• In my opinion

I personally prefer to listen to classical music (I presume this includes mediaeval, baroque, romantic, and 20th century music?).
    I find it to be so much more varied than other styles - from Penderecki's tone-cluster music to early Gregorian chant. It also generally suits my tastes better than other genres.
    Of course, this is all subjective; there is no "better" genre.

Posted by: CCE
  • It definitely is.

Classical music is much better, in my own opinion. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of good country songs (though it's not my personal style), but I think classical reaches something that country typically fails to reach. The training that often goes in with properly singing and playing classical music is so much so that a classical musician can know a lot about music intellectually as well as instinctively. The music can be stimulating to think about or beautiful to listen to for the sake of listening, with just as much emotion but often more musicality.
    Classical spans over such a wide genre (from the Well Tempered Clavier to much of the Star Wars soundtrack) and has had a wide influence in many genres, thus rendering the point about country being more popular (which it's definitely not in all countries, anyway) moot. Besides, "popular" does not always connote "better."
    Anyway, while I see the points made by those who say no, my opinions make me side with yes.

• Classical is Better

Keeping in mind that this is simply a matter of opinion I will say that classical music is better than country music. The reason is that over the past 10 years the idea of country music has changed so much. Songs that simply shouldn't be considered country are being classified as country which is diluting the genre.

• No country music is better

I think that country music is better than classical music since country music appeals to a larger variety of people. I think more people like and enjoy country music over classical music in this day and age, which makes country music more appealing and better liked and more listened to than classical music.

• Country music is the best

Country music is a lot more interesting and better to listen too. I would rather listen to country over classical anyday. . . . . . . . . . . . . , . . . . , . . . . . . . . . . .