• College is necessary.

College is usually necessary for professional jobs. If a job required specialized knowledge, people need to learn it from professionals. College is an important time of transition for young people. It is a bridge between high school and adulthood, and it helps people learn to be independent and self sufficient.

• Social pressure and economic waste

I don't know about you but all throughout my high school and even middle school education where we are constantly pushed toward college. But as i went through a lot and when I say that I am not putting it lightly. There came a conscientious where I realized that there are more than plenty other more affordable ways to get the education required to do jobs with college requirements. One that works for plenty is if going into science IE. Computer or industrial or others the Navy is a great option.

• No, it should be a choice

Not everyone can afford to go to college. Not only that, but there are high paying jobs out there that don't require a degree. Nowadays, a degree is just a piece of paper sitting at home. It's worthless!! Most graduates can't even find a job after finishing school with the degrees they have.

• No, college is not necessary to earn a competitive living

It seems today that high school students are told they NEED to attend college to earn a competitive living. This cannot be further from the truth. There are apprenticeship programs, military service, and entry level jobs with chances for upward growth. I believe it is a disservice to young minds to tell them that college is the only path for them. This will lead to debts early in life, and if they don't get a decent job right out of college, then their life will be made significantly more dificult.