• The space between

This is a consciousness extending a means to communicate to another consciousness(s) while adhering to its physical and non-physical condition. It is evident to me that the body and soul are polar manners of existence that at some juncture has to have a point or platform of interaction, thus a nexus such as consciousness is manifested. You could further make the distinction of brain and mind as one tends to the collection of data and the other utilizes of that data, every self is a collection of data reviewed,recycled retooled for the self to utilize. The very nature of the soul is non-material, devoid of physical (collective). The soul initiates utilization, what is utilized depends on the impact of the data when received through the senses. By physical terms the soul can only be observed as an afterlife aware the term is misleading. The physical is finite bond to eventually dematerialize, therefore the memories(data) dies but the impact the data makes on the soul perpetuates indefinitely. Consciousness is the point of contact between the finite and the infinite.

• Truth is Truth

I am neither a physicist nor I theologian. It is proven that everything in the universe is connected. And based on my studies, it appears as if God is no more or no less and energy. Based on the scientific facts that are available today, there is a direct link between metaphysics and spirituality. With quantum physics being the glue that holds everything together from a scientific stand point.

• Truth is Truth

• Consciousness is the Soul, Potentially even the eyes of the Soul.

Reason why I say this, and in fact I could go so far as to say even God is consciousness, is because of all the statements you see in nearly every scripture that talk of an energy form or something within whether you call it God or Allah or Brahman or whatever else. Taoism states of a life force and energy within the Universe and every living and non-living being. Buddhism states that the "Mind is everything". Islam has a quote from Mohammed that states, "Man is my mystery and I am his mystery, for I am he himself and he is also myself". Jesus Christ is considered to be God, but I also think he meant We all are God too, as he said in John 10:34, "Is it not written in your Laws, "I have said 'you are gods'"?". In Hinduism, Krishna tells Arjuna that he resides in every being and even the non-living, including Arjuna, and also Krishna himself. Judaism believes that God can see through the eyes of everyone and everything, hence the name "All-seeing", plus there's the quote "I AM THAT I AM", or an even better translation from Hebrew, "I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE."

In my opinion, all these are all a same Truth, just a different interpretation and culture added to it. The Soul is the Consciousness because the Soul and Consciousness are also what God, Allah, Brahman, Tao, Kami, the Source, and whatever other name you have for It, and Us. So yes, I believe the Consciousness is the Soul, and the Soul is the branch of what we actually are deep inside, and that is God itself - We just are still behind the veil of the Ego to see what the Purest and most Awe-Inspiring Truth of it is... We're all correct, and We're all God, We just don't want to face it. And what God is, what the Soul is - which the Soul is just a single branch of what all of God is - is what the Consciousness is, especially at Its purest form.

This is just my thoughts on it, you all are always free to believe what you believe and follow your paths as well. May Peace and Universal Truth be found within every one of Us.

• Soul Consciousness is True Consciousness.

A soul is an eternal being. Your soul consciousness is your life force. It is the motivating force. When the body dies, the soul continues to exist. Your mind consciousness or brain is a part of your body. Your soul consciouness does not die. Your soul is your true consciousness. For example, I had an out-of-body experience. In this out-of-body experience, my soul separated from my body. Looking at my body, this was my soul consciousness "I" viewing my body which later re-entered my body and "I" woke up. While out of my body, I feel "I" had a choice to make, to follow voices in the light or come back home. "I" was not ready to leave so, I returned to my body.

• Two Unique Cogs of a Self Aware Universe

Consciousness and subconsciousness are bodily functions of the brain keeping the physical body connected to the physical world. And when the body dies, that connection of one's former body-self to the physical world dissolves.

The soul is the connection of one's consciousness/subconsciousness to the non physical world [universe] When consciousness/subconsciousness dissolves with bodily death, the soul's connection with the physical world dissolves too. Once the link between consciousness/subconsciousness and the soul is dissolved, the soul returns to the non-physical world/universe.

****

NOTES:

1) Current astrophysics theory estimates that the visible [physical] universe contains just >5% of the mass of the universe while dark energy and dark matter [so far, non-physical] is >95% of the universe's mass.

2) Sir Roger Penrose, among other significant theorists, proposes that there is a quantum connection between consciousness and the soul. That is, in quantum mechanics, particles can and are, essentially, in two places at the same time. Penrose with Prof. Stuart Hameroff have hypothesized that under quantum biology, there is an alternating connection of quantum particles that link consciousness with the universe [Penrose does not infer that that link is one's soul while Hameroff does infer that the link connects consciousness with the soul].

• I had this thought

I had this thought last night while i was going to sleep and thought why not...I believe our consiousness is what is left after our physical body dies and i believe that we are eternal beings. This is an interesting idea. I have been taking nootropics for the last couple weeks and it is boosting my imagination for anyone interested i recommend alpha brain.

• Consciousness is what makes us "us"

The argument is as old as argument itself. Our consciousness is what makes us distinctly "us". I'm not quite sure exactly what I believe happens when we die, but I do believe our consciousness continues on. Biocentrism offers that time reboots, since reality (time and space) is a product of consciousness, so perhaps we return to a different moment. In any case, consciousness is the essence of ourselves, in other words our soul.

• Yess I agree

Consciousness a fragment of superconsciousness( supreme power) exist around us( soul) which creates a subconsciousness is located in our brain carry out daily functions ..All level of consciousness are connected to each other.Each one have consciosness of there own.After death subconsciousnee merges back into consciousness,which finally merges with the superconsciousness

• Yes, it is just a"scientific"name for "religious" soul.

I think what religious people define as the soul is in other way the consciousness. It is what is left when we die. It does not disappear, it is constant and ever present in the universe. In my opinion two things are left when we die: energy and consciousness. Of course, we can't "see" this energy, but it is there. Neither can we see consciousness, but it it there as well.

• Chemical signals control our bodies, we do we not think they control our minds?

Consciousness is nothing more than a complex set of chemical signals in our brains. Our thoughts about a god are chemical signals. Our minds created and sustain a belief in a higher power because of our of death. That is a chemical signal. We created God. How is this disputable?

****

NOTES:

• The soul is conscious and aware.

The soul is the inner self. It is aware, perceiving, attentive, thinking and analytical. Consciousness is a state of the soul. A baby apprehends. He/she knows intuitively based on experience from the senses. The brain creates representations: appearances, tastes, sounds, smells and feels. The soul experiences the senses that the brain portrays and learns what the representations mean.

Without a soul a person would be an automaton reacting to reality without knowing. The source, physical features and location of the soul is not known. But the existence soul is obvious to people who have one.

• No it is not.

Souls resides in living human beings, that you are conscious of it or not.
    Consciousness is like a multidimensional awareness of the, All That is/The Big Picture, that is contained in all forms of existence, in all creations on Earth and beyond.
    Maybe Consciousness and existence have a special affinity.

• No consciousness does not have to be moer

I do not think consciousness is your sould because I don't believe there is an extra thing inside us like the soul. I think consciousness is just what it is, consciousness. There is no soul inside you that escapes when you die. Your alive because every part of your body is functioning properly.

• Consciousness is not the soul.

I believe that when we die, our souls die with us. However, I do believe that we all have one universal consciousness that has lived since the beginning of time. I think that our souls are nothing more than neurological manifestations of our genetic programming and past experiences. I think that it is very hard for the consciousness to die because the consciousness IS THE UNIVERSE. I think that even things that don't have minds (including plants and inanimate objects) have consciousness. I believe that we might truly die when the theoretical day comes that the universe collapses upon itself and is destroyed. If I can truly believe believe this, then I have no reason to fear death. However, I don't want to die because I like living.

• Consciousness is d symptom of a soul

Consciousness is a symptom of a soul. Just simillar to heat nnd light are the symptom of a soul. Fire may present in one place, but heat nd light spread to all over d area, llarly soul is situated in d heart but consciouness is spread over d body. This knowledge self one can properly understand by studing authorised scriptures not by speculation.

• Consciousness is not the soul, rather it is our brain's memories in a modified state.

Our conscious is something we cannot live without. It is the brain's memories of things taught and lived in a modified state. The soul, on the other hand, is something that we are born with and that grows with us. You see, one is a bank of things done and the other is what fills that bank.

• Consciousness and the Soul are two separate things.

Consciousness and the soul are two opposite things. You can have one without the other. You can have your soul while not being conscious. Therefore concluding that consciousness cannot possibly be the soul because you would not be able to have a soul if you are not conscious. Those who are in a coma could have a soul, but meanwhile they do not have a conscious because they are in a comatose state.

• Consciousness is not the soul.

This a question for Christians, because this question could be answered in many ways. However, I think it is how I feel or think, so I will say, consciousness is not the soul. The soul is our life force. It is put into us the minute we are conceived, and leave our body the minute we die.