Is cinema meant for entertainment (yes) or education (no)?

• Movies are Educational

I noticed that when I watch movies in theaters it and at home I learn messages and morals in the films that is inspire me. Movies show plots and stories that people can relate and lead to a lesson,message and morals that enriches and inspires our lives and improve us.

• Cinema can be meant for education

Besides providing entertainment and amusement, cinema also provides a kind of education. By showing on the silver screen the tales of action, adventure stories, lives of great people, as well as of successful men and women in different walks of life, the cinema gives us a taste of every field of life. Films have the ability to enlighten and enrich our knowledge.

• Cinema Meant for Education and Entertainment

While the Cinema is mostly available for entertainment, moviegoers can become educated on various topics by seeing films. The first purpose of the theater is entertainment, though. Action and adventure films dominate the box office, as do romantic comedies and similar movies. Less serious movies tend to thrive because they're meant to entertain audiences.

• Cinema is entertainment with education values

All types of Cinema, whether it'd be film,television, or theater, is based around being entertainment. Especially movies. However, you can also grasp some educational values from cinema, as well. For example, a film can teach you about a particular culture, how things were in the 18th Century, or even about a real life famous human being.

• I mostly agree

You can have entertainment AND education in cinema. At one point, I think cinema used to broadcast most educational things. But cinema has become so popular and the main reason has been for entertainment purposes. People spends so much money to be entertained and one of the main media outlets has been cinema.

• Cinema can be meant for education