• Commercialized Christmas has gotten way out of control

Christmas is too commercialized thas my opinion over rated exspensive thas my debate and opinion................My poll would say overrated commercialized alot of money being spent people dont use some of the things you get them unless its used everydaynot just once a year or once a month toys get put aside after a day use

• Christmas is too commercial

Advert fill our head with false ideas that we 'need' their products when it should be a time of being grateful and spending time with family. Present sharing is a nice thing to do but not when it becomes an entitlement and far too expensive. The waste at christmas is also terrible for the planet

• Christmas is too commercialised

I feel that the true meaning of christmas is being forgotten and yes, anyone can celebrate it, but for the majority of us we only think about presents and money rather than what christmas is meant to be about; family time, relaxation and happiness. Winter wonderlands are taking over everything and in some cases that is all some people think about. So I feel that we need to do something about this.

• Christmas is too commercialised

• Capitalism shouldn't intrude religion.

There is nothing wrong with capitalism, but it is being used right now to distort a religious holiday. "What does Christmas mean to you?" is a bad question. It celebrates the birth of Jesus. Celebrate it however you want, it's still the birth of Jesus. Giving is good, but look at all of the holiday gimmicks. Every commercial on TV has some festive theme along with advertisement. Coca Cola, car dealerships, and Christmas sales especially. This question isn't a matter of how you celebrate Christmas, it's a matter of how it's advertised. Christmas is very commercialized.

We celebrate our birthdays and other important personal anniversaries with gifts, This, I understand. Christmas is a day we set aside to recommit ourselves to our Creator. It is His birthday, we rededicate ourselves to Him as a gift. Perhaps we could set a day aside for the Non Christians among us, something special for everybody, a "God's Day" . Nearly all people have a belief in some higher power (with the exception of atheists) Commercialization is the product of greed, produced by the greedy corporations to fill their own pockets.

• Commercialized christmas opinions christmas is overrated alot of monet

• No it's is not

We can't help it the fact that we spend too much money on Christmas we just want to make our kids happy because we fear if we do not get what they want then we will let them down, we still do celebrate Christmas with family but not all people are religious.

• Christmas spirit and thanksgiving

Christmas is not a huge commercialising, commercialising gets you dreagged into the Christmas spirit. some commercials have gifts that you won't to buy for your family members. Or some ideas of some your decorations or some embellishments for your Christmas tree or your functiom. This would be a great opportunity for all of us to have fun enjoy your presents. They might be some competitions you would like to join in I think It would be a great opportunity

• There is no true 'meaning of Christmas' anyway

For starters, I don't agree that Christmas is all about presents, because people still value spending time with their family. Large family meals are still popular. Most people stay in with their families on Christmas Day. While the religious element is now less relevant, the religious element was always false. It was simply a means of instilling Christian ideals to the Pagan Solstice festival. The meaning of Christmas has changed over time, but to say that it's too commercial is strange when companies can only promote products because people still want to give others gifts, to show how much you appreciate them.

• It is what you make it.

You can choose what to focus on during Christmas. There is fun in purchasing gifts for those who you love and for those who are in need. One of the problems is that buying gifts is becoming more and more difficult for those who need nothing that you can afford. With so many using the credit card there is a culture of instantaneous gratification which does not wait for Christmas to get what one wants. So, Christmas can be too commercial if we see it as what we will receive for ourselves, but it is also a time when we can focus on giving to those who have a need.

• It is but we can't help it

Christmas is way too commercialized, incredibly but we just can't help it. In our generation, people care about the presents and always anticipate this holiday. It's not like they only care about the presents either, it's more of the essence of the holiday spirit i guess. I mean what do you expect, Christmas has escalated to be such a big holiday and so what business wouldn't try to cease the opportunity. You can't expect a business or something to not ride the 'Christmas spirit' to sell and such. I for one think it's too commercialized also, I cringe when I start seeing Christmas items on sale when it's still October/November but then again, I also enjoy the whole presents and gathering together feel of Christmas because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the actual day. I acknowledge that Christmas is meant to celebrate the birth of Jesus and that its about the love and care but we can also see this through the buying of presents and the gathering of family. So what I'm trying to say is that Christmas is far too commercialized but there are positive points to it...

• Christmas is too commercial

• Christmas is not commercialized

Christmas is a time where people and generations come together celebrating together. Where the presence of being love and getting attention is available with the love of family. Its of many belief and surprise to give another a present ,perhaps something the person truly wants even though its expensive they buy it for them to be happy. Christmas is a time of joy and happiness and everyone should have a bless time ,enjoying each moment because Christmas is once in a year!
    Written by: Aleem pashaw

• Present promote generosity

Christmas is a time of giving and what way to promote generosity and sharing then to buy gifts for loved one. Decorations to put up together, and presents to enjoy together. Christmas is about family and enjoying the holiday together, but presents and gifts do not prevent that. If anything they promote that.

• It is not too commercialized.

It was stolen from the pagan winter equinox celebration, so technically does not belong to any religion, and should as a result be open to interpretation. Also, it's not the fault of shops advertising their stuff, because they are just doing their jobs and should not be prevented form it.

• I say no

I feel that although most children get what they want for Christmas some do not and are happy with what they have.For example when your Nan gets you something you do not like but you still are great full and do not get angry unlike what other people without children think that its like.