• Ephesians 4 : 2-3

As many people have said before, Christmas has been greatly commercialized and made secular over time, but this doesn't change the fact that Christmas is a celebration of Christ's birth. Now that isn't to say that he was born on this specific day, this is just the day that Christians choose to get together to celebrate his coming, no matter when it happened.
    Since we're slinging mud at tradition, its only fair to point out that the only reason that secular families celebrate Christmas is because, way back when, their ancestors celebrated it, and it became a tradition to give presents at this time of year, and the religious aspect of it just became less important, and eventually non-existent, but they still celebrate it because its become a tradition. I bet the majority of the people arguing that Christmas is not a religious holiday, celebrated Christmas with their parents, who celebrated with their parents, etc.
    So celebrating a secular Christmas, without Christ, is just as much a tradition as celebrating a religious Christmas, that focuses on Christ's birth.
    But all this is irrelevant in this argument as holidays, in general, mean different things to different people. Some take them more seriously than others. So its just important to be sensitive of other's beliefs regardless if they're different from your own.
    I say that Christmas is a religious holiday, but if you don't, I'm not going to hate you, just pray for you. ;)
    --A High School Junior

Ephesians 4:2-3 “with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”

• Cant take Christ out of Christmas

Christmas is the celebration of Jesus's birth. Unfortunately lately its been commercialized to the point where almost no religious aspect remains in mainstream society. They even play the music months in advance, which makes me sick. I wish more companies and media stayed true to the Christian holiday it is.

• Yes it is. Christ is even in the Holiday name CHRISTmas

The magi were kings from the East, wise men who traveled a great distance following a star, to find the Christ child and to bring him gifts. The visit of the Magi to the Christ child was originally celebrated on the Feast of Epiphany on January 6th. Over time, the tradition of giving gifts came to be more associated with Christmas than with Epiphany. It is the time from Christmas to Epiphany in the Church calendar – from December 25th through January 6th – that is recognized as the “twelve days of Christmas” from the old Christmas carol.

• I cant think of a title.

As a christian, I believe it is a religious holiday. The bible does not say when Jesus's birth is, but we use December 25th as a day to celebrate it. December is also a month to celebrate St. Nicholas's feast day, which is technically Santa Claus. (Also the fact that people would just celebrate a fat guy breaking into your house on Christmas seems like a waste of a holiday, but if thats what you like, Im not gonna argue. And to those who say all christians should die or move to another planet, were taking Christmas with us) Have a nice day :)

• Pope Julius I

Pope Julius I was the pope that recognized December 25 to be the day to celebrate the Birth of Jesus. Prior to the churches recognition, Roman Emperor Constantine recognized Christmas on December 25, 336 A.D. Since then Christmas has been a day to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Thank you for taking time to read this, God Bless you and Merry Christmas!

• Pope Julius I

• Pope Julius I

• Of course it is.

The hole point of ChristMas is the celebration of Jesus Christ the celebration of God's only son in the world. The only reason the religious origin of Christmas has come into question is through a bizarre alliance between fundementalist protestant Christians and neopagans who all entertain the idea the ridiculous idea the Christmas is pagan holiday b with little other than vague and obscure references to back it up. Date of December 25th was chosen by John crystom through his analysis of the Jewish and Julian calendar in the new testament. He pointed out the Mary had Jesus six months after the conception if his cousin John the Baptist. After the Jewish new year meaning Mary's pregency was in March and ended in march. According to John Cyrstentom.

• Of course it is

I'm also a middle school student grade 7 and I disagree with you it definitely is a religious holiday. It might not be the exact day that Jesus was born but this is the day that was chosen to celebrate Jesus's birth. CHRISTmas is even the name of the holiday as in Jesus CHRIST. Christmas is a Christian holiday people who practice other religion have other holidays and Christians don't celebrate those holidays. I want to know if you think Easter is a religious holiday if you say yes then why isn't Christmas they both are to celebrate important events in Jesus's life.

• Why not ?

Why not? A a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• I agree that it ISN'T a religious holiday.

Many people of different religions celebrate Christmas just to be with loved ones. I am a middle school student in the 8th grade. My age is 14 and I just celebrate to be with family and friends. Whoever says that Christmas IS a religious holiday limits who can celebrate it.

• Of course it isn't

It's been spun into one over the many years. It's suppose to represent Jesus birth, but he wasn't born on that day. The bible never states when he was born, the date was adopted by priest to coincide with the pagan ritual.. So no it's not a religious holiday. So thane Christ out of Christmas

• No Certainly Not

How anyone can any longer associate religion with the gross mass marketing of big business in the name of Christmas is beyond me. Its not just Christmas but Easter aswell. Those of conscience observe (or try to) a religious meaning behind the holiday whilst the marketing sales big wheel brainwashes weak minded people into spending more than they can afford on crap that has no meaning other than to satisfy ones lust for material possessions. Shame on all those that fall for it.

• No it is not Christian.

Historians say that Jesus was not even born around wintertime. Also, look in the bible, there is no mention of Christmas.
    I am not a Christian yet I still celebrate Christmas. It has been turned into a commercial holiday by western and English speaking countries. The UK and America get into a huge hype of Christmas and Santa and the holidays. Christmas is used as retailers by an excuse for people to buy stuff.
    That being said, it's a wonderful holiday and it's magical for children. It's also a great time to get together with family and be thankful for all you have (it strongly echoes Thanksgiving). It's also a wonderful time to give back to the community.
    I love Christmas a lot, and always have, it's just not a Christiam holiday.

• Is Xmas in the Bible? No!!!!

Cannot associate the name of Christ with a lie, so Xmas is the appropriate name. Do a search for Christ....Mas in an online bible, results zero, not found. Now read from Genesis to Revelation and find one commandment or instruction to do all the things associated with Xmas, again non found. All are man made & pagan traditions handed down for generation to generation.

• It never was

Christmas was never a happy-go-lucky religious birth celebration. If you actually knew the history, it was a pretty dark and scummy 'holiday'. Lawlessness, murder and the sorts were celebrated and later on; to try and hide that history religions decided to just "assign" the day as the birth of Jesus and call it a religious holiday. Of course all these years later it worked in that barely anyone knows the origin behind it.

• It's a commercial holiday.

It has been celebrated across the globe where people might not be Christians. It's now become a cultural or commercialized festival rather than a religious holiday.
    People nowadays celebrate it merely by exchanging gifts, spending time with friends and families, and it doesn't necessarily mean that people celebrate because of the birth of "Jesus".

• Because Jesus was not born on this date.

This is not a religious holiday, because on the date when Mother is Jesus Merry was conceived with Jesus and she was eating ripped dates, according to this criteria it was in summer, Not and never in December. And now a days it has become a marketing scam and not for worshipping.

• Not exactly religious

It's a "national" or Federal holiday, but as with most developed countries of the West it is now primarily secular, though for some it still has deep religious significance. Many irreligious people (agnostics and even atheists) happily celebrate in one way or another a SECULAR Christmas, as do peoples of non-Christian background such as Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, and Jews.

• Not exclusively

While Christmas was originally a Christian holiday celebrating the 'birthday' of Jesus, even though Jesus, if he even existed, was born some time in March or April, it has since been secularized and is celebrated by many non-Christians as a day of being with family and friends and exchanging gifts. Christianity no longer owns, and in fact never did own, Christmas.