worthy of religion. Huzzah!

• No, not for the majority of Christians

The majority of Christians are Catholic. The next closest majority denomination are orthodox. Christians in the US do not represent Christianity. For the majority of Christians it is not a relationship at all. It's an illusion that christianity represents a unified group, the views vary widely across the world. + relationships = sex as seen above.

Posted by: 2-D
  • Christianity is not a relationship.

Relationships are based on frequent interactions between two or more people. So, if you're a Christian, I'd love to know when was the last time Jesus stopped by to physically eat dinner with you. Or give you a phone call. Or wrote you a letter, touched you when you were sad, took you to a movie, held your hand, greeted you at the door when you got home from work and told you how he thought about you all day, hugged you, made fun of you for doing something dumb, told you how nice you look, gave you grief for buying something that you shouldn't have, brought you lunch while you're working, bought you a puppy, or went on a road trip with you?

Don't tell me he's in your heart. That means nothing to me. I want pics.

• No, based on the image

This isn't a mocking post suggesting that you can't have a relationship with Christ because he's "imaginary" or something. I believe Jesus founded a religion. He practiced a religion: Judaism. He founded a religion, or perhaps brought the old religion to its fullness we might say, but I wouldn't call it "Christianity" (that's a rather convenient phrase we use). I would call it the way of the cross, a way of personal negation and suffering for the sake of others because it is what God desires of us most of all.

He said to act in certain ways, do certain things, congregate with people who also do those things, and get other people to do those things too. That all sounds like a religion to me. But I don't see that it excludes a relationship either. So call it a false dilemma or false dichotomy. Practice the way of the cross, build a relationship with Jesus. Seems you can do both.